Cobbychem: A Separate Thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Cobbychem: A Separate Thread

Post by Timonk » #522745

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why do we need side effects that kick any positive effects to the curb
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #522752

Organ damage should be healed nigh-exclusively through surgery.

I might could be sold on a corazone-like reagent though.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #522753

As for blood loss, players really need to police this by getting butthurt at people not using lockers/beds/etc. Pulling is already a negative with the slow, shouldn't be too hard.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #522794

So, you need surgery to heal this then you need this med to heal toxin then you need that med to heal eye damage then you need that other med for brute then you need another med for burn...

Why do we need an endless cycle of pill chugging and infusions
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

LifeReign
Byond Username: LifeReign

Post by LifeReign » #522802

Since it seems like there's a bit of a desire to increase cooperation between botany and medbay, why not give botanists access to the medical comm channel to give the crew the impression that the departments are supposed to work together? A good botanist should already know how to produce medicine, and the job title does convey a sense of education (Botanist as opposed to gardener). Then all you need to do is give chemistry something that botany wants late-game (How about a single-use chem that makes a planted seed mature faster/instantly? Or maybe lock a specific trait behind a chem?) and then you can put late-game medical stuff behind botany plants.

Basic round progression could look like: Botany gets starter mutagen/saltpetre to start ramping up hydro production from chemistry-> Botany brings plant-locked chems to chemistry to receive advanced botany chems -> Round ends because of some shitter.

Right now, the worst part of botany is the time to ramp up, since rounds can be horrifically short. There's a lot of goodies that botany can make for chemistry, but not much that chemistry can do for botany beyond the initial crucial ramp-up period. Also, mass-production of rarer chems generally requires a minimum of two maturation periods, which can last for up to 8 minutes each: the first one to acquire the plant and wait for it to bloom, and the second wait period for the modified plant to be ready for harvest (which can't necessarily be lowered by extraction to a faster maturing plant). 16 minutes is a long time, easily half the length of a round, and you don't really want the chems to be ready as the shuttle is arriving. The only issue would be making it so that botanists can't easily make it themselves, so maybe this would have to wait until a more advanced chem-creation process is introduced.
Bagil- Eats-Shoots-and-Leaves: Probably the botanist
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #522815

i think libtard/ yuri organ damage should be upped a bit i never had seen any organ damage effect from those
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #522967

Organ damge is a problem when resucitating, because a damaged heart can cause problems with defibrillation,
and a lot of methods of healing are closed to you if the person is dead, forcing you to send them to cloning because
you're out of hearts for replacements (plus replacing takes forever, imagine doing taht with 3-4 organs, cloning is faster at that point).
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #522977

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:i think libtard/ yuri organ damage should be upped a bit i never had seen any organ damage effect from those
Agree, they were massivley overbuffed, especially libital.

Libital is WAY stronger than bicardine ever was.

As for the corpse decay issue i have a potential solution i am going to PR, even though i think we have the tools to solve the issue already(mainly SR).
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #523066

Kryson wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:i think libtard/ yuri organ damage should be upped a bit i never had seen any organ damage effect from those

As for the corpse decay issue i have a potential solution i am going to PR, even though i think we have the tools to solve the issue already(mainly SR).
For reference, 5 units of Libital heals 75 brute damage while doing around 7 liver damage. 5 units of Aiuri heals 50 units of burn damage and does around 6 eye damage.

Nerfing Libital healing to 2 brute a tick would be better, making it heal 50 damage with 5 units.

Both Aiuri and Libital should do around .4 organ damage a tick, which makes 5 units deal a flat 10 organ damage.

This would make fully healing someone from crit cause 20 organ damage, which is a non-trivial amount but not too much to cause mass organ failure from everyday healing.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #523069

Kryson wrote:Libital is WAY stronger than bicardine ever was.
This is just completely false. Neither lizardchems or cobbychems have ever been anywhere near as strong as trekchems were for massive amounts of risk-free healing.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #523073

deedubya wrote:
This is just completely false. Neither lizardchems or cobbychems have ever been anywhere near as strong as trekchems were for massive amounts of risk-free healing.
Why are people even mentioning bicardine? Bicardine was useless while styptic was in the game. INSTANT, LIMITLESS healing.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #523526

deedubya wrote:
trekchems were shit but they were also risk-free so they were stupidly strong.

stypic was just god all around. bicard was just an addon to make this thing more stupid.

to go full moba: the healing/risk ratio of lib is high enough to say that it's better than bicard in instances where you need to be healed to counter burst damage w followup / sustained, and bicard is better in instances where burst was applied but it's useless now and you know the fight is over.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #523527

Kryson wrote:

yes I should reamp the organ damage.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #523595

As it is, organ damage serves as a deterrent: If you want to use the easy heal chems, you risk your heart damage making
your resucitation much mroe difficult. And if cloning is removed; it may make your resucitation impossible.

it may also give people an incentive to save hearts and other organs for surgeries.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #523596

I'm quitting tg if cloning gets removed
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #523598

now you have to remove it
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #523619

deedubya wrote:
bicaridine: 5 brute per unit
libital: 15 brute per unit, also heals 50% faster and the amount liver damage is rarely relevant.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #523760

Feedback: Please..let CPR fight off organ decay. Surgery isn't cutting it, and it's feeling like baymed when rounds only last for an hour.

End Feedback. Enter rant.

T. I spent an entire shift in medbay getting healed and dying to organ damage.

To preface this, I was killed by a tc trade to be a sentient space shark and dragged out into space. I was in space and dead for roughly 8 minutes before a borg found me and took me to medbay.

The CMO then puts me on the stasis bed and tries to patch me up with my clothes on. (yikes) They do this for a while, and then try to defib me. Failure, heart damage. They continue patching me up again, try to defib. Failure heart damage. One more time, Heart damage.

A noobie traitor comes in and attacks them with a survival knife. The CMO harm telescopic batons them, the traitor goes down into crit as sec watches.

CMO heals up with a medikit, comes back a few minutes later.

They take me off the stasis bed because that clearly wasn't working. They joke about how they wish a cloner existed and put me on the surgery table.

They take my heart out, realize they don't have a spare. Run down to science and beg them to research Robo organs. 3 minutes later they do it.

Very soon they realize. from all the dying, I'm a total mess. Eyes are decayed my body is blood dry, the appendix is inflamed, the heart is also decayed, liver decayed. Basically I'm a patchwork puzzle.

They get the Robo heart, replace it. Defib me. I instantly die. Put me back on the stasis bed. Defib, and give me a shitload of oxygen medicine.

Put me back onto the surgical table as I go to yellow. Go back to red, and now they're giving me CPR to continue the surgery. The heart helps out a bit, then they get my liver, then remove my appendix. replace my eyes and ears.

It's all good, but it took 42 minutes of me going in and out of crit, being dead and suffering.

In the end. I wasted 42 minutes, but I gained not dying due to accidentally stepping into lava a bit later into the round. Thank you cybernetic heart epi-pen.

Sorry cobby. But ur medbay needs 2 be faster if you want it to be a good alternative to the cloner. Because 38 pop Sybil was too chaotic for this mess!1!!

Round ID for proof: 123558
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #523853

This thread has gone on long enough, make a new one