Remove magboots

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Remove magboots

Post by CPTANT » #533039

They are useless now anyway.

Applying slowdown to them AND for wearing a spacesuit for using them in zero G was just dumb. What is even the point of the item now, it used to be a very situational item, now nobody is ever going to use them.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Remove magboots

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #534286

I've never used them b4
What about the CE magboots?
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #534294

Magboots don't allow you to be slipped. I use them all the time when I do xenobio since the slowdown is negated by the slimes.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #534321

Active magboots should keep you from drifting off into space by not allowing you to walk more than one tile away from a lattice/tile

Whenever multi-z (TM) gets added, magboots should allow you to quickly go up a z-level when gravity fails
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #534349

Arathian wrote:Magboots don't allow you to be slipped. I use them all the time when I do xenobio since the slowdown is negated by the slimes.
If you're doing xenobio you can just make a stabilised blue crossbreed to prevent slipping, then you can wear whatever you want.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #534376

They're pretty useful for engineers and miners out and about in space, or outside the station doing things. They have a niche use, yes, But still a very valuable one. You're not legally obliged to wear them powered on 24/7, So that's not really a reason for removal
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Post by Aeri » #536641

They're great for working on the Supermatter without being eaten by it chief.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #536779

You need them when entering running SM core. Also for pressure differences around space holes. I would actually make them easier to obtain at the round start since fixing SM without them is real hard. Not sure if they help against gravitation anomalies but they sure do help when you want to use fire extinguisher on SM.

The funny thing is that they won't help you on ice. It's a big troll. SM core gets slippery from fire extinguishers and will dust you in like 100% of chances :lol:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #536843

this is the average tg player iq
player: me unga, me no see how sticky boot help me valid?