sekh
Byond Username: Sekh

[PhuzzyLodgik] Sekh - being told i'm banned in some other players name

Post by sekh » #537196

BYOND account: Sekh
Character name: Not sure, but the ban says "BallsFacce"
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "You or another user of this computer or connection (BallsFacce) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Perma'd player billypilgriim's alt. This ban (BanID #45357) was applied by PhuzzyLodgik on 2020-01-20 00:54:17 during round ID 128542. This is a permanent ban"
Time ban was placed: 2020-01-20 00:54:17
Server you were playing on when banned: Don't know i wasn't even online at the time.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 128542
Your side of the story: I don't know what happened. I'm returning to SS13 after a hiatus of several months. When attempting to login tonight i'm being presented with the ban message shown above. I don't know any of the players mentioned in the ban message and i wasn't even online at the time of the ban. Can byond somehow mixup ckeys / computer ids? I logged on tonight for the first time in many months and it said i needed a byond version 513 to login, so i upgraded from 512 to 513 and tried to login again. Now i'm being presented with this ban message.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think the ban was intended for me, but it's somehow hitting my account / computer id? I haven't been online for many months, and certainly not at the time of the ban. I've been the sole user of this computer for 6+ years and it's not possibly that someone else was using it to login to byond at the time. Last time i played was months and months ago with a little bit of tgstation and a bit of NSV13 testing.
References of good conduct: I've played many times before on tgstation, and i'm not one to get banned or admin bwoinked.

Is it possible to unban my account?
Do you need any more information?

Have a lovely day
Sekh
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: [PhuzzyLodgik] Sekh - being told i'm banned in some other players name

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #537202

Are you running an unlicensed or otherwise sketchy version of Windows? Your computer ID is shared by more than 100 accounts and that's usually the cause, from what I understand.

Regardless, I've lifted the CID portion of the ban in question and you should now be able to connect without trouble. Let me know if that's not the case.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
sekh
Byond Username: Sekh

Re: [PhuzzyLodgik] Sekh - being told i'm banned in some other players name

Post by sekh » #537204

hi Capn_monkeypaw

Thanks for the assistance. I've now connected again successfully.
No, i'm running on a completely legit version of windows activated and everything.
My byond client isn't installed though?, i just pull the zip file and extract it, but i doubt that would do it?

Anyway, i can get back on again now, so thank you for the help!

/Sekh