Winter Ball 2019: The most wonderful time of the year...

General SS13 Chat
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Winter Ball 2019: The most wonderful time of the year...

Post by CitrusGender » #528443

[center]It's beginning to look a lot like Robustmas
Everywhere you go
Take a look at that mime and clown, they're griefing once again
With horns and toolboxes that glow[/center][/i][/color]

Hello! I'm happy to announce that I we will be continuing the honored tradition with the 3rd official /tg/ Winter ball! We've come such a far way since we did the original one, I'm so happy to see that the event has garnered such a wide following and I'm hopeful we can do the same this year!

What is the Winter Ball
The Ball Roleplay oriented event where people get together to have some fun and actually enjoy being in the presence of other people. It's a cool place where lots of fun spontaneous conversation happens. They often have extremely beautiful maps made by our wonderful mapper team that you're encouraged to explore. Players are allowed (but not required!) to ask people out on a date to the ball but don't feel bad if you come up alone! It's a wonderful experience and I recommend everyone to try it out!

When will it be?
The ball is expected to be the 28th of December, 4:00 PM EST, but this is tentative. I've started to work full-time now, but I want to make sure we get it perfect this year!

Where will it be?
This is tentative, but it will likely be on the EVENT HALL SERVER. It's been held there for the past few balls so I'm thinking it should be okay again for this year.

What is expected when I attend?
Nobody is going to be a traitor during the ball. If you murder people, expect to get banned. The ball originally was supposed to take place outside of a round, but this will be its own thing. So if you connect at that time, the only thing that will be going on in the server is just the ball.

How can I help out?
These events come from the community and it's the community that makes these events all the better. I am looking for a few things in particular:

!Mappers for the Ball!
We had a ton of success last time with the tool boxing event with mapping and I want to do it again. If you have any experience in mapping or you're interested in drawing out extensive map ideas, please contact me directly at the /tg/ discord at @CitrusGender⁽ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵘʳˢᵉᶫᶠ ᵈᵘᵈᵉ⁾#0366. If you contribute, you'll get a fancy rank for the duration of the event and access to our mapping channel for planning. Please just note that we're on a bit of a timeline.

Dedicated admins during the ball
We need around 5 admins (sorry players) to only take ahelps and probably forgo spawning in during the ball. It's extremely chaotic, we had 100 ahelps last time during the last ball and about the same during the toolboxing event. It's safe to say that our admins are some of the most valuable assets during these events and having dedicated admins to cover the event are a godsend.

Security during the ball
If you're a player with a good note history, feel free to ask any of our admins to fit you out in security gear for the duration of the event. We'd appreciate people who maintain order during the ball and it helped a lot last time.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Winter Ball 2019: The most wonderful time of the year...

Post by oranges » #528445

but its summer
Hatterhat
Byond Username: Hatterhat

Post by Hatterhat » #528448

e
Hi, I'm Harold Robinson. I shitpost verbally and textually. God has forsaken me.
Spoiler:
can i get a fucking uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #528449

im security now please??

who do i contact

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #528454

@CitrusGender⁽ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵘʳˢᵉᶫᶠ ᵈᵘᵈᵉ⁾#0366 meme
ImageImageImage
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #528510

Dec 28? Eeeeeermmm....
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #528603

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Dec 28? Eeeeeermmm....
hmmmm
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #528610

i am cursed, the ball always happens on days im super busy
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #528612

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #528751

Ah darn I thought this would be before or on Christmas... After christmas is when I get crazy busy with family stuff and drive like 20million miles trying to see everyone...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #528752

Dec 20 or I will... look at the monitor angrily
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #528794

I'll come back for this who wants to be my date
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #528800

>after Christmas

why
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #528814

Anuv wrote:I'll come back for this who wants to be my date
Me pwease

I may or may not come, but I think I will
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #529067

ive never played during a winter ball

how does it work?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #529071

Super Aggro Crag wrote:ive never played during a winter ball

how does it work?
RP
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #529073

The map still needs to be made, I mean it could possibly be made on the 22nd but I would need to have all hands on deck when it comes to making the map. Though, I can't imagine that it would be that much of a dealbreaker and I'd think the extra time would lead to a much better map and experience.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #529076

Timonk wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:ive never played during a winter ball

how does it work?
RP
Im a good rper
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Post by zero the big boy » #529118

there's things in society us gamers can't achieve

such as having dates

we live in societies
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #529120

what classifies as 'good note history'
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #529125

good morning,

my name is bobbahbrown and i am a player on tgstation. i just wanted to help lessen the survivor bias that my friend citrusgender is having to deal with by saying i have no problem with the date of the ball. in fact, i foresee no issues in my ability to attend the ball given its current date schedule. most people won't post this kind of message, so remember to take non-able-to-attend-ees with a grain of salt please my friend citrus as i told you yesterday.

thank you for reading this message, and i hope you are having a great weekend.

all the best,
bobbahbrown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #529138

bobbahbrown wrote:good morning,

my name is bobbahbrown and i am a player on tgstation. i just wanted to help lessen the survivor bias that my friend citrusgender is having to deal with by saying i have no problem with the date of the ball. in fact, i foresee no issues in my ability to attend the ball given its current date schedule. most people won't post this kind of message, so remember to take non-able-to-attend-ees with a grain of salt please my friend citrus as i told you yesterday.

thank you for reading this message, and i hope you are having a great weekend.

all the best,
bobbahbrown
They should have made a poll to see what dates would have better attendance, I'll likely be out of town as well
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #529163

please save it for the actual winterball people!

thank you!
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #529165

Also in other news, someone offered to run a table top game for the ball called Blades In The Dark. Supposedly it has a cool criminal setting.

Please message Koh#3690 on discord for more information!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #529171

What the fuck
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Blurbo
Byond Username: Blurbo

Post by Blurbo » #529555

im getting my ball clothes on
Attachments
unknown.png
Blurbo
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #530110

make sure to have winter fun at the winter ball every one
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #530221

Obviously this has been all mostly put together thanks to Citrus. But I'd like to put it forward for next year that we can vote on a date perhaps?
As I'd personally really like to do this event but the 28th is basically not possible for me. Not that a vote would necessarily mean its a date I can do but it might mean a larger percentage can? Guess thats what a vote would show!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #530327

ok!
Not a beaver
Byond Username: Notabeaver

Post by Not a beaver » #530388

Huggo missed previous winter ball coz he was sent to a literal gulag. Ain't happening this year.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #530389

Not a beaver wrote:Huggo missed previous winter ball coz he was sent to a literal gulag. Ain't happening this year.
Oh I wouldn't be so sure about this one
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #530954

Big announcement!

We'll be doing a talent show for this ball! You're all invited to show off some talent that you might have during the Winter Ball.

Everyone will get 2 minutes (or more if requested) to show off their special talent. You can specify in the google doc if you'd like to add additional items (else you spawn with none.) Additionally, if you would like to spawn in with an outfit of your choice (other than a clown) please specify the outfit in the google doc.

Mappers are also encouraged to come up with maps during the ball by making 15x8 to show off something spectacular that you'd like to show everyone.

Signup here: https://forms.gle/VbG1baJehhsYqPm8A (joke responses will be discarded)
Feel free to DM me on discord if you have any questions.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #531426

oh damn just realized this starts the second i go into work damn that sucks
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #531728

Thank you all for coming!

We had a good showing this year and I really appreciated all the nice comments we got from people. Hopefully you all had a good time!