Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #533447

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Out of ideas?

Post by oranges » #533853

I like decals
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #534171

so whyd capt's account get nuked
[this space reserved]
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #534220

Jack7D1 wrote: In game station modifications
Do you see many different people changing the same thing on a station in the same way? Often times this is due to the player base having a general consensus over what is more convenient. Perhaps you could integrate that into the map?
The map is designed to have certain flaws so I'd avoid this as it'll gradually make things harder to sabotage.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #534221

decals is the big takeaway here, we need way more to make each map have an identity and be way prettier
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #534367

Jack7D1 wrote:In game station modifications
Do you see many different people changing the same thing on a station in the same way? Often times this is due to the player base having a general consensus over what is more convenient. Perhaps you could integrate that into the map?
not to be rude, but no, no, no, no, no

please

do not do this

the removal of player creativity by taking gimmicks people occasionally do and turning them into features is extremely obnoxious and leads to people doing those things LESS often (and also what sticky said)

this is one of my major issues with the way map design on /tg/station is treated and there needs to be less of this practice, not more
Limey wrote:its too late.
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #535503

I would make more decals in good conscience if, ya know

all the file paths in markings.dm weren't written in dyslexic order.

Count how many different file naming schemes and orders there are in that file.
Then check out the other one.
Dear lord.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #535505

why arent decals pre cached to do straight line, L line and single cube instead of having to manually single cube the whole floor?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #535508

if only the problem was ideas and not coding knowledge. i've considered keeping a document in my sig for people to steal from if they want. although presumptuous i may
Qbopper wrote:the removal of player creativity by taking gimmicks people occasionally do and turning them into features is extremely obnoxious and leads to people doing those things LESS often (and also what sticky said)

this is one of my major issues with the way map design on /tg/station is treated and there needs to be less of this practice, not more
stickymayhem is right about not correcting intentional weak points in the map (as the years went by it's become less and less of a nonsensical metal death trap) but i don't see how having to move the xenobio smartfridge and slime processor to the consoles on every map but pubby each round contributes to player creativity
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: