Boxstation General Feedback

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Re: Boxstation General Feedback

Post by allura » #44726

Bottom post of the previous page:

attention: boxstation's windows are probably all being turned into full tile ones. prepare to hate everything
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #44768

allura wrote:attention: boxstation's windows are probably all being turned into full tile ones. prepare to hate everything
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #44773

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #44900

Intigracy wrote:
Random Players wrote:-snip-
You'd have to manually replace all the wires by hand since every direction is still the same path.
There is a replace function, done by selection the whole map and then right click > find/replace in selection, but it doesn't work for wires because of the path issue, it makes them all half wires.

I'll see what I can do when there's not a map edit up that edits a majority of the map (paprika's side tiles becoming full tiles PR would conflict if I did it right now).
It'd be very easy to do with notepad++'s replace function, just change the path names.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #45862

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spacezenegger

Post by Spacezenegger » #46072

Could we make it so the fire alarm lights(?) don't appear on the exterior of whatever department/area they're covering. That way you wouldn't automatically know you have to avoid a certain area unless someone on the station told you to. For example, the outside of Science where the main hallway is. You wouldn't be able to know if that area is dangerous or not until you check yourself, you wouldn't see big flashing red lights until you entered the area.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #46081

What I'd really like to see is a separation of the HoP's office and the ID computer window.

The intention is to let the other heads of staff use the computer to make their own access adjustments (All heads can do this now) in a convenient location.

And the HoP gets to keep a private office.

Please just make it look nice and not like Malkevin's hack <3
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #46083

Isn't that what the Bridge's ID Console is for?
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #46084

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #46086

Thanks Inti <3
Steelpoint wrote:Isn't that what the Bridge's ID Console is for?
- The convenience of the line and window
- It would help towards actually letting the heads know they actually have the ability to change IDs.
- Fewer HoPs leaving spare IDs in the computer like a skrub
- Stealing spare IDs from shitty HoPs
- Robusting the shitty HoP that gave the rainbow tide access to your department.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #46089

Ikarrus wrote:Thanks Inti <3
Steelpoint wrote:Isn't that what the Bridge's ID Console is for?
- The convenience of the line and window
- It would help towards actually letting the heads know they actually have the ability to change IDs.
- Fewer HoPs leaving spare IDs in the computer like a skrub
- Stealing spare IDs from shitty HoPs
- Robusting the shitty HoP that gave the rainbow tide access to your department.
You can also consider giving ID Consoles to each head's office and a table + R-windoor for transferring IDs as well. Few heads know about this ability, but it will become much more apparent if each head has their own console. I have had success with this as RD by building my own, but the CMO and HoS do not have this luxury. The bridge is far too out of the way and inconvenient for this. There is no easy way to transfer IDs between parties (you either let them into the bridge or make them wait outside) either.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #46249

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #46343

It's good. I'd approve it.

But I think it could be even better if the rooms were flipped so the Administration Room (That's what I'll be calling it) is on top while the HoP's office is on the bottom. I understand it's a lot more work, but this way we'd have the opportunity to better balance the use of space between the rooms.

I think it's also important that the HoP be able to notice anyone walking up to the admin window from his desk. It looks like this would be difficult to do with the HoP office wedged in between the other two rooms.

I also don't think the HoP really needs a security camera console. It's not really an essential part of his job, plus there's already one in the next room over on the bridge.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #46355

Placing a R-Window + Electrified Grille (With a shutter) where the Requests Console is would allow the HoP to see what's going on in the Admin Room.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #46426

This does mean your essentially removing 90% of the HoP's job role and by saying the admin room is for all to use its going to cause a few IC arguments. (e.g. GET OUT MY OFFICE! ITS NOT YOUR OFFICE!).

I would side more with the idea of giving heads an ID console in their offices. It would make a lot more sense and be easier to demote people without having to drag them all the way to the bridge.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #46443

If you add this Admin room with the idea that it does not belong to the HoP (have fun convincing the players of that!), you will need to move Ian out of it.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #46456

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #46460

You could at least stem the horrible outbreak of all access by controlling the ID computer locations.

Having 4 extra consoles around the station seems excessive to me.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #48471

When you guys changed box's mining asteroid over to meta's mining asteroid the mining crew monitor console was removed/not put in the medical bay of the mining station. (unless it was intentionally removed for some dumb reason) It would make a huge difference if someone could add that back.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #52379

One problem I've seen when babysitting in the Warden's role is that you have very limited visibility of any prisoners in your brig, so I've taken a crack at altering the brigs layout to give the Warden a better view of everything down below.

Here's a work in progress image.
Spoiler:
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #52396

Bretty gud honestly, but might be [shitcurity intensifies] if people can't see who's being brigged at the front of security.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #52408

Would be terrifying to sit in your office with prisoners all around you, just waiting to break through their windows and run you over.

Also big thing with current brig cells is that people without brig access can see who are brigged.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #52657

That new office is huge.

But I like that people no longer know who's brigged. Security isn't a police force, they're privately contracted. The concept of someone 'vanishing' into the brig wherein their fate remains unknown is fantastic and I think adds a good deal to Security's intimidation factor. After all, nobody will be able to hear you scream from outside the brig in the new layout.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #52728

Cecily wrote:The concept of someone 'vanishing' into the brig wherein their fate remains unknown is fantastic and I think adds a good deal to Security's intimidation factor. After all, nobody will be able to hear you scream from outside the brig in the new layout.
This, I never liked the fact the cells were only a single r-window away from being out of captivity. Because you can still see out of the brig, it feels like a timeout room rather than a jail cell.

Conversely, if you've ever been brigged in the cell without windows you would know how different it feels.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #52729

I'll work on the design and post a more detailed/fleshed out image.

My main concern it that it might make the lower brig too large, you can already see the Warden' Office is quite large yet lacks many areas to put his equipment that is not next to a glass window.

However the benefit of this is the addition of a Brig Medbay.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #52735

Reimoo wrote:it feels like a timeout room rather than a jail cell.
That's basically what it is.

THEFT AND ASSAULT? THATS FIVE MINUTES IN THE CORNER, MISTER! THEN TO YOUR ROOM.

BUT.. BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM... HE HIT ME FIRST.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #59036

Theres a heater and freezer stacked here next to the telescience room.

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #59037

Reimoo wrote:
Cecily wrote:The concept of someone 'vanishing' into the brig wherein their fate remains unknown is fantastic and I think adds a good deal to Security's intimidation factor. After all, nobody will be able to hear you scream from outside the brig in the new layout.
This, I never liked the fact the cells were only a single r-window away from being out of captivity. Because you can still see out of the brig, it feels like a timeout room rather than a jail cell.

Conversely, if you've ever been brigged in the cell without windows you would know how different it feels.
It would also stop the greytide. Given that generally the only people who physically break people out of the brig is because of the "lols" rather than for awesome prison break RPing that you'd want to expect.

It be nice if the warden could activate a flash in the cells FROM the office though. To stop anyone who would trying to be break through into the office.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #59087

Wardens can really easily close the blast doors on the cell windows which are completely indestructible.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #62705

How about creater one "big" server room which combines AI Chamber,Telecomms and Server Room.

Edit: Also, the "old" incinerator doors still say Incinerator while there isn't one anymore.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #63566

As a HoS who gets a little too much joy out of torturing prisoners, I'd like to thank the mappers for the beautiful new "prisoner transfer" room. Surgical tools, anesthetic, and a gas chamber all in one! On a related note, I think it's a little silly that you need captain access for the vent button. If they're worried about unauthorized executions, the HoS already has 50 different ways to execute prisoners without the room.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #63585

I actually dislike the readdition of the gas chamber, its very inefficient, slow and clunky to use.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #63600

shut up
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #63635

Steelpoint wrote:I actually dislike the readdition of the gas chamber, its very inefficient, slow and clunky to use.
So is smashing the bottle of booze over your victim's head and setting them on fire in the courthouse while an audience watches, but I don't give a shit about that. True sadism takes patience.
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #63712

Luke Cox wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:I actually dislike the readdition of the gas chamber, its very inefficient, slow and clunky to use.
So is smashing the bottle of booze over your victim's head and setting them on fire in the courthouse while an audience watches, but I don't give a shit about that. True sadism takes patience.
True sadism is flooding the room with plasma while you put a lit cigeratte in their mouth. Forced suicide was never so much fun.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #63765

Phalanx300 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
True sadism is flooding the room with plasma while you put a lit cigeratte in their mouth. Forced suicide was never so much fun.
A traitor Scientist killed me in the testing lab while I was RD using a similar method...
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #79534

As an AI you can't interact with "Telecoms Control Room Air Alarm", is that intentional?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #79573

No. Several machines are bugged for the AI. It is a part of the code that prevents an AI interacting with things it cannot see on camera.
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #79621

Gun Hog wrote:No. Several machines are bugged for the AI. It is a part of the code that prevents an AI interacting with things it cannot see on camera.
Ah that would explain it. Also can't interact with overload circuit in certain areas like Gravity Generator for example.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #79638

Phalanx300 wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:No. Several machines are bugged for the AI. It is a part of the code that prevents an AI interacting with things it cannot see on camera.
Ah that would explain it. Also can't interact with overload circuit in certain areas like Gravity Generator for example.
Several machines are sadly that way. the camera nerf works in most places, but bugs out in situations like that, you just have to bear with it. I have no clue how to fix it.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #81260

Courtroom needs a hammer and gavel. I had to pray for them the last time I tried to host a trial.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #82657

<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #83014

I think the armory window that leads to the equipment room should be replaced with a bolted airlock with officer level access and the only way to unbolt it is via a warden level access button inside the armory.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #83113

Reimoo wrote:I think the armory window that leads to the equipment room should be replaced with a bolted airlock with officer level access and the only way to unbolt it is via a warden level access button inside the armory.
We could just have Bay armory with blast doors to the locker room that can be opened by the Warden/HoS from the inside
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #83231

one of the double science lobby airlocks can't be seen by the AI, which is kind of annoying when door requests for that door happen. I don't think it's an intentional camera blindspot.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #86949

Whoever redesigned mining forgot to change the loading machine directions. Its currently input_dir 4 and output_dir 8, which means it just wont work since its trying to pull from a wall and push into another wall.

Needs to be input 1 and output 2

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86959

Uh, those things are out of use. And have been out of use in, like, forever.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #86961

Being rarely used is no excuse for having it be broken.
RocKeD
Byond Username: Rocked

Post by RocKeD » #86975

Saegrimr wrote:Being rarely used is no excuse for having it be broken.
That's well said.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #87023

I would say mech ballistics are inclined to disagree, but no more.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #87026

That sounds like a topic for another thread.

To elaborate, if something is meant to not be used, removing it is the best option. Not keeping it around unable to be used. I wouldn't be against just removing the unloading machine entirely since its only purpose is to pull ores out of ore crates, something i'm fairly sure the smelter does already. However this is a simple var fix.