clown shoes waddle balancing

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

clown shoes waddle balancing

Post by OFQ » #527086

I like my clown shoes to waddle and squeak as much as any other self respecting clown. But I think there should be a reason to have this mode on since it slows you down and makes sneaky pranks harder. So what if while waddle mode is one the shoes will provide tiny but really fun (for pranking) buff. Like, for example, clown won't brake glass bulbs and trigger land mines while the waddling is on. It might require walking instead of running for the sake of balancing. As a bonus it will add sinister spin on clown sloppiness making them into drunken waddle masters.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: clown shoes waddle balancing

Post by Farquaar » #527097

Like the clown who wears them, clown shoes are supposed to be clumsy and unwieldy. It's funnier this way. It also makes it doubly-fun when somebody gets pranked/robusted by the clown.
► Show Spoiler
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #527493

Not everything needs esports tier balancing, clowns are supposed to be inept and awful
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #527527

The only thing I dislike about the slow ass clown shoes is the massive slowdown enabling greyshitter shoe thieves to grief a clown's moodlets for no reason. Perhaps make them take longer to remove?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #527834

The powergamer move is to turn the waddling off. Thus the best solution would be to remove the ability to turn the waddling off. What kind of self respecting clown wouldn't waddle?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #527844

Forcing clowns to waddle is retarded
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #527903

is there a reason clown shoes need to slow down other than haha punishment role or is it some gotcha to favor rp (slower = rp)
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #527910

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:is there a reason clown shoes need to slow down other than haha punishment role or is it some gotcha to favor rp (slower = rp)
Most everything about clowns is haha punishment, yeah. Personally I would get rid of the slowdown.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #527913

It's about being so pitiful that HOP gonna give you AA
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #528283

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:is there a reason clown shoes need to slow down other than haha punishment role or is it some gotcha to favor rp (slower = rp)
are newer players even familiar with the concept of a punishment role? i remember borgs supposedly were meant to be this when introduced (before my time) but i've never found them to be punishing (or at least not after door hotkeys were given to them). it was a dumb spiteful idea from back when the code was safeguarded by a brotherhood of monks with autism
OFQ wrote:It's about being so pitiful that HOP gonna give you AA
i'd tend to see giving the clown aa as one of my most important duties when i used to play hop a lot behind giving them the disk
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: