make wheelchairs faster

A place to record your ideas for the game.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

make wheelchairs faster

Post by cacogen » #528267

so playing as professor x is more viable instead of something you try once and then never again
i think people's issue with this suggestion would be a lack of trust that if it's implemented the person won't be dumb enough to make the slowdown no longer a real drawback (or that they secretly want that)

if you accept that obviously normal speed is wrong and that it's too slow now to be playable as anything but a one round gimmick (if you disagree and it's based on experience say) then there's an ideal speed between those two points to figure out

i'm turning the quirk off and moving onto something else but i'd be interested to know what people think (and will probably not be PRing this even if people's responses aren't negative)
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Re: make wheelchairs faster

Post by skoglol » #528329

There are already motorized wheelchairs, just make one.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #528339

skoglol wrote:There are already motorized wheelchairs, just make one.
highest tier wheelchair burns through 40mw power cell in 2 minutes
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #528360

skoglol wrote:There are already motorized wheelchairs, just make one.
i was vaguely aware this existed writing that but wasn't sure i hadn't imagined it. i'll try it
NSFW:

deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #528402

Motorized wheelchair isn't currently a viable alternative. It drains power incredibly fast. When it runs out of power, you can't move it at all when mounted to it. Finally, the most damning part: It acts like the skateboard. Ergo, you run into something/someone with the motorized chair? You smash into them and fall out.

That being said, being paraplegic is supposed to be a huge detriment. Although, wheelchairs still move faster than most golems, so I don't know where the complaint lies here.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #528404

just don't be paraplegic
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #528733

>being paraplegic is supposed to be a huge detriment
I thought I covered this in the OP. It's so slow you can't play a wheelchaired character with any regularity because of how much the movespeed sucks. And on top of the speed, the other huge drawback is the fact anyone can unbuckle you at any time, leaving you dragging yourself along the floor.

>wheelchairs still move faster than most golems
is that actually true? Because it certainly doesn't feel like it. i was thinking of making them go closer to running speed with the disadvantage being that stamina drains a lot faster because wheeling is a lot more fatiguing than walking (or running, in our case).
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #528734

oranges wrote:just don't be paraplegic
Exactly.
NSFW:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #529490

I'm serious, just dont, it's very rare to become a paraplegic in game normally, don't pick the trait unless you're willing to suffer it's consequences.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #529492

There's no reason in terms of balance or lore/realism/logic/whatever for it to be as slow as it is. "Don't use this piece of content, it sucks, and we won't make it better" is dumb. As I said, the other major drawback is being unbuckled and it would make more sense if wheelchairs just increased hunger faster because it's more fatiguing to wheel than run.
NSFW:

Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #529505

Motorized wheelchair power drain could be looked at because I have a suspicion that they drain power faster than a 12 foot tall combat mech. For the non motorized ones, they could always be balanced around stamina or hunger as cacogen said.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #529509

Denton wrote:Motorized wheelchair power drain could be looked at because I have a suspicion that they drain power faster than a 12 foot tall combat mech. For the non motorized ones, they could always be balanced around stamina or hunger as cacogen said.
yeah it drains more power than a 10k man modern fucking city does per month, in a hour of moving at normal running speed.

power is generally very fucked tho.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #529537

Last night I saw a dude become paraplegic from getting crushed by a vending machine
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #529644

Don't use this piece of content, it sucks, and we won't make it better
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #529774

oranges wrote:Don't use this piece of content, it sucks, and we won't make it better
Pretty much on its last legs
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter