In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

[Vekter] Striders13 - Prank that went too far

Post by Striders13 » #536744

BYOND account: Striders13
Character name: The supermatter crystal
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: Named himself 'the supermatter crystal' as a pAI and pasted the announcement that the engine was delamming at 12 percent. This made the crew panic and -actually- cause a delam. Also this was on Manuel. Quit it.
Time ban was placed: 2020-01-20 11:46:26
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 128579
Your side of the story: Was bored observing the greenshift, desided to sign up as pAI to pull of a classic prank of naming myself sm crystal and "delamming". The fact that i WILL pull off this prank was openly stated in my pAI description. After the prank failed as my own master called me out on that i wiped myself off the pai device, then somehow the actual engine started delamming. My game then nicely proceeded to crash and i couldn't get back on the server, when i restarted my pc i saw the ban message.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
So, first of all, my pai description was saying what will happen after you download me.
Secondly, i don't know how silly engineers gotta be to fall for it, since i skipped the engineering channel delam message and announce it on common, besides, the ai knows when it is a pAI talking.
Lastly, how the fuck am i responsible for engineering's incompetence, i think the fact that the engine delammed after that is just a misfortunate situation that i'm in now way involved into. They could see that engine is not on fire and on 100% integrity. EVEN if engineers decided to fuck with sm after my prank, it's absolutely their fault in being so incompetent they allowed it to delam.

And if you didn't like the fact that i pulled this sort of prank on mrp server, aren't pAI's supposed to be different'? My pAI was produced by HonkCo by pranksters for pranksters(tm) (as it said in the description)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Striders13 - Prank that went too far

Post by Vekter » #536748

That's lovely, but your 'prank' was incredibly meta and has no place on Manuel. The SM delaminated because the AI immediately started trying to fix it. Everything would've been peachy keen if you didn't scare the crew half to death.

Pranking is fine. Breaking meta on MRP and being bad at pranks is not. What did you intend to happen when you did that? What was the outcome supposed to be?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #536749

I don't see how this is 'meta' at all. It's a pAI designed to prank, it did the prank. Basically, it's a tool for clown and the like to use.
My intent was to scare crew, see their screams on radio, have ai call me out and wipe myself off. None of my fault the ai was clueless to that.

And a side question, did the engineers manage to save the sm or it FULLY delammed?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #536753

It's meta because you explicitly named yourself in a way that would make players think it was an actual callout from the SM. Imagine a worker at a nuclear plant doing that, causing the plant manager to SCRAM the reactor and blackout the grid. You'd be out a job damn quick. And no, they couldn't save it.

I also banned you from pAI for two weeks because your prank sucked and no one thought it was funny. I am, however, going to reduce your ban from the server as a day was a bit extreme.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #536754

Vekter wrote:It's meta because you explicitly named yourself in a way that would make players think it was an actual callout from the SM. Imagine a worker at a nuclear plant doing that, causing the plant manager to SCRAM the reactor and blackout the grid. You'd be out a job damn quick. And no, they couldn't save it.

I also banned you from pAI for two weeks because your prank sucked and no one thought it was funny.
Yeah i don't see how the "job" thing in any way correlates with a pAI, by that logic you should ban the dude who downloaded me.

Again, i fail to see how this is anything ban-worthy. If clown slips captain and captain then gets lost while chasing the clown into maint and gets killed by a traitor will you ban the clown in that case?
The clown in this example is simply doing his job in being silly, none of his fault the captain decides to be a dumb fuck and die.

Yeah thanks, humour is subjective and all that stuff, cool.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #536755

I'm sorry that you disagree with my judgment on this. I see it as different as your job as a pAI isn't to scare the shit out of crewmembers and make them do stupid shit.

I reduced the ban to 6 hours.
Spoiler:

Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Striders13 » #536758

I don't think pAI's even have restrictions as far as playstyle goes. If im roleplaying as a "glitchy" pAi for example, constantly saying incomprehensible shit does it mean im playing it WRONG and i can ONLY be your default companion personality? All my effects were stated in the description, the "preferred master" was set to "clown and other notable pranksters". That's the way i'm playing pAI, it's not fun being restricted in the way you roleplay.

However, i get now that the name thing was a bit too much of a push on game mechanics, so yeah, whatever, won't happen again.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #536788

Some log context:

After a minute, the pAI states a fake delam message over comms, with an engineer yelling over comms that it's not delamming:
[2020-01-20 11:38:00.887] GAME: 11:38:00.887] GAME: Striders13/(The supermatter crystal) Client Striders13/(The supermatter crystal) has taken ownership of mob The supermatter crystal(/mob/living/silicon/pai) (Medbay Central (98, 108, 2))
[2020-01-20 11:39:03.521] SAY: 11:39:03.521] SAY: Striders13/(The supermatter crystal) "CRYSTAL DELAMINATION IMMINENT. Integrity: 19.83%" (Medbay Central (89, 104, 2))
[2020-01-20 11:39:12.886] SAY: 11:39:12.886] SAY: HometownFunky/(Keerasa-Okaw) "It's not delamming." (Central Primary Hallway (95, 143, 2))
[2020-01-20 11:39:28.701] SAY: 11:39:28.701] SAY: HometownFunky/(Keerasa-Okaw) "IT'S NOT!!!! DELAMMING!!!!" (Central Primary Hallway (95, 143, 2))
[2020-01-20 11:39:32.301] SAY: 11:39:32.301] SAY: Striders13/(The supermatter crystal) "CRYSTAL DELAMINATION IMMINENT. Integrity: 7.51%" (Medbay Storage (91, 109, 2))
[2020-01-20 11:39:41.086] SAY: 11:39:41.086] SAY: InquisitorJohn/(Kimiko Tsuki) "... I-I'm pretty sure it's delamming." (Recreation Area (147, 180, 2))
However, the AI not only manages to ignore the engineer, the crystal integrity/supermatter console/visuals, but also set the air alarm to panic siphon (this kills the crystal).
[2020-01-20 11:39:46.914] GAME: 11:39:46.914] GAME: Emitter turned OFF by Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Chime) in Engineering (175, 150, 2)
[2020-01-20 11:39:52.395] SAY: 11:39:52.395] SAY: Bigpeenboy/(Sheryl Reyes) "MY PAI IS BEING GAY" (Medbay Storage (91, 109, 2))
11:39:54 [0x200b2a5] (164,153,2) || Supermatter Engine Air Alarm was turned to Panic Siphon mode by Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Chime)
Then, a borg either suicides or gets sucked into the crystal, completing the delam speedrun in under 10 minutes:
11:45:42 [0x200b5e3] (169,154,2) || the supermatter crystal has consumed justrandomguy/(Standard Android-896).
11:47:09 [0x200b5e3] (169,154,2) || the supermatter crystal has reached the emergency point for the first time.
11:48:03 [0x200b5e3] (169,154,2) || the supermatter crystal has been destroyed.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #536836

I made my decision on this. I'm going to reduce the pAI ban to a week. Otherwise, everything else sticks.
Spoiler: