[Ban Appeal] [Francinum] BillyBoBBizWorth

Post by BillyBoBBizWorth » #516476

BYOND account: BillyBoBBizWorth

Character name: Chubbs McGrinksky

Ban type: Server ban

Ban length: Permanent

Time ban was placed: Today

Your side of the story:

I joined the round as Engineer Chubbs McGrinksky, spent 10 minutes filling my crate to the brim(literally couldnt hold anymore items) and headed towards to Alamo via north hallway.Im stopped and borderline harassed by Evelyn the synth and a squad lead/ASL at the time.Evelyn just runs up to me, and starts to try and drag the crate, at first i think shes just trying to be helpful, and just attempt to grab it back and carry on, but she for some reason really wants to handle my crate and seeming i just spent 10 minutes with it filling it with all the supplies i think ill need, so i was abit protective of it, but i never actually caused much of a fuss over it, the synth and squad lead were however with whatever their initial reasoning of approaching me in the first place was.They approached me, i didnt approach them.
This continues with me trying to grab it back and reach the Alamo, but to no avail.Within all this the Alpha( i think) lead was starting to actually hit me, i never hit back, i just questioned what the hell was even going on and what all the drama was about, check the logs for confirmation on everything.I end up reaching the Alamo, and still until this point im being inteferred with by the Synth and Alpha lead, then the Delta lead/ASL hits me a few times as well(infront of the MP), when sitting in the alamo flight chair, and around this time i now have a MP looking at me for some reason as if i actually had done anything wrong at this point, i was totally puzzled actually.The MP ends up arresting me of all people, which i was distracted not long after i sat down in the Alamo because i sent a ahelp regarding all this(been told enough times that in situations like this, just ahelp, so i did).
My ahelp is answered by Francinum, which he ends up permabanning me not long after my ahelping, makes me wonder if the couple minutes he told me he was investigating, was he simply investigating me and nothing i had actually reported? However, he permabanned me for multikeying, which is technically true as i was logged in under my ZHost BYOND account i use for when im hosting, my only other account is BillyBoBBizWorth which is my account i usually used to use for playing on BYOND before i started hosting server tests myself.

I dont have any issues with why i was banned, because it is true that i guess i was or am a multikeyer now, but i forgot i was even in that other account and there was no malicious intentions either.I re-read the rules as a result of all this, and even though i was pretty sure myself that multikeying can get you banned and it was written down as well, i cant find anything regarding it except this :

Under Rule 0

5. Admins may ask players in possession of multiple alt accounts to choose one to play on and ban the other accounts.

Now if thats what can be done in this scenario, i nominate a account, then i can obviously do that, just need a response on that.

I asked for information regarding what came of the investigation of my original ahelp, but didnt get anything, as i was going to make a small player report on the Synth Evylyn(i felt that between her and the alpha lead, they were breaching "dont be a dick rule", in my opinion, hence the ahelp), which was the one that started this chain reaction that ended up not only making me loose my supplies i gathered, miss the operation and then get brigged, for what? I honestly dont even know, so this is acting as a player report as well seeming ive described it detailed enough for this appeal anyhow.Whether anything of that part comes of it, is another story, but i hope it is considered seriously.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban itself as ive mentioned is clearly just, if multikeying is a solid rule here, which im pretty sure it is.I didnt do this with anything in mind aside from playing on the server, i infact have been playing on your server when you have it online with that secondary hosting account for weeks/months now, and before that on my primary with no issues.Ahelping was only the catalyst that made the admins aware of my second/newer account, i told Francinum directly and truthfully on discord myself, as i honestly forgot i was even in another account and the possible issues with it.

When i do play, i usually play support roles, another factor among many proving i dont have any malicious intentions.

Francinum also mentioned my note history on my primary account, which as well is a fair point, however i will point out that, that note history doesnt reflect what im like on TGMC, as it can be said it does on CM when i played there.

References of good conduct: Well i held my hand up to assist with that Ball thats been delayed, or offer other assistance, Killer in discord before he went offline gave me a recommendation on helping out with that project and i wanted to assist.

Other than that, just watch me ingame i guess, unless you admins have been using the note system to apply good notes to players? But i doubt it?

CHeers
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Re: [Ban Appeal] [Francinum] BillyBoBBizWorth

Post by francinum » #516514

The ban was placed on ZHost, your primary account still has access to the game server unless I messed up the ban.

I'm unsure what you want out of this appeal, besides complaining about the handling of a ticket where you logged out before it could properly be investigated.
Framing this as me ignoring proper investigative procedures and banning you for an unrelated incident and calling it done is unjustified.
Spoiler:
MrWorth
Byond Username: MrWorth

Post by MrWorth » #516548

Thank you for appealing,

On procedure alone this appeal is void. The account in question, BillyBoBBizWorth, is not banned on the server.

However, the correct course of action if the account ZHost was the preferred primary would be to appeal under that account for the ban to be transferred to the secondary account. Generally at the time of the encounter the choice is given before banning an account but seeing as there was a DC before the investigation was completed I personally find the actions taken to be reasonable.

As a side note, the fact that the ban came after an Ahelp is not out of the question as an admin will check the Notes/IPs/CIDs of all parties when investigating.

Additionally, this is not the place to report player or admin behavior. If you have issue with either please make a post in the correct section.
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #516555

As stated above.

This appeal is resolved as INCONCLUSIVE due to improper filing.

Please file a player or admin complaint if you feel the original situation was handled improperly.
Spoiler: