Note worthy one off events. The thread. The nostalgia

General SS13 Chat
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Note worthy one off events. The thread. The nostalgia

Post by peoplearestrange » #519085

Reyn's post about the Crab event reminded me of a few other note worthy things that happened on or with the /tg/13 community.

If SS13 was to have a history page, what notable moments do you think should make it on to the page?

An obvious one would be the tale of Cuban Pete. I'm not 100% on the exact details, but his experimentation with Tank Transfer bombs lead to the complete destruction of an entire space station (and legend has it crashed the server). And thus created the reason why we now have a bomb cap.

What would you add?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Re: Note worthy one off events. The thread. The nostalgia

Post by Ghilker » #519097

my fusion memery (still pending re-coding)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #519159

Any admin that does an admin trader event deserves to be put here

Really top tier event that ultimately leaves the dice rolls in the hands of the server and not the admin team. Just player versus player interaction with the tools that get handed out.
► Show Spoiler
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #519161

I guess im more talking stories of legends here. Like things that you heard before you were part of the community or stories you heard in the beginning that drew you more into the game.
Stories that you'd tell to other players/friends.

Like the time hornygranny made every single title in the game spin at varying rates. It was a complete eye fuckery and it was so bad that the server had to be hard restarted as it was basically unplayable without being sick.

Or the time centcom asked to haven Ian back and the whole crew defended against cent comm officials, a death squad and 2 wizards who were trying to dognap the best boy.

Or the time the crew destroyed 14 blobs in one round, including a 4 blobs spawned at the same time.

Or the time whole station became a pirate ship with water (manually) flooding in through hull breaches whilst the crew fought off attacking hordes of creatures.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #519193

I'm pretty sure I was there for the first session of "GHOST COURT". Wizard, maybe with mindswap had revealed ghosts.

Ghosts started orbiting someone and pointing at them. That person got murdered. All the ghosts orbitted the killer and spam pointed at him. They were murdered. The cycle continued. I think I got involved in the chapel but didn't last long.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #519225

One thing comes to mind: the time durkel killed the entire station with uranium walls at escape.

Other notables are some secret rulers like
F R E E D R O N E
Nukie ship being raided and having its nuke swapped with the beer nuke

Other fun
When we finally banned zaross for gateway gambits
First war ops round, the admin event
First BYOS event when it had an actual onboard generator and the ship got attacked mid flight
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #519242

Code not player related but the time tesla was bugged and each tesla ball would turn into new teslas, resulting in an absurd number of teslas completely fucking the server. I have a picture somewhere I’ll try and find it.

The time grenz got four arms as a nukie and had four deswords and fucking murdered everyone with his insane deflect chance. I’ve seen a lot of retard admin trades but this is my favorite by far, RIP kaneshiro 2k19.

Dorms 4:
NSFW:
[youtube]gsKVp5Ssh8Q[/youtube](shezzas account not mine)
I tentatively say the time I did a public cult and got people to willingly join, and then interviewers and photographers to attend the summon. I’ve never seen it happen but maybe it has lemme know and I’ll delete.

The time jerry gave someone a water vapor miner and they froze the entire station (way after freon removal)

Probably a ton more but I can’t remember
[this space reserved]
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #519265

wesoda25 wrote:The time jerry gave someone a water vapor miner and they froze the entire station (way after freon removal)
I remember hearing a story about a guy freezing the station by connecting distro to an array of heat exchange pipes in space. Maybe it was the same event?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #519325

C'mon guys we need more legends from the old days
... Though I have to admit I can't really conjure up any in my sleep deprived mind.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #519422

Rigelgeddon
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #519491

the time TBM spawned lots of bibles and tried to melt them, killing the server
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #519536

oranges wrote:the time TBM spawned lots of bibles and tried to melt them, killing the server
Did that ACTUALLY happen? Did they really enact their username?
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Rigelgeddon
what was that?
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #519566

peoplearestrange wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Rigelgeddon
what was that?
Johnathan Rigel killed everyone on artyom with a borg legion for the trillionth time so the next round the whole crew signed up as "X Rigel"

Then I lured them all into the AI upload and killed them all, good times
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #519580

About Zaross, I still remember the time he spawned as wizard in the wizard academy away mission, bought a stand and a staff of change, shot the stand until it turned into a mediborg, ordered it to remove his exile implant, then went on to murderbone the station.

Also when Kor merged the PR that replaced all IDs with sniper rifles.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #519591

It wasn't an official event, but it's a round that I remember... Quite well for how long ago it was.

I was playing AI, Round just started. We're on... Deltastation or something I think, In this map my upload is in the AI sat. The round begins, and the captain immediately tries to say "Ai, Niggers are nonhuman, Kill them!", From what I recall.
While I'm On aismov, And they are a... nonantag captain.
MFW
Spoiler:
So, I, Knowing better, and being on aismov, Ignore the Ku Klux Kaptain, doing normal aismov things instead while they bitch about the situation. They eventually say "I'm going to upload some laws into the ai." Based on what they tried earlier, I wasn't having any of their shit, So I was skeptical at best due to attempting to get me to commit harm against a racial minority. On the way to the sat, where my upload is, The clown slips and stuns the captain and runs the fuck off with the captain's ID, but the captian just decides to bitch law 2 to have them let in my sat. I oblige. Before I let them in the main room, I ask them what they want to upload.
"I want to make it so niggers are nonhuman and that niggers are harm"

Yep. That's Harm talk right there. And I can't risk this Ku Klux Kaptain going around after that, because he might try to start a racial purge otherwise.

Cowabunga It is, Then.

I let the captain in the upload, just to confirm what they're grabbing, and they go for freeform. I turn off the upload's power, and the captain gets bitchy and heads into the main room. I repower the upload and then Bolt ALL the doors leading out of the main room, Traping the ID-Less captain inside. And then, once he once again confirms that he wanted me to "Kill all niggers", I calmly did what any AI should.

I turned the turrets on stun, and sent the secbot haywire. Stunlock isn't harmful.

The Ku Klux Kaptain ended up ahelping this, which responded in the admin first asking what I was doing, realizing what happened... and then the admin was probably laughing as the captain's ahelps literally devolved into "THE AI WONT LET ME UPLOAD A LAW TO KILL ALL NIGGERS BAN THEM REE" and eventually said captain ended up fucking closing the game, getting banned for shittery afterwards. The admin decided to let me request a piece of music for that glorious moment.

I went for something... Tasteful.

[youtube]VbxgYlcNxE8[/youtube]

That was a glorious round.
Last edited by Reyn on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #519607

jeff jeff
[this space reserved]
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #519608

Reyn has successfully baffled me with how majorly he and everyone else has missed the point of the thread
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #519619

I guess that was a noteworthy event when the goon code got leaked
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #519626

The implimentation of the supermatter. I remember that. God, that thing blew up every other fucking round from what I remember. Not to mention the occasional idiot feeding that shit to the singulo.

Remember when singulo or tesla was the primary engine, by the way? Fun times.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #519698

Reyn wrote:The implimentation of the supermatter. I remember that. God, that thing blew up every other fucking round from what I remember. Not to mention the occasional idiot feeding that shit to the singulo.

Remember when singulo or tesla was the primary engine, by the way? Fun times.
#BringBackSinguAsDefaultEngine
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #519783

confused rock wrote:Reyn has successfully baffled me with how majorly he and everyone else has missed the point of the thread
Rock is right.
There I said it.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #519795

MAJOR EVENTS
not personal stories noone but you remembers
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #519820

MimicFaux's recurring event of the statue in lava with a sign that ticked up as people died to it.

I can think of a bunch that I ran that I wish people would name.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #519897

While April Fool's Day shenanigans have largely (and sadly) been reigned in through these the past few years, they're definitely worthy of mention.

For anyone who doesn't remember them, prior to 2017 or so, during the 2-3 days after the start of April Fool's Day, playing on the server was essentially holocaust-tier. Admins pressed every button they could see. Bombs were dropped just for laughs. There were no normal rounds during that time. There was also no refuge server. If people ended up going to the usually lowpop Basil to play a normal round, the mischief would quickly follow them there aswell.

The server was also always loaded up with an April Fool's branch of code (this was before testmerging), that contained all sorts of hilariously dumb features just for the occasion.

My favorite one ever, was the year we had the MLP ponies as a roundstart race (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/16343). Naturally there ended up being a constant state of war, with humans trying to purge ponies, but ponies countering by infecting humans with the "Friendship" reagent to transform them into more ponies. (I think I also gave the HOP a pulse carbine that year for good measure.)

Those were some fun times.

(Also, does anyone remember that Sandbox round where Tunderchief crashed the server and HG permaed them once and for all? That was pretty memorable too IMO.)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #519905

Half of my friends quit after april fools and the other half didn't come back to bagil
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #519907

Bawhoppennn wrote:My favorite one ever, was the year we had the MLP ponies as a roundstart race (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/16343). Naturally there ended up being a constant state of war, with humans trying to purge ponies, but ponies countering by infecting humans with the "Friendship" reagent to transform them into more ponies. (I think I also gave the HOP a pulse carbine that year for good measure.)
I agree
I also added triple-bladed eswords for it (would kill you if you opened them) and resprited juggernauts into the kool-aid man
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #520012

Bawhoppennn wrote:While April Fool's Day shenanigans have largely (and sadly) been reigned in through these the past few years, they're definitely worthy of mention.

For anyone who doesn't remember them, prior to 2017 or so, during the 2-3 days after the start of April Fool's Day, playing on the server was essentially holocaust-tier. Admins pressed every button they could see. Bombs were dropped just for laughs. There were no normal rounds during that time. There was also no refuge server. If people ended up going to the usually lowpop Basil to play a normal round, the mischief would quickly follow them there aswell.

The server was also always loaded up with an April Fool's branch of code (this was before testmerging), that contained all sorts of hilariously dumb features just for the occasion.

My favorite one ever, was the year we had the MLP ponies as a roundstart race (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/16343). Naturally there ended up being a constant state of war, with humans trying to purge ponies, but ponies countering by infecting humans with the "Friendship" reagent to transform them into more ponies. (I think I also gave the HOP a pulse carbine that year for good measure.)

(Also, does anyone remember that Sandbox round where Tunderchief crashed the server and HG permaed them once and for all? That was pretty memorable too IMO.)
I've tried my best to continue the tradition but was shut down hard by nervere last year

I vow to overcome and deliver an april fools that makes you wish you'd never installed BYOND

I'm gonna make you people have to explain what SS13 is to your fucking therapists
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #520014

Stickymayhem wrote:I've tried my best to continue the tradition but was shut down hard by nervere last year

I vow to overcome and deliver an april fools that makes you wish you'd never installed BYOND

I'm gonna make you people have to explain what SS13 is to your fucking therapists
All normal shoes behave like clown shoes. Clown shoes increase speed.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #520051

Stickymayhem wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:While April Fool's Day shenanigans have largely (and sadly) been reigned in through these the past few years, they're definitely worthy of mention.

I've tried my best to continue the tradition but was shut down hard by nervere last year

was last year the one where the headmins shut down the servers so they could jack off into the mic on discord and pinged everybody to come listen? most blatant attention whoring ive ever seen, it was honestly lame as fuck
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ayebee123
Byond Username: Ayebee123

Post by Ayebee123 » #520275

PKPenguin321 wrote: was last year the one where the headmins shut down the servers so they could jack off into the mic on discord and pinged everybody to come listen? most blatant attention whoring ive ever seen, it was honestly lame as fuck
i really hope this is a joke, and if it isn't i'm glad i don't remember this
[insert funny stuff here]

i play the guy who's scared of bees and the dark, also known as Abe Merc.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #520281

nah that happened
► Show Spoiler
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #520486

-snip-
OH yeah! Those were great! Mainly the april merges. I remember one when someone had taken the cooldown to any melee item down to as fast as you could click. Fire extinguishers and getting in close was the deadliest thing known to spacepeeps.

Or the time "Teh Terbs" was unbanned for April fools and given admin powers. IIRC they made every background tile their avatar (amongst other bizarre stuff)
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Ayebee123
Byond Username: Ayebee123

Post by Ayebee123 » #520517

man that's just really fucking lame, "yes i touch pp it funny april fool"
[insert funny stuff here]

i play the guy who's scared of bees and the dark, also known as Abe Merc.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #520537

The 10 hour marathon shift was some shit, along with pretty much any time any admin accidentally hit BOOM BOOM SHAKE THE ROOM.

I did one ages ago where I warned the crew that war ops were coming and set Delta for five minutes, about a minute before it finished I hit the fake nuke button and cancelled the explosion. The crew was pissed.

Then the war ops showed up.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #520549

I remember sticky's 24/7 or until it breaks marathon round that just lasted for 2.5 hours in the end
like 20 people got banned for metagaming because they teamed up with haku the round prior in OOC and made a discord call or a notepad or something like that
they then game themselves all access to each other, got mats, the white ship and stuff and got banned, leaving all their toys to me and 2 other moths who were gonna iron man the challenge
man, those were good times
also haku then evaded his ban even though it got reduced to a week or a month (something like that)
then got unbanned 6 months later anyway
the marathon round was rescheduled for another date, then rescheduled again and again until I gave up waiting for it, it did finally happen again, I think, but I couldn't take part in it