Cobbychem: A Separate Thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Cobbychem: A Separate Thread

Post by oranges » #514480

Bottom post of the previous page:

Is that actually true regarding the rads? I've been getting conflicting answers on radiation for weeks now and I can't figure out why people are having radically different experiences.

I like the idea of switching the tier 1 chems to be paper cut chems, personally I'd cap them to heal the top 40% of damage only, and then make them the active components of bruise /burn patches etc.

I know someone mooted the idea of passive healing over time and the paper-cut chems speeding up that heal rate a bit., however I think a cap is more manageable and understandable (with proper feedback).
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #514481

Taraiph wrote:What you've made, Cobby, is a situation where the choices available are effectively inferior in every circumstance to the choices that came before
Trekchems were super op, so needed a nerf, to make room for people to make actually meaningful tradeoffs in medbay, instead of just jabbing people full of the relevant chem for the relevant damage, and then leaving them healing on their own.
No doctor wants to sit there and tend wounds because it keeps them from dealing with other matters that may be more useful in the near future.
doctors don't want to do their job incase they get to do something else that isn't their job?
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #514498

I spent some time giving a proper look at new medical so let me preface with a few things:
-Last time I played MD in any proper capacity was with trekchems/sleepers so I did not experience the somewhat rocky start of the rework
-I played as is advertised, with tend wounds being the primary healing method
-I acknowledge some people seem to prefer standing next to medibots for 10 minutes instead of either learning how to use chems or just asking doctors for help, either out of spite or stupidity, and that's entirely on them

Overall, good riddance to braindead medical, MDs have a reason to exist

There's some problems.
Short version is: Tend wounds does not feel like a preferred method, it feels like a fallback if you can't/won't deal with the chems.
-You have a limited amount of tools roundstart which get lost/stolen. You MAY be able to print more if science does its job (more on this later) but that's still going to waste your time while your patients die.
-For full effectiveness you need very specific machinery (surgery computer), field surgery is a not viable option. Your patients will probably hate you for even trying since it's so goddamn slow especially if you spill all their inventory on the floor for passerbys to steal.
-RNG FAILURE CHANCE IS BAD
-Effectiveness of tend surgery is entirely dependent on the science department throwing you a bone instead of investing in their own toys and, once more, very specific machinery only found in select parts of the station. So now MDs are dependant on science as well as chemists to be able to do their job effectively. Admittedly this is an issue with RnD nodes as a whole.

All of this is juxtaposed to using chemical patches without even having to take off your spacesuit.
Chem side effects are generally not an issue once you understand how to use them and not to abuse them. A skilled chemist can still make mixes that will outheal a team of MDs with none of the grief and preparation of doing surgery.
Granted good chemists are few and far between, but their potential still outclasses MDs by a long shot.

Some suggestions:
-Make tend wounds more effective the more damaged a patient is, ex: heal_damage = 5+(damage*0.1). Don't make me regret trying to heal a body instead of just throwing it in the cloner, which would be faster and not a waste of time.
-Drastically decrease the penalty from doing tend wounds with clothes on, the time investment for both people involved is bad enough as it is
-Turn surgery failure chance into a speed multiplier that goes beyond 100%, so using sterilizing agents in ideal conditions is still advantageous
-Merge my PR that gives medical doctors the tools they need to do their job already
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #514510

oranges wrote:
Taraiph wrote:What you've made, Cobby, is a situation where the choices available are effectively inferior in every circumstance to the choices that came before
Trekchems were super op, so needed a nerf, to make room for people to make actually meaningful tradeoffs in medbay, instead of just jabbing people full of the relevant chem for the relevant damage, and then leaving them healing on their own.
No doctor wants to sit there and tend wounds because it keeps them from dealing with other matters that may be more useful in the near future.
doctors don't want to do their job incase they get to do something else that isn't their job?
1. I think everyone's in agreement that Trekchems were/are super OP. Personally I'd lock them behind research and maybe a new machine specifically for making more advanced chems separate from the dispenser/heater but my spitballing != decent gameplay. In addition, we still have cryo and cloning, which are WAY better for dealing with injuries than surgery, if only because you don't have to worry about juggling one less person in medbay
Spoiler:
and because tiding someone in a cloning pod is way harder

2. The busier medbay is the worse the overall situation on the station is. Ideally medbay should be barren, or get one person every five to ten minutes. If there's a fucking clog of people in medbay, you're probably better off calling the shuttle because at that point whatever caused the issue is only getting worse by the minute.
I should have known you're from the fighting game community given how insane you are
3. Stones and glass houses.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #514518

Chems that don't have a surgery alternative shouldn't do damage (I'm looking at you, Multiver). They can have temporary side effects, but they shouldn't do anything that'll need more chems to fix.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #514526

I am still wondering why everyone keeps calling trekchems OP when styptic and sulphur have always been superior.

Anyway. Treckchems would have been fine if they simply healed less and had a low OD. Makes them useful but not OP.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #514529

oranges wrote:It really pisses me off when people straight up lie about stuff like this and I will catch you a dev subforum ban for it.
Perhaps you should provide a roadmap for your plans like everyone is asking for. Then we wouldn't have to go to digg for information that we should be able to read on our very own dev forum.

Nevertheless, not preparing in advance for cloning's removal is shortsighted. Telling people "lmao just clone" when he knows he's making a system that is supposed to outlive cloning is ridiculous.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #514585

listen, cloning removal is a very long term aim, its' not going to happen next week, or probably even next year
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #514591

Some suggestions:
-Make tend wounds more effective the more damaged a patient is, ex: heal_damage = 5+(damage*0.1). Don't make me regret trying to heal a body instead of just throwing it in the cloner, which would be faster and not a waste of time.
-Drastically decrease the penalty from doing tend wounds with clothes on, the time investment for both people involved is bad enough as it is
-Turn surgery failure chance into a speed multiplier that goes beyond 100%, so using sterilizing agents in ideal conditions is still advantageous
-Merge my PR that gives medical doctors the tools they need to do their job already
Agreed with all of these
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #514618

also giving anesthetics a surgery bonus would be nice, it's literally useless now.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #514620

CPTANT wrote:also giving anesthetics a surgery bonus would be nice, it's literally useless now.
Should just be used for certain surgeries

Cmon you're telling me getting your brain removed/organ removed with 0 sedatives. No alcohol, space-drugs, nothing. Is not going to leave some lasting mental trauma?

These spessmen are strong as hell
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #514749

After https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/46512 I will be replacing failure with longer time to perform surgeries.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #514754

?

I just want to say that even though I focused on the negatives for the sake of feedback I have been enjoying new medical quite a lot
Be nice to each other.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #514761

Cobby wrote:After https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/46512 I will be replacing failure with longer time to perform surgeries.
This is the single best change you could ever make for medical. Actually being able to do field surgery reliably, even if it takes forever, will be fucking amazing.

any chance for a portable surgical computer?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #514764

not atm since TW will be quite strong even at base.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #514781

Cobby wrote:After https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/46512 I will be replacing failure with longer time to perform surgeries.
This is the best surgery change you could possibly ever make. The Tend Wounds change should actually make it useful for prepping bodies for revival and in combination with the failure chance removal it's well worth using on a stasis bed to prep someone for defib.

Great work.
Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #514823

Between this and my newly-created mixes for brute and burn I am now assured in the coderbus' ability to improve the game just as much as they fuck it up. Good work.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #514878

deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #515108

Alright, after a fair amount of time adjusting and playing with the new systems, let's post some more detailed feedback besides "remove bad change".

First, I agree with the sentiment of trying to drive away toxic powergamers from chemistry. Making 20 of each patch then fucking off to make grenades, meth, and floorpills was not good for anyone. However, I fail to see how this new chem system achieves that in the slightest. It's only made it worse, as chemists feel that the new chems are completely pointless, and now don't bother making any whatsoever. Chemistry may as well be called the meth lab now, since the only things that ever come out of chem are meth, krokodil, crank/bath salts, etc. They feel like they have no reason to make "useful" chems anymore because nobody thinks the new chems are useful. At best they'll make anti-rad and pills for disease cures.

