Mid round agonist - the laminator

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Mid round agonist - the laminator

Post by OFQ » #536778

Given that a random SM delamination is the bane of all autistic projects around the station since it ends up with a shuttle call I propose adding a new mid round spawn role. THE LAMINATOR - Nanotrasen employ that an active admeme can choose to spawn if no one trying to fix damn SM. It will be real useful on lowpops.

- - - - - - - -

Additional, as I suggested in a different thread, SM should get unbolted when casualty stabilization filed activates. In this state all the power/heat levels are fixed but SM itself can be spaced (you'll have like 30 seconds) this way atmospheric (and the most of the station) can be saved so no need in the shuttle call. Also more options for antags (dragging it deeper into the station) and it will make SM shards useful since they can be used to replace the exploded SM crystal if the engine room can be repaired. I think it is balanceable by adjusting the amount of time you have to jettison SM - could be map specific.

- - - - - - - -

Also it will encourage more sophisticated SM build and experimentation since the damage potential to the rest of the station will be reduced.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Mid round agonist - the laminator

Post by oranges » #536844

and here I was thinking it was a paperwork role
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #536851

engineering ERT already exists

next
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #536867

deedubya wrote:engineering ERT already exists

next
I'm thinking more like looney ops spawn, in space near SM because ERP team takes too long to assemble, find the shuttle shutters button.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #536874

Another option is adding a cyborg booth with a special engineering cyborg in it. When SM integrity is below N% it unlocks and releases the cyborg that has advanced fire extinguisher and maybe better radiation/zap protection. But it could be a big nerf to sabotage since the ghost that possessed the cyborg prolly gonna have "extra knowledge"