Lynch
Byond Username: 000xLynch

[Subject217] 000xLynch - Old Ban

Post by Lynch » #518292

BYOND account: 000xLynch
Character name: Lynch Alucard
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a non antagonist assistant, put on a tin-foil hat because someone dared him to. He immediately responded by killing this person and beheading them. He then also killed the Captain and the HoP because the tin foil hat gives him a phobia for authority.
Time ban was placed: 2019-02-20
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 102116
Your side of the story: This is a very old ban, I do not recall the details except that I had been acting in an unreasonable manner, killing authority and crew. If I remembered correctly, I was forcefully given some item/physical contact and thought he was trying to robust/kill me and played defensively. Regardless, I recall it was a misunderstanding and my actions warranted the ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My ban was completely fair during that time and situation by the admin. This ban happened quite a while ago and I have since matured and missed playing SS13. Would love the opportunity to come back and play on TG.
References of good conduct: I have not played on any SS13 servers since I was banned. Rather, I was busy in real life, finishing a college degree and working, so I hope that my hiatus from SS13 and responsibilities in daily life have improved my character and judgement enough to rejoin the TG community again.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [Subject217] 000xLynch - Old Ban

Post by MortoSasye » #518320

Since Subject is no longer an admin, this would fall under the headmins.

The full ban reason is the following:
As a non antagonist assistant, put on a tin-foil hat because someone dared him to. He immediately responded by killing this person and beheading them. He then also killed the Captain and the HoP because the tin foil hat gives him a phobia for authority. He also lied in ahelps claiming that the person who dared him put the hat on him. No logs support this claim. You have a considerably sizable history of killing people for very poor justifications. It seems clear to me that you will not change in this regard no matter what sort of punishment I give you.
I would like to see if you played at all in other servers, considering you have other 16 notes that lead to your permaban.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Lynch

Post by Lynch » #518331

I have started to play again at BeeStation pending this ban appeal. Is there a way to prove myself?
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518403

Lynch wrote:I have started to play again at BeeStation pending this ban appeal. Is there a way to prove myself?
I'll ask them regarding your behavior over there today.
NSFW:
Lynch

Post by Lynch » #518521

MortoSasye wrote:
Lynch wrote:I have started to play again at BeeStation pending this ban appeal. Is there a way to prove myself?
I'll ask them regarding your behavior over there today.
Sounds great, I've been playing a bit on and off and the rounds are going steady although not too much is going on. Hope you can find out!
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518653

Hello, sorry I came so late to reply to this but IRL came up and I was pulled away from my duties.

Now that I'm back, do you mind explaining why you told me you didn't play ss13 that much yet I found out you're permabanned on yog?
NSFW:
Lynch

Post by Lynch » #518769

MortoSasye wrote:Hello, sorry I came so late to reply to this but IRL came up and I was pulled away from my duties.

Now that I'm back, do you mind explaining why you told me you didn't play ss13 that much yet I found out you're permabanned on yog?
Hey no problem. SS13 is something I've played on and off for 7 years or so, even more if I recall correctly. Being banned on Yog was a long time ago, you could check it out but I don't recall. It was for similar reasons why I was banned on TG, just being hyperactive/defensive and quick to react with robustness if I suspected someone was out to get me (powergamey).

I just have shifted my priorities to school and work in the past year or so when I said that I haven't played it that much recently (last time I played was 6 months before I posted this).

I admit that I didn't always have the best play style or attitude in the past. I recognize that and have matured and gained respect for my fellow players and community.

Hope that TG will give me a chance to come back and play. I never intended any harm to any specific player, the community or the server. I just didn't play in a more respectful manner and recognize that it is important to show respect to my fellow players and avoid robusting/attacking without sufficient reasoning.
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #518819

While I like your apology, there's a major red flag in this and it's the fact you didn't play at all during this year until recently (say: during these past few weeks). So here's the deal:

This appeal will be denied, but you can appeal this again in 6 months with a positive remark from another server. Until then, this is a no from me.
NSFW: