0%
HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK (junk option)
0%

Total votes: 216

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Security antag is back (on Sibyl/Basil)

Post by bandit » #4968

Was this announced anywhere? (You can see for yourself by using Show-Server-Revision.)
Last edited by bandit on Sun May 11, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Security antag is back (on Sibyl/Basil)

Post by Steelpoint » #4970

That's very weird, it also seems assistants lost maintenance access.

Can't say I'm happy with Sec Antag being brought back, more so without deliberation.
Nalar
Byond Username: Nalar

Post by Nalar » #4984

I think it may be a config bug/issue, since I've not seen any announcements and it came about very abruptly.

-=Forum Global Moderator=-
-=GameAdmin=-
Tell me how I'm doing.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #4986

Yeah it's not great.

Looks unintentional though so I wouldn't get upset about it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #4990

It's unintentional, and assistants are getting maint back.
Although the few rounds sec antag was on, we had a lot of fun, it's being discussed right now, but will likely be turned off again.
I play Boris Pepper.
Nalar

Post by Nalar » #4993

Rejoice. The config has been fixed, antag sec is off and assistants should have their maintenance access back.

-=GameAdmin=-
Tell me how I'm doing.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #4996

Nalar wrote:Rejoice. The config has been fixed, antag sec is off and assistants have their maintenance access back.
And let me guess, security still has no maint access.
Nalar

Post by Nalar » #5004

Seems that way.

-=GameAdmin=-
Tell me how I'm doing.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #5019

Roboticists and science now share access to everything as well, so R&D people rejoice until it gets fixed.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #5221

added poll because SoS asked
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #5228

sec antag best antag

we need more paranoia in our spaceman, no more trusting the redshirt to not be a traitor
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #5230

I'd like to see traitor sec/captain spawn without/reduced uplinks.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #5238

Sec / Captain traitor is literally EASYMODE, and pretty shitty for anyone on the receiving end of it, the idea of having no uplink is pretty good, but I don't think that really fixes the issue, and what would you do for ling rounds

Do we really need MORE paranoia to our traitor / ling rounds? And more reason for greytiding, greytiding has gotten down to an acceptable level most rounds, rarely is it ever a major problem now

Security is a horrible job to play sometimes, and understaffed pretty much, don't make it any worse, surely the bonus of being able to trust your people is the offset by having the hardest job to do
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #5259

>newfags voting for sec antag because they don't remember getting rolled over by sec officers that murder all of sec/literally anyone they see with infinite stuns + beepsky + riot shield + a-vest

Oh yeah we should let captains be antag too while we're at it.
iamgoofball wrote:we need more paranoia in our spaceman, no more trusting the redshirt to not be a traitor
This never happens anyway.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #5271

The game is asymmetrical there are so many easy circumstances for treason I don't see why I should care about just one. Dragging beepsky to murderbone? Even if you delete your own record they can create another and set you to arrest bam down for 2 minutes+. Protect auth from antag setting also applies to captains it is the same thing unless we have a new setting in the works.

I have had antag officers shank me and other officers in the back, it is a rarer than you would think because a living sec force is a big asset to sec traitor as long as they stay covert.

Conversely I have once had a traitor who infiltrated sec after "protect" slowly kill me while I shouted over the radio and no one help because bad wrong meta for simpletons assumes can't start as an antag and an antag can't become one are the same thing.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #5273

You have literally never seen roundstart antag sec and it shows
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #5276

My byond account dates to January 5 2010. If you are going to do that elitism shtick at least do a little research like HG, rocks for brains.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #5288

My statement had nothing to do with your account creation date or what an oldfag you are. You could have played since the start of the server and never seen one of the many, many retarded rounds antag sec/captain brought about (but I think you're being ignorant because you like the anti-sec stigma)

btw you're wrong and sec antag was disabled after a LONG debate.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #5291

I have experienced many messed up rounds, this idea you have that anyone who experienced a messed up round must hold the same self serving charge of the nerf brigade mentality as you is ridiculous.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #5323

Why can't Sec/Captain have "Super" objectives.

Escape with 2 Functional AIs.
Have 20% of the station destroyed by the time the shuttle docks (With no uplink, this objective can become very hard)
Etc, etc.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #5344

Because he will never do the objective and lead a gigantic murderbone tirade with a subverted AI instead?

Duh?

There was a really good sec antag alternative called crooked cop or something suggested a long time ago that gave antag sec officers leeway to murder people who pissed them off but not indiscriminately murderbone for the sake of murderbone
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #5351

one of the best things about non-antag sec was being able to trust other officers to have your back when doing risky shit

that was literally the best part about sec and just about the only part that made it worth playing.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #5353

imblyings wrote:one of the best things about non-antag sec was being able to trust other officers to have your back when doing risky shit

that was literally the best part about sec and just about the only part that made it worth playing.
With antag sec off, you can trust your comrades enough to be alone, in a cameraless room, with telecomms off, and standing next to each other, a pen in one hand and a block of C4 in the other, next to a bunch of blank paper and a blood rune, making idle conversation in all lowers for seemingly no reason at all. Protecting authority from antag does wonders for Com/Sec solidarity. It removes "malice" from "Incompetence or Malice" - They will never purposely backstab you and never willfully fuck you over. If you aren't a criminal and/or aren't an antag, they are not out to get you. Period.
Spoiler:
which is why it ought to be turned off, it's more !!FUN!! this way
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5354

>does wonders for Com/Sec solidarity

so much this.

I'll fucking take solidarity and MUH TEAMWORK ROLEPLAY over the double dosage of paranoia some people want sec to have.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #5356

Security Antag ruins Security interdepartmental cooperation as well as destroys Security-Crew relations. During Sec Antag people had no incentive to trust Security in arrests since half the time you would likely end up being tossed out an airlock or killed, I know this from personnel experience.

We have only just begun to make headway in increasing trust between Sec and the crew, if we return Sec Antag than all of this work will be destroyed.

I have had more than enough rounds of getting backstabbed by my fellow Officers, Sec Antag is not fun for anyone except the one antag Sec Officer.
Helios

Post by Helios » #5361

Steelpoint wrote:Security Antag ruins Security interdepartmental cooperation as well as destroys Security-Crew relations. During Sec Antag people had no incentive to trust Security in arrests since half the time you would likely end up being tossed out an airlock or killed, I know this from personnel experience.

We have only just begun to make headway in increasing trust between Sec and the crew, if we return Sec Antag than all of this work will be destroyed.

I have had more than enough rounds of getting backstabbed by my fellow Officers, Sec Antag is not fun for anyone except the one antag Sec Officer.
This is a controversial question, but is the complete trust of sec necessarily a good thing?
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #5362

Paprka has the right idea of how antag sec could and should be. The idea of a loose cannon or an otherwise crooked cop can work really. The only issue is that it would be governed like purged AI's. You can pretty much do as you please short of random murder or murder boning. I, as a changeling HOS once rallied security against A mutineering crew led by greyshirts
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #5363

Helios wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Security Antag ruins Security interdepartmental cooperation as well as destroys Security-Crew relations. During Sec Antag people had no incentive to trust Security in arrests since half the time you would likely end up being tossed out an airlock or killed, I know this from personnel experience.

This is a controversial question, but is the complete trust of sec necessarily a good thing?
If you want to have any security force at all, yes. People won't play security if nobody trusts security, and those that do would only do it for the chance to get free stun guns as an antag and suicide if they aren't. They wouldn't make good nonantag security anyways.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #5365

Antag security will bring back a number of competent players who left it because they felt they were being punished by having their experiences in the game limited.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5368

>punished

sec is punishing, antag or not.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #5371

ShizCalev wrote:Antag security will bring back a number of competent players who left it because they felt they were being punished by having their experiences in the game limited.
imblyings wrote:>punished

sec is punishing, antag or not.

Shitposting aside, I don't like antag sec, for the above reasons. Plus, if you're Sec, half your job is fighting the antags. Yeah, I know, I know. Spacelaw, public safety, et cetera. But really, you got two types of crooks - Petty criminals busting windows for shits and giggs that you can yell at and/or wristslap (fines when?) and grand theft/sabotage from antags. Barfights and stolen captain shit, not a whole lot in between.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #5375

I was around for sec antag. Believe you me, you don't want it back.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #5381

I'm surprised security antag is winning in the polls.
It'll reinforce the anti-security feelings many players express and will reduce cooperation the departments have with Security.
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #5383

Just turn it back on you carebears.

Sec/Captain antag rounds are FUN.

Doesnt matter which side you're on.
/vg/station Head Admin
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #5388

I dragged off several prisoners to the execution room, where I proceeded to murder them.
I parapenned the Captain and HoS as a Warden after they found me, I then harmbatonned them screaming out "ICH BIN HAMBUTON"
I then lasered down any Officers I could find in the brig afterwards.

!!FUN!!

Edit: I should probably include that no one expected it and obviously that the prisoners had no way to fight back.
!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!!!FUN!!
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5392

>Sec/Captain antag rounds are FUN.

each time I get sec antag I will proceed to powergame my very hardest- and I can powergame pretty fucking hard- to abuse sec antag and silently remove as many people from the round as I can.

Do you want to experience that.

Remember, you can't fight back and you'll lose your headset too so you can't yell for help. You're not even being killed, that's too messy of a word for what is a very clinical procedure, almost OOC in it's execution, of simply removing players from the round. And with maint on sibyl being expanded, there are plenty of places to hide bodies forever.

And I won't get banned for this either.

edit- this also gives a legit reason for guncargo sec to exist too.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #5394

Fuck, just get a EMP Kit as well so you can stun them, EMP them to kill their headset, then have your way with them.

Sec Antag is piss easy, you can easily kill off your fellow Sec Officers as well as practically anyone else on station, people don't question you carrying around Stun weapons and if your seen with something bad you can easily blame the guy your killing to be a traitor.

Sec Antag is only "FUN" for the antag Officer.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #5399

imblyings wrote:>Sec/Captain antag rounds are FUN.

each time I get sec antag I will proceed to powergame my very hardest- and I can powergame pretty fucking hard- to abuse sec antag and silently remove as many people from the round as I can.

Do you want to experience that.

Remember, you can't fight back and you'll lose your headset too so you can't yell for help. You're not even being killed, that's too messy of a word for what is a very clinical procedure, almost OOC in it's execution, of simply removing players from the round. And with maint on sibyl being expanded, there are plenty of places to hide bodies forever.

And I won't get banned for this either.

edit- this also gives a legit reason for guncargo sec to exist too.
Oh no I am quaking in my boots. Being murdered in the space murder simulator? UNTHINKABLE! ANTAG PROTECT EVERYTHING!
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5402

>m-my idea of fun is objectively better even though it comes at a severe cost to others

>equating sec antag with simply being murdered in ss13
>implying the problem ends with sec having it easy with killing people

stop being dumb
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #5403

Never said my opinion was superior. Several people in favour of protect authority have told me I cannot even hold my opinion and have played the same game.

Equating sec antag hysteria with fears over being murdered? Damn right I am none of these tales of dread have been about Officer McTraitor quietly stealing the mag boots, they have been about being killed or in your case promising to bring your worst and somehow kill my belly yellow. You've threatened me with what I want really.

If that isn't the main issue what is? Trust? Derivative of the above, pretty near non existent and reportedly just starting to blossom for oh months now. If an actual flower had taken this long to bloom it would be dead.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #5406

While the trustworthy sec equals workplace cohesion argument is solid, I personally feel the metagaming negatives and loss of fun situations trump the positives. Antagonists are supposed to be creating fun situations. If they're not, then yeah obviously something should be done, but it's not like sec antag was unfun 100% of the time. The real issue isn't that security themselves can be antag, it's that antags are allowed to do whatever they want. Think about it; if the problem is security silently, efficiently murdering everyone with no chance of them to fight back, then just ban that specific unwanted behavior.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #5407

Can I re-vote? I don't think I can.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #5408

I personally feel some of the worst rounds are created by weak antagonists. Why did research cult and old ling create some of the worst rounds ever? Because they had to do a ton of tedious nonsense to reach a position of strength where they felt they could win. Security and captain antags don't have these issues, well oldling sec probably used to since taking everyone to be sucked off at perma is tedious legwork but even with monkeys to absorb killing 12 to 14 people was a chore back then.
Helios

Post by Helios » #5481

Vekter wrote:I was around for sec antag. Believe you me, you don't want it back.
I was around for sec antag. Believe you me, I do want it back
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5487

what, as a victim? as a bystander laughing as sec falls apart? as someone playing sec in the hope of being sec antag?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #5497

Steelpoint wrote:-snip-
Sec Antag is only "FUN" for the antag Officer.
Also I think its so firmly ingrained in everyone that sec AREN'T antag that they will never be suspected unless they go extremely loud.

Also surely the reasons the captain can't be antag are the same for sec? Because they are in positions of extreme power (or from an IC point of view, they are implanted)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #5502

Security absolutely should be the only force for good on the station, and be an absolute force for good.

Captain antag, on the other hand, would be acceptable to me since it allows a lot of freedom and would mean more competent people play Captain. Head of Personnel is already literally as powerful as the Captain as an antag (parapen+c4 the cap and oh look you own the station now) so there isn't much of a reason that the Captain shouldn't join in the fun.

I think security should be kept non-antag for the sake of the good people who play security and the station in general. A good security team is becoming far more frequent now, and it's a cycle that improves since a good team makes people want to play security and have a positive experience and the teams get better more frequently. It's a slow process but so much of the stigma associated with security and the constant bullshit that, while funny on occasion, became monotonous round after round routine is finally leaving. Please don't fuck that up.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #5598

I'm sorry. I forgot people on this server play to win and not the experience.

One of my fondest SS13 memories was being a captain on /vg/station. The HoS ended up being a traitor and was trying to arrest me to try to assassinate me. I somehow ended up breaking free, he ran off, and the station and security were essentially divided in two trying to kill off both sides.

Shit happens. Dying and getting dunked on is part of SS13. Sometimes its aggravating. Sometimes its hilarious. Just sit back and let the good times roll. You'll enjoy the game more that way.
/vg/station Head Admin
RogerWilco
Byond Username: BlakeJohnson

Post by RogerWilco » #5611

People seem to forget that they can't control everything in this game and then whine when they get killed.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #5626

>I'm sorry. I forgot people on this server play to win and not the experience.

>security being less painful for the few that play sec somehow equates to playing to win
>using catchphrases you don't understand
>double paranoia on top of a punishing job is a better experience than an experience involving good teamwork

>People seem to forget that they can't control everything in this game and then whine when they get killed.

it's about not making sec shit again.