Epic TC item for Medbay memers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Epic TC item for Medbay memers

Post by OFQ » #527083

To make medic/chem tators more spicy and get em more RP stuff to do how about adding a role specific uplink goody that is an organ (or parasite) that you implant in yourself (or someone else, like a brain dead clone that will serve as a, well, COW) this organ will produce unique(for the person) pheromone that can be added to a drug to make it much more potent and much more addictive and maybe even have some unique symptoms of withdrawal. Best part is that to satisfy your "needs" for the infused drug you gonna have to use the drug with the same unique pheromone, effectively making you into a slave of that tator.

The organ also can have some drawbacks. For example instead of producing the pheromone it will convert drugs in your blood stream into this new more addictive and "trademarked" versions. It'll mean that you gonna have to manage your addiction and also gonna be more easily discovered.

one of the symptoms should be a message that hints to what is going on like "Ahh shit, I need more of this Dr. Honkerton's stuff like right now!"
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Re: Epic TC item for Medbay memers

Post by HommandoSA » #527084

Sounds like a good way to get tied up, kidnapped, then strapped to a bed while the whole crew drinks your blood.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #527085

A neat idea but probably not meant for our playerbase. Since non-antags won't be allowed to just go murder* "because their drug dealer told them to", the result is that people will just lynch the tot even if it means they eventually die to an addiction withdraw. Validhunting beats self-preservation 'round here.

*And if we didn't enforce this rule, people would just allow themselves to be slaves for the free antag.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #527087

*And if we didn't enforce this rule, people would just allow themselves to be slaves for the free antag
I think it is the same as with the intimidation case. For example, if you work in robo or xenobio with an antag and he/she say to you "If you won't help me I will kill you" it provides you with an excuse to do antag things except murderboning and other severe stuff.

I guess you can get a warning with an explanation of what you can and can't do when you get addicted, like with silicons.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #527088

zxaber wrote:A neat idea but probably not meant for our playerbase. Since non-antags won't be allowed to just go murder* "because their drug dealer told them to", the result is that people will just lynch the tot even if it means they eventually die to an addiction withdraw. Validhunting beats self-preservation 'round here.
Yeah it's a more RP/meme stuff than power gaming item. Like clown car. I don't think it's a bad thing. Sometimes you gonna just die to a graytide but sometimes people will play along and it can become something memorable.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #527089

HommandoSA wrote:Sounds like a good way to get tied up, kidnapped, then strapped to a bed while the whole crew drinks your blood.
Welp if the organ gonna be activatable (like some implants) and it will die if removed, the crew also gonna robust you repeatedly to encourage lactation.
Spoiler:
This is some vore station shit :?
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #527093

the result is that people will just lynch the tot even if it means they eventually die to an addiction withdraw.
Actually now that I think about It. You can be more sneaky with this. You can find someone reliable and make the dude addicted. Like HOP, some experienced shitsec or even better - clown. He/she gonna be your drug mule. This way you won't expose yourself to the graytide directly. Or you can drop the drugs in random places with some creative instructions how to get more. For example "drop hand tele into the box in this maint and leave. When you done, new butch of drugs will wait you in that other location."