Second, toxin damage is amazingly difficult to deal with now. Sure, you could make a reasonable argument that charcoal was too strong, but now getting 50+ toxins in your body feels like a death sentence, only solvable by regen jelly or le epic K&C. We do currently still have cryo to deal with cases like this, but I can't help but wonder how much longer it'll exist, given the assumed goal of removing all of the fix-all solutions in the (near or far)future, like killing cloning. Bonus mention here goes to radiation, which is still nearly impossible for medbay to deal with effectively, even when we still had trekchems.

Third, there's been a growing sentiment that there is no chem based method of dealing with light wounds anymore. It seems absolutely silly to me that you should have to go into medbay for surgery to deal with 10 brute and burn, when a patch should deal with the problem with no noticable downsides. I've noticed ideas being thrown around that the t1 chems should be remade to have no downsides but have a cap on the wound level they can affect, then remaking the t2 chems into what the t1s currently are. I think this would be the ideal solution. Give people ways to patch their boo-boos, and have a doctor tend their wounds for more major injuries.

Fourth:
Bless you. This will probably solve all the unwieldy issues that TW currently has. I would recommend that if possible, only make this apply to TW surgery, as failure chances for ghetto surgery and brain surgery should still exist. I'd also recommend giving the same buff that stasis beds received for surgery success rate to the roller beds. Currently I only use roller beds to do emergency transportation to medbay(and I feel like I'm the only one that even uses them) which might be their intended purpose, but imagine if we could do effective field treatment using the rollerbeds? What if an EMT could effectively treat someone without them ever having to step foot into medbay? I personally think this idea has legs, and I'd love to see what happens as a result of it.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515130

deedubya wrote:Bonus mention here goes to radiation, which is still nearly impossible for medbay to deal with effectively, even when we still had trekchems.
You know what's cute? They just merged a change that makes all uranium items be as radioactive as uranium walls/doors, even uranium ore and sheets. Now not only will plasmeme engineers be a fast neutron source, but carrying a full load of uranium sheets back to your workstation might be a death sentence because medbay is totally unprepared to handle it. It's been tested ingame and having over 6 units of uranium is a serious hazard.

Having uranium sheets in the hallways is now dangerous enough that cyborgs are better off stealing all the uranium and spacing it before anyone can take it out of the ORM.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #515137

Floyd is also very keen to keep in radiation from uranium and I don't understand his fixation on it. Hell, he barely understood how radiation functionally worked in-game so I don't think he should be putting in shit like this in the first place.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #515148

different thread please
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515215

oranges wrote:different thread please
It's relevant to cobbychem when the chems to address radiation are sorely lacking but radiation sources keep increasing.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #515274

I've been basically replacing Reed Glover on SYbil as the chemist and I have to say, I straight up don't bother with the C2 chems, bar sritiver as a precursor for niche medications like oculine/antihol/inacusiate/etc. I've been using Oxandrolane, Salicylic Acid and Penetic Acid as the burn/brute/tox treatments of choice and making use of the Record feature to remove the tediousness in making them. So that's a positive I think?

I feel mediborgs are the ones hit the absolute hardest by this change and I'm 95% sure their pain would be alleviated if they could inject their hypospray into their beaker so they could actually dilute the effects, though using a syringe would be suffering. Come to think of it, it would be really nice if you could empty out autoinjectors/hypos into other containers like beakers, I was very disappointed as my stint as a ghetto chemist to learn I couldn't dump out discarded epi pens into beakers to make drugs.

This is off topic but I want to talk about it. Another thing I feel that medbay suffers from is the dominance of the patch. Patches are just the best means of getting chemicals into somebody, no ifs or buts. Patches aren't blocked by clothing (like pills and syringes are) and can hold more units than bottles and pills. In addition, in the time it takes to apply a patch, a syringe can only inject 5u while a patch dumps its load like a pill does.
I'm probably gonna make more enemies but I feel each application method should be different and distinct enough to make using them worthwhile.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515305

Anonmare wrote:This is off topic but I want to talk about it. Another thing I feel that medbay suffers from is the dominance of the patch. Patches are just the best means of getting chemicals into somebody, no ifs or buts. Patches aren't blocked by clothing (like pills and syringes are) and can hold more units than bottles and pills. In addition, in the time it takes to apply a patch, a syringe can only inject 5u while a patch dumps its load like a pill does.
I'm probably gonna make more enemies but I feel each application method should be different and distinct enough to make using them worthwhile.
Back when we had trekchem there was a distinct difference between in-blood and on-skin applications of drugs, where some had to be applied on skin with a medical sprayer to avoid ODing people. It's almost like the chem changes weren't very well thought out.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #515306

Anonmare wrote:This is off topic but I want to talk about it. Another thing I feel that medbay suffers from is the dominance of the patch. Patches are just the best means of getting chemicals into somebody, no ifs or buts. Patches aren't blocked by clothing (like pills and syringes are) and can hold more units than bottles and pills. In addition, in the time it takes to apply a patch, a syringe can only inject 5u while a patch dumps its load like a pill does.
No, I think that's pretty relevant in a chem/medbay rework topic. It's a pretty important and overlooked point too. Heck, I'd even go so far as to argue that trekchems wouldn't even have necessitated a removal if it wasn't for the existence of sleepers and patches. Bicard/sulf patches just instantly healed 40% of your wounds immediately, and everyone can agree that was retarded. I have noticed a trend in cobbchems though, in trying to encourage and occasionally force different methods of application. That being said, patches of current cobbchems are extremely dangerous to use due to the harmful side-effects, and I believe that's also been discouraging their use.

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #515479

deedubya wrote:
No, I think that's pretty relevant in a chem/medbay rework topic. It's a pretty important and overlooked point too. Heck, I'd even go so far as to argue that trekchems wouldn't even have necessitated a removal if it wasn't for the existence of sleepers and patches. Bicard/sulf patches just instantly healed 40% of your wounds immediately, and everyone can agree that was retarded. I have noticed a trend in cobbchems though, in trying to encourage and occasionally force different methods of application. That being said, patches of current cobbchems are extremely dangerous to use due to the harmful side-effects, and I believe that's also been discouraging their use.
I was a heavy opponent of this system until just recently, and I can say that it's not too extremely dangerous to use anymore if at all. I don't see that "You feel a sharp pain your abdomen" usually ever anymore (if at all). At their current state, they are basically trek chems for all intents and purposes, just slightly less effective. Does this make it a good system now? No, it's still as bad an implementation as it was in all the iterations so far, but it's not as bad as the version where healing was shite and it did insane organ damage.

If you're going to try and shift medbay towards more surgery focused approaches, you need a system like Baymed (unironically) as it balances the various departments in Bay to have more of an incentive to do surgery than slap a chem on and begone.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #515547

Anonmare wrote: I'm probably gonna make more enemies but I feel each application method should be different and distinct enough to make using them worthwhile.
I tried to do this with trophazole, rhigoxane and thializid, but none of Cobby's new chems have the this property. Perhaps this is because Cobby doesn't think giving people medicine is fun and wants people to use surgery.

The biggest problem with Cobbychem is that it tries to shift focus to surgery(although this has been undermined by powercreeping the new chems) without making surgery fun, interesting or complex.

Surgery can be in theory be really fun and interesting if mechanics such hygiene, anaesthesia and complications are introduced, as seen on other codebases, but chems are just more interesting right now, even if they themselves are not as interesting as they could be if thoughtfully designed.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #515550

Well the goal of cobbymed is to make effective healing require someone else treat you instead of being able to self treat. Trophazole and Rhigoxane still suffer from this issue. They are fun to use however.

Trophazole's baseline brute healing should probably be baked in fully to the peptides, so it actually requires eating. This will make it a good alternative to surgery for brute, as it still requires the doctor prescribe a treatment, and a chef to fulfill it.

Rhigoxane on the other hand is a problem. While the administration via spray is neat it is still a pill chem. If it could only be administered by spray and had to be carefully administered it might follow the cobbymed theme.

Is there a way to make it work like Trophazole and healing viruses in that it needs to be activated by an action? I cant think of a theme that fits burn damage.

I would much rather the tier 2 chems be removed. You can tend wounds through clothing now, they arent really needed vs the more complicated and interesting chems.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515564

Dr_bee wrote:Well the goal of cobbymed is to make effective healing require someone else treat you instead of being able to self treat. Trophazole and Rhigoxane still suffer from this issue. They are fun to use however.

Trophazole's baseline brute healing should probably be baked in fully to the peptides, so it actually requires eating. This will make it a good alternative to surgery for brute, as it still requires the doctor prescribe a treatment, and a chef to fulfill it.

Rhigoxane on the other hand is a problem. While the administration via spray is neat it is still a pill chem. If it could only be administered by spray and had to be carefully administered it might follow the cobbymed theme.

Is there a way to make it work like Trophazole and healing viruses in that it needs to be activated by an action? I cant think of a theme that fits burn damage.

I would much rather the tier 2 chems be removed. You can tend wounds through clothing now, they arent really needed vs the more complicated and interesting chems.
How about healing burn while you have water in your system?
Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #516090

So I've been taking more time playing medbay, and one thing I've noticed that complicates procedures: the person you're supposed to be healing. I've cooled down a bunch on cobbychem since it's initial introduction (even though I still find many faults within its design), but I've noticed that pretty much no one else who plays has. If a dude walks in half-dead and I move in for surgery, my issues stop being "chemistry hates having anything to do with cobbychem" and moves to "no one wants surgery". The dude will legit start throwing a fit about how he doesn't need surgery and only wants the limited amount of ointment on hand or some other shit. Medbay, when it isn't under my direct control as CMO, basically turns into "the place you go to get hard drugs" because no one wants to deal with cobbychem, over a month later. The medbay meta (medbayta) has shifted in one direction and immediately stagnated. Can anyone else confirm my concerns, or am I just acting full-on taraiph again?
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #516097

Taraiph wrote: Snip
Nah, I think those are legitimate concerns. People logically want ot spend as little time as possible in medbay, and
surgery is SLOW. I am more surprised the medbay emta hasn't moved to asking cargo for medkits, becaus eit's rpobably faster
until they remove ointment/bruise packs (Oh yeah, do not doubt those are going away).

it's only logical. until now people have been used to self-medication and quick medicine. it's like loweirng salaries: noone
wants to lose what they once had. And now they have moved form medbay taking 2 minutes to be done with to taking 10 minutes
unless Chemist has ben doing his job (Which is somewhat unlikely), and people are understandably angry. of course, I understand
more changes are coming, so we'll see.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #516119

So far surgery is only preferable only on patients with a lot of damage and has the added benefit of not wasting supplies if you're running low, light wounds are easily handled with chems without having to worry about the side effects of heavy dosage, which is not a bad place for it to be

But we already have PRs with people trying to add healing chems that are basically old chems with slight annoyances like slowdown, which when you compare it to surgery's "lie down and do absolutely nothing while someone else takes the time to heal you" will make surgery never be an optimal alternative
Be nice to each other.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #516140

Taraiph wrote:So I've been taking more time playing medbay, and one thing I've noticed that complicates procedures: the person you're supposed to be healing. I've cooled down a bunch on cobbychem since it's initial introduction (even though I still find many faults within its design), but I've noticed that pretty much no one else who plays has. If a dude walks in half-dead and I move in for surgery, my issues stop being "chemistry hates having anything to do with cobbychem" and moves to "no one wants surgery". The dude will legit start throwing a fit about how he doesn't need surgery and only wants the limited amount of ointment on hand or some other shit. Medbay, when it isn't under my direct control as CMO, basically turns into "the place you go to get hard drugs" because no one wants to deal with cobbychem, over a month later. The medbay meta (medbayta) has shifted in one direction and immediately stagnated. Can anyone else confirm my concerns, or am I just acting full-on taraiph again?
People acting like entitled dickbags when it comes to the bruise packs/ointments isn't anything new, and just something you'll have to force your hand on. Remember, they came in missing an arm and a leg, if they want to be treated they're at your mercy. If they don't like that, toss the fucker out. If he comes back in and refuses to cooperate, he's now an organ donor.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #516146

Buise packs and ointment need to fucking go if anything is going to change.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #516304

Rename the chems back to their old names because the new names suck.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516332

Don't fucking remove first aid, this is the only thing that I use as MD for brute/burn and it fucking effective unlike foggernight and libtardial or ayyuri
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #516360

Timonk wrote:Don't fucking remove first aid, this is the only thing that I use as MD for brute/burn and it fucking effective unlike foggernight and libtardial or ayyuri
learn to play your role
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #516363

oranges wrote:
Timonk wrote:Don't fucking remove first aid, this is the only thing that I use as MD for brute/burn and it fucking effective unlike foggernight and libtardial or ayyuri
learn to play your role
why bother when new chems are being added every other day, while others are changed
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #516381

no one lets me to wound tending surgery, they screech and piss at me until i chuck em in cryo for a few minutes

all i do now is chuck people in the toobs when i used to at least be able to slap a few dudes with some patches to get them to fuck off and stop bleedin on my floor
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #516385

Super Aggro Crag wrote:no one lets me to wound tending surgery, they screech and piss at me until i chuck em in cryo for a few minutes

all i do now is chuck people in the toobs when i used to at least be able to slap a few dudes with some patches to get them to fuck off and stop bleedin on my floor
wesoda25 wrote:why bother when new chems are being added every other day, while others are changed
Everyone who likes playing doctor is waiting for the other shoe to drop. The role has changed a lot and nobody is gonna re-learn it until they're sure they won't have to learn it again in a few weeks. This goes double for optimal chem mixes, since the side effects started out so dangerous that people were afraid to experiment.
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #516388

After the buff to cobbychems, people need to chill out because the main brute healing chemical is stronger than bicardine ever was. You only need 7 units to heal someone from critical condition to full health if it was only from brute damage and it causes only 10.2 liver damage which is basically nothing. Aiuri's downside can just be mitigated with oculine.

Toxin healing is kinda awful to do though.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #516392

Critawakets wrote:After the buff to cobbychems, people need to chill out because the main brute healing chemical is stronger than bicardine ever was. You only need 7 units to heal someone from critical condition to full health if it was only from brute damage and it causes only 10.2 liver damage which is basically nothing. Aiuri's downside can just be mitigated with oculine.

Toxin healing isnt bad if you use Thalizid/Syriniver in 5 dose increments. 5 units is enough to heal like 60 toxin damage. But yeah, Multiver is dogshit. I miss old charcoal.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #516395

Critawakets wrote:After the buff to cobbychems, people need to chill out because the main brute healing chemical is stronger than bicardine ever was. You only need 7 units to heal someone from critical condition to full health if it was only from brute damage and it causes only 10.2 liver damage which is basically nothing. Aiuri's downside can just be mitigated with oculine.

This is the bit I don't get. Clearly, the intent was to ween people off of chems for dealing with burn/brute. I appreciate the new burn/brute meds being more usable now, though. But now it feels like TW isn't really a viable option until surgery's been upgraded, or someone's so far into crit that it'd honestly be faster to toolbox them and chuck them in the cloner. Plus it didn't deal with the fact that toxin damage is the hardest it's ever been to heal. If chems should be good at anything, it should be at dealing with toxin damage and diseases. Right now they're rubbish at dealing with toxins.

Spoiler:
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #516433

deedubya wrote:Plus it didn't deal with the fact that toxin damage is the hardest it's ever been to heal. [...] Right now they're rubbish at dealing with toxins.
Not true. Pent acid is unchanged and thializid/syriniver is really strong.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516441

owanges wrote:
learnsies to pway your rolesies >///>
Okay I did that once but then bicardine got removed and now I don't know what that random chem in medical storage does to the patients eyes and whatever is getting damaged
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516449

Every time I'm trying to fully heal someone coder say "haha get some other damage type" and it fucking triggers my MD OCD because I can't fully heal someone but I want them to be spessmen again oh God oh fuck

We need a chem that slowly heals organ damage round start with no repercussions
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #516459

Then learn to play again
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #516467

I will say, tend wounds has been pretty amazing for recovering people from massive brute damage while cloning was down or you didn't wanna subject them to clone hell. It won't work on husks (necessarily), but resleeving exists for a reason I suppose.

People are still a bit unsettled by resleeving but it is a hell of a way to get someone back into the round.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #516469

Timonk wrote:We need a chem that slowly heals organ damage round start with no repercussions
Thanks for the suggestion.

From this suggestion, I have decided to retroactively implement it into the game via meme magic. Organs now self heal over time slowly, and will do this as of in the game right now.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #516520

I just want something that is useful for when you have about 0-20 damage that is easy to use and make.