Suggestions from other games

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Suggestions from other games

Post by Jalleo » #523

I think we have all been there so how about we actually start referencing what games we liked certaim mechanics about and why they should be put in our game. It at least can give us a feel of how something should end up when finished and give us a expanded horizon.

Ill start Vicky 2 economy system so all the servers are trading with each other and driving up and down the prices in the station while having some sort of minimum and maximum set by large companies and groups accepted to exist in game.

Just imagine the sort of events cargo can go through when the ecomony of a certain country collapses.
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Re: Suggestions from other games

Post by TheTerbs » #524

Kind of like chrome hounds, every month you choose one of 3 factions
you're gonna carry that weight
Numbers

Post by Numbers » #528

Ill start Vicky 2 economy system so all the servers are trading with each other and driving up and down the prices in the station while having some sort of minimum and maximum set by large companies and groups accepted to exist in game.
Vicky 2 is a bad example. Vicky 2 economy code is a one-man written clusterfuck where the original guy that coded it left the company with undocumented code.

On the other hand that kind of sums up most features of SS13.
"I've told you about Erro, I've warned you dwag." - Unknown
ImageImageImage
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #529

Numbers wrote:
Vicky 2 is a bad example. Vicky 2 economy code is a one-man written clusterfuck where the original guy that coded it left the company with undocumented code.

Yeah thats true but I gave it only for a reference of some sort of complex economy.
Rolan7
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 » #2558

Ship-vs-ship combat like in FTL, though that'd be a considerable undertaking and wouldn't fit well in normal rounds.
The EMPEROR OF MANKIND wants YOU to squash bugs. They are symptoms of CHAOS.
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill » #2641

Numbers wrote: [...] one-man written clusterfuck where the original guy that coded it left the company with undocumented code.
Yeah that's pretty much our standard dev plan
Rolan7 wrote:Ship-vs-ship combat like in FTL, though that'd be a considerable undertaking and wouldn't fit well in normal rounds.
RIP whoever tries to implement this. I did some looking into it a while ago since I'm a huge fan of ship-to-ship combat and strange mechanics.
Long story short: BYOND's map system is total crap, and you'd have to use some of the hackiest code imaginable and reinvent some wheels (e.g. the turf system)
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #2642

pokemon battles
you're gonna carry that weight
QuantumDelpha

Post by QuantumDelpha » #2853

TheTerbs wrote:pokemon battles
only if pun pun has infinite stats/damage/health, in reference to what his name is a reference to

EDIT: and make anyone with a full clown mask/jumpsuit/shoes/id count as a viable pokemon to catch and train and fight
because clowns arent human beings
This dog has ringworms, hookworms, tapeworms, roundworms, rabies, ticks, fleas, cataracts, brain tumors, prostate cancer, testicular tumors, ovarian cancer, coprophagia, diabetes, various mental illnesses, along with a laundry list of other issues so long that Santa can't even check once.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/card/1/76561198012600559.png[/img]
But god damn he is the best pet you can get for .99 cents.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #2905

Both of the above are not in the right thread.
Sadly, I can not find the bad idea thread.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.