Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: On felinids

Post by MisterPerson » #524312

Bottom post of the previous page:

oranges wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:
oranges wrote:-snip-
The moral of this story is referendums are bad. So why are we having another one?
the issue was never settled the first time, too close to call, the hope was that after 1 year everyone would have settled the fuck down and we could have a sensible outcome
Settling this via referendum is impossible. Like if readding felinids wins 51%-49%, that's close enough that the removal people are gonna whine and complain because they think they still have a shot at getting their way. And vice versa if removal wins by a narrow margin. The only "sensible" outcome possible is an overwhelming victory that forces the opposition to concede the issue as not worth the effort to change and move on to something else.

The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story". At this point I would literally rather have "my" side lose this way rather than relitigate this bullshit constantly.
Mickyan wrote:More controversial than brexit
I wasn't gonna say it but since you already have, I suggest everyone draw the parallels here.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #524313

The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #524359

Grazyn wrote:The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.
From what I gather, the official story is that the coders wanted to remove them but the admins filibustered somehow (even though that's not possible for any other feature). Correct me if I'm wrong.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #524389

MisterPerson wrote:The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story". At this point I would literally rather have "my" side lose this way rather than relitigate this bullshit constantly.
The issue is going to continue coming up as long as they're still in the game in any capacity.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #524394

Timonk wrote:Removing felinids isn't gonna drive away the people playing them, yknow.
False, but they aren't gonna lose anyway. Too many ssethtiders want their cat slot for it to lose at this point.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524404

The wonderful thing is people always over estimate cat support so that it’ll really burn when they get disabled.
[this space reserved]
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #524412

Sandshark808 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.
From what I gather, the official story is that the coders wanted to remove them but the admins filibustered somehow (even though that's not possible for any other feature). Correct me if I'm wrong.
Because you said coders, not maintainers. We don't care nearly as much as the proponents do and in fact got so tired of it made a rule that you have to talk to us before even making species-interaction changes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #524480

MisterPerson wrote:The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story".
Well I would have loved to have done it that way mrP, but I didn't have that option
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #524482

oranges wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:The correct way to solve this issue is to pick an option and say "this is what we're doing, end of story".
Well I would have loved to have done it that way mrP, but I didn't have that option
More like Mr PP
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #524619

Oh man I feel like a veteran now having experienced this first hand.

good times...

When is the vote?
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #524644

delaron wrote:Oh man I feel like a veteran now having experienced this first hand.

good times...

When is the vote?
Literally now. You have to log into byond and vote in the client.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #524652

I find it amusing people give so much of a shit still.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #524685

i voted a few days ago that they should be a roundstart race again thinking the furry panic thing was idiotic and overblown but this thread makes me think i was wrong
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #524699

a finger on the monkey's paw curls as felinids are removed to make way for fox-people
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #524701

cacogen wrote:i voted a few days ago that they should be a roundstart race again thinking the furry panic thing was idiotic and overblown but this thread makes me think i was wrong
Ah the good old "I was totally in favour of this thing but the people who are in favour of this thing annoy me so much I'm voting against it out of spite"

Ruining political discourse since forever
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #524749

OP just made me realise there's a kernel of truth to the superstition about the type of player and the type of character the "cute" furry races attract
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524754

cacogen wrote:OP just made me realise there's a kernel of truth to the superstition about the type of player and the type of character the "cute" furry races attract
I call kat green to the stand to support this
[this space reserved]
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #524770

funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #524782

This is why we need an autocrat
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #524797

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

source: am in one of the two supposed felinid metagangs. Its dead and never metaganged in the first place. Other one is also basically dead and also basically never did metaganging.
This.

There is a mixed race "metagang" on terry. Basically me, Edgar, Thomas, Talia, Otto and maybe lepi, sheria or Johnny. We basically only team up against antags or as antags and also it's not really metaganging since I don't have any of them as friends out of ss13. We're just a couple dudes and gals playing ss13 and we like helping each other out
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524798

Critawakets wrote:funny that people are always "what about the cat metagang" when even moths have more metaganging than felinids

ok metaganger
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524847

Im progressive I’ve hated moths for months
[this space reserved]
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #524848

metganganger wrote:metaganger here, metagangs arent real.
*snore* anyone getting sleepy in this thread? lets all go to bed, nothing is happening
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #524849

I think remove is going to win sadly.

I will have to make a lizard or something.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #524851

Wtf I never got an invitation
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #524856

Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is why we need an autocat
I agree
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #524966

there's a mothgirl discord now??
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #524974

PKPenguin321 wrote:

>girl

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #525081

deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

>girl
if moths have a worse metaclique than the catgirl discord, i at least expect a mothgirl discord.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #525083

There's also that lovely plasmameme metaclub full of people who like running around the station irradiating everything in their path.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #525104

PKPenguin321 wrote:
deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

>girl
if moths have a worse metaclique than the catgirl discord, i at least expect a mothgirl discord.
>implying the moths aren't all male

Spoiler: