CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Post by Sheodir » #537533

Bottom post of the previous page:

adamkad1 wrote:Important thing is, people wanna play the game, they dont wanna stare at the game while being dead till it restarts. The less ways to fix someone from death there will be, the more paranoid people will be, they will attempt to stay away from other people, or react aggresively and beat people up for approaching them. And that sucks.
The paranoia is part of the game, and a good part of the game at that. Keeping a one tile distance from people, not letting them get close unawares, all part of the game

Dying shouldn't be fun (by itself anyway)
Dying should kill you
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #537536

Arathian wrote:Then put a machine to humanize monkeys in medbay. Right now, you can't humanize monkeys in the medbay, only in sci.
not to try and dissuade your arguments but you can humanize monkeys with 1u of mutadone applied via dropper from the pharmacy
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #537540

organ decay isnt really that important now that organs self heal when you are alive (if you get revived with damaged organs it ll heal all in 2 min of wait), if you have been dead for more than 15 min why havent you already server hopped lol
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #537543

Epipens have formaldehyde which stops organ decay. Why aren't y'all using them?
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #537574

skoglol wrote:
4: Monkey cubes can be ordered from cargo or made in xenobio and botany. Monkeys are not a rare resource at all, but aren't strictly necessary either. There are some edge cases where a brain transplant might be easier.
I don't think these edge cases are going to be as uncommon as you think. All it takes is for someone to have their body put in a maint locker and by the time they reach medbay there will likely be so much decay that SR / transplant is the easiest thing.
Also when it comes to SR, my experience is that you're lucky for the chem fridge to have even basic healing meds. Rounds where someone spent the time to actually make the good stuff are few and far between.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #537590

Dying shouldn't be boring
► Show Spoiler
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537593

Shadowflame909 wrote:Dying shouldn't be boring
Dying is boring in either case - the "fun" there is to be had lies in the solving the dying. One is an engaging procedure that makes players actively use game knowledge and investigation to bring people back, and the other is cloning
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #537603

Sheodir wrote:If you allow a janitor to murder all of sec and several other people and then somehow also allow this person to debrain AND deorgan almost every corpse they come across, it shouldn't be an easy process to heal them.
Excuse me? Killing and beheading/organ spilling a corpse is easy as shit. I've gone on a rampage where I destroyed at least 10 people and stole their brains with my bare hands and a cake hat. You can't pin the fact that "killing is easy in general" on one guy in this thread (he """allowed""" it to happen) and then use that as an argument for reviving to be vastly more difficult. How does that make sense?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #537604

Sheodir wrote: Of course your experience will suck more at first, because again, a big part of this change is making MDs actually LEARN THEIR JOB. The fact some got away with not knowing basic shit like limb reattachment shows the standards have truly been that low for this long. 90% of MDs knew how to: clone, apply patches and heal items, cryo and maybe MAYBE checked out the surgery page obsessively when someone needed to get a mechanical limb done in.
MD know how to do their job its just take toooo much time to revive dudes rn.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537608

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Sheodir wrote:If you allow a janitor to murder all of sec and several other people and then somehow also allow this person to debrain AND deorgan almost every corpse they come across, it shouldn't be an easy process to heal them.
Excuse me? Killing and beheading/organ spilling a corpse is easy as shit. I've gone on a rampage where I destroyed at least 10 people and stole their brains with my bare hands and a cake hat. You can't pin the fact that "killing is easy in general" on one guy in this thread (he """allowed""" it to happen) and then use that as an argument for reviving to be vastly more difficult. How does that make sense?
The issue here is this retarded double standard of "it's easy to murderbone but somehow supremely difficult to stop a murderboner!" when honestly in the era of antag freeze save for War Ops most operatives really aren't that tough to crack. Even lings are kind of really vulnerable, being hard as shit to kill but as easy as any human to contain if ousted, even if they somehow dumped all their points into combat improvements.

Yes, KILLING isn't difficult, but it'll fucking oust you as a super badman very quickly too and stopping a known criminal is rather easy. The only thing that makes revival "pretty much impossible" is getting rid of the brain proper, which... also made cloning impossible and ended up requiring pods. Things aren't that different, the exception is that revival now takes skill vs pressing a button - hell, again, I'm testing my limits with humanized monkeys and crushing and eradicating everything that I can and practiced full organ revival + proper revival takes, as said, a bit under a minute and a half, which isn't that far away from clone timers themselves (upgraded)

Pls play more
kopoba wrote:
Sheodir wrote: Of course your experience will suck more at first, because again, a big part of this change is making MDs actually LEARN THEIR JOB. The fact some got away with not knowing basic shit like limb reattachment shows the standards have truly been that low for this long. 90% of MDs knew how to: clone, apply patches and heal items, cryo and maybe MAYBE checked out the surgery page obsessively when someone needed to get a mechanical limb done in.
MD know how to do their job its just take toooo much time to revive dudes rn.
If it takes too long they're still looking up the wiki rather than doing this shit fast, they'll adapt. It really is kind of almost too easy once you know what to get to revive people, and as said I've only seen Terry have this massive pile of unrevived dead bodies in particularly bad shifts vs Manuel and Event Bay where people are... fine? Completely and utterly a-ok.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #537611

We all wish we were as good as you sheodir.

Unfortunately, since the standard player isn't as amazing and perfect at ss13 as you, maybe we should consider that in the balancing?
Iron, blood and spider armies
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537612

Arathian wrote:We all wish we were as good as you sheodir.

Unfortunately, since the standard player isn't as amazing and perfect at ss13 as you, maybe we should consider that in the balancing?
Dude I know this is a diss but my point isn't to go OH MAN I'M SO GREAT it's oh hey this shit is really easy if you prepare and are aware of the surgeries

I feel everyone is jumping the gun rather than learning this stuff and letting it play out

Although I admit my bias as one of those filthy MRPers I haven't had to deal with real Bagil hours style chaos in Medbay yet
Muncher21
Byond Username: Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #537613

Arathian wrote: Unfortunately, since the standard player isn't as amazing and perfect at ss13 as you, maybe we should consider that in the balancing?
Time to make setting up the SM take two button presses on a computer because "Engineer players can't be amazing and perfect" to set it up every time.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #537614

Muncher21 wrote:
Arathian wrote: Unfortunately, since the standard player isn't as amazing and perfect at ss13 as you, maybe we should consider that in the balancing?
Time to make setting up the SM take two button presses on a computer because "Engineer players can't be amazing and perfect" to set it up every time.

The difference is that the SM is an inanimate object and the dead person is someone who wants to play the video game.
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #537624

SkeletalElite wrote: The difference is that the SM is an inanimate object and the dead person is someone who wants to play the video game.
The SM not being setup effects the entire station. Playing on a station without power is boring, and many jobs can't function without it. Why should the entire station's fun be ruined by an engineer who can't play his role?
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537628

SkeletalElite wrote:
Muncher21 wrote:

The difference is that the SM is an inanimate object and the dead person is someone who wants to play the video game.
The SM is something that if improperly setup will literally end the videogame for everyone on the station pretty damn fast. The equivalency is truthful.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #537630

Sheodir wrote: The SM is something that if improperly setup will literally end the videogame for everyone on the station pretty damn fast. The equivalency is truthful.
Multiple people have to set up a total of 1 SM. It's not comparable to the steady stream of dead bodies.
Iron, blood and spider armies
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #537631

Sheodir wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
The issue here is this retarded double standard of "it's easy to murderbone but somehow supremely difficult to stop a murderboner!" when [it's always perfectly easy to stop a murderboner 100% of the time].
Yeah no, I don't believe you. Citation needed. Play more.
Sheodir wrote:Yes, KILLING isn't difficult, but ... [you can validhunt]
So you agree with my point entirely, that killing is easy and that revival has been made harder. Good to hear. Not sure what that whole tangent about you being able to 100% reliably kill murderboners before they can even murder more than one person was about.
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #537632

I actually agree with this, hence why I look forward to some of the BS antag powers/arsenals getting toned down a bit.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537647

Arathian wrote:
Sheodir wrote: The SM is something that if improperly setup will literally end the videogame for everyone on the station pretty damn fast. The equivalency is truthful.
Multiple people have to set up a total of 1 SM. It's not comparable to the steady stream of dead bodies.
Multiple people dealing with a stream of dead bodies. Which are still individually infinitesimally less complicated than a SM.

The excess of people who complain about this and admit to not playing MD is staggering.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I have edited your argument to say you're wrong I am very smart
Classy
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #537671

Sheodir wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:I have edited your argument to say you're wrong I am very smart
Classy
That was literally your argument.
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #537675

I think the limb grower should become a roundstart machine now that you can’t clone. It’s either that or have engineering build one every shift. In reality it rarely gets built, along with other medical machinery like the organ harvester
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #537677

Sheodir wrote: Multiple people dealing with a stream of dead bodies. Which are still individually infinitesimally less complicated than a SM.

The excess of people who complain about this and admit to not playing MD is staggering.
Not quite. Multiple people have to deal with a stream of dead bodies on top of everything else that they have to do. Even with cloning dealing with 4-5 dead bodies was a chore, now it'll take even longer than it did before. I can set up the fucking SM by myself and have it running without a hiccup in five-six minutes. It's not improving my experience in medbay or making it any more "fun", it's tedious and time-consuming when it's not frustrating due to the fact that people's organs can randomly take damage to the point of failure even after I've fixed it three times and replaced it twice. All the fun/time-saving/useful aspects of cloning that I could make use of are replaced with hoping sci isn't neck-deep in xenobio or botany isn't balls-deep in deathnettle to do the same thing except boring. If there's anything about the cloning removal that I'd be upset about at this point, it's that it's fucking boring.
NoxVS wrote: I think the limb grower should become a roundstart machine now that you can’t clone. It’s either that or have engineering build one every shift. In reality it rarely gets built, along with other medical machinery like the organ harvester
Most medical machinery tends to go unused in favor of the station being blown to smithereens by the forty-five minute mark. In addition, space in medbay tends to be tight and building new stuff that doesn't get in my way is hard.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537695

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Sheodir wrote:
Classy
That was literally your argument.
The argument was that killing is indeed easy but on the same coin so is killing murderboners, and thus it isn't this weird double standard where killing is only easy for murderboners and somehow incredibly difficult to stop. Thus, the "murdertide" of having one thousand bodies every shift is a false equivalency. That point was made clear, but you had to do your little edit because you're oh so quirky and fuck actual discussion am I right?
NoxVS wrote:I think the limb grower should become a roundstart machine now that you can’t clone. It’s either that or have engineering build one every shift. In reality it rarely gets built, along with other medical machinery like the organ harvester
Prosthetics can fit the bill for limbs, but instead of the limb grower for organs I think Med should start with a fridge with a few organs around. Use a bit of the extra spare space now.
Taraiph wrote:Not quite. Multiple people have to deal with a stream of dead bodies on top of everything else that they have to do. Even with cloning dealing with 4-5 dead bodies was a chore, now it'll take even longer than it did before. [...] All the fun/time-saving/useful aspects of cloning that I could make use of are replaced with hoping sci isn't neck-deep in xenobio or botany isn't balls-deep in deathnettle to do the same thing except boring. If there's anything about the cloning removal that I'd be upset about at this point, it's that it's fucking boring.
NoxVS wrote: snip
Most medical machinery tends to go unused in favor of the station being blown to smithereens by the forty-five minute mark. In addition, space in medbay tends to be tight and building new stuff that doesn't get in my way is hard.
On top of everything what? It's Medbay. Its literal main priority is saving lives. The job has been so braindead and easy that yes, most MDs see the job as the "faff and fuck around" job since one person pressing the cloning button has become more than enough to deal with nearly every situation there. There were no real fun or interesting aspects of cloning, not comparatively to new Medical, which actually takes a little more effort. And on the space front, with cloning gone Medbays kind of have a bunch of dead space, and that isn't including the dead space we had in stations it had been moved to Sci proper and we had huge morgues.

If there's one thing I agree on is that we lack post cloning documentation. The guides for surgery and medical have to be updated ASAP. The sooner people learn how to stabilize bodies and stop decay the better, and it's getting embarrassing seeing people OD others on formaldehyde and husk them whilst trying to preserve the organs.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #537710

you two knock it off or you're on post approval
kopoba

Post by kopoba » #537717

Also guys what about plasmamens, Ethereals and other dudes without heart. Right now i dont see any way to revive them in same body even its health okay. Probably strange reagent but ive seen it 1 out of 20 shifts or even less.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537721

kopoba wrote:Also guys what about plasmamens, Ethereals and other dudes without heart. Right now i dont see any way to revive them in same body even its health okay. Probably strange reagent but ive seen it 1 out of 20 shifts or even less.
There are measures to save them (Plasmamen are arguably easier than humans once you know what you're doing) but as said documentation is rather lacking. I'll try and update the wiki a bit but not sure if it's something you should update to reflect the lack of cloning when it's still on Test Merge phase.

But regardless instructions in how to save other species should be put there.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #537727

Can't you just build a surgery table under a shower and revive them like normal?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #537728

Grazyn wrote:Can't you just build a surgery table under a shower and revive them like normal?
They don’t have a heart to be defibbed.
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #537730

I'm pretty sure you can swap brains between species
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #537731

OFQ wrote:I'm pretty sure you can swap brains between species
That won’t work when that “exploit” is “fixed” which seems to be a goal that will eventually happen
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537732

NoxVS wrote:
That won’t work when that “exploit” is “fixed” which seems to be a goal that will eventually happen
That was never cited as an exploit far as I'm aware

There are other ways to revive Plasmamen (skip defib, rush to revival surgery, shower helps) but headswapping them also works just fine.
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #537739

Sheodir wrote:
On top of everything what? It's Medbay. Its literal main priority is saving lives. The job has been so braindead and easy that yes, most MDs see the job as the "faff and fuck around" job since one person pressing the cloning button has become more than enough to deal with nearly every situation there. There were no real fun or interesting aspects of cloning, not comparatively to new Medical, which actually takes a little more effort. And on the space front, with cloning gone Medbays kind of have a bunch of dead space, and that isn't including the dead space we had in stations it had been moved to Sci proper and we had huge morgues.

If there's one thing I agree on is that we lack post cloning documentation. The guides for surgery and medical have to be updated ASAP. The sooner people learn how to stabilize bodies and stop decay the better, and it's getting embarrassing seeing people OD others on formaldehyde and husk them whilst trying to preserve the organs.
That's where you're wrong, and thinking of cloning in the typical "free revive machine" way that everyone on this server thinks of it as, but it had much more potential that that. Clone a nightmare endlessly to give out hearts of darkness to the crew. Clone a plasmaman and learn how to treat suitless plasmamen. Clone an ethereal and drain their blood for any other ethereals on the station, or because you want to fuck around with liquid electricity. Experiment on an empty clone and figure out novel mixes for chemicals and better ways to treat toxin damage. Farm dissection points with empty clones so that science can get you advanced tools and tend wounds won't take three minutes a person anymore. Turn the cargo bay into a miasma farm using cloning pods and electrified grilles. Clone every species and graft their organs into you, becoming the übermensch. This was all stuff that's been possible until now with new medicine.

But you're right, new medbay is a more engaging, more fun experience. Now I can do the exact same three step surgery on every single person that walks through the doors. Now I can print out cybernetic organs because doing three different organ-healing surgeries would take thrice as long. Now I can ignore any new medical chemicals entirely because I can't get monkey cubes from botany/genetics and the only chem dispenser is being used to push out industrial amounts of salicyclic acid. Now I can not do experimental surgeries because there's four different people dying on my doorstep and three different miasma viruses are flying around the station. When I say that medbay is boring, I mean that it's same-y and interesting medical dilemmas are rare. I want more stuff to do in medbay, not have to choose between hand-washing dishes and putting them in a dishwasher.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537742

Taraiph wrote:snope
You're right in that the examples you describe are all interesting things cloning could somewhat provide, even if one would have to argue about balancing a bit (adding resources to cloning could probably balance this a fair bit) and they are good arguments for why cloning should be kept in some form or shape, possibly to make these new functions the main job of the geneticist, since they are all infinitesimally more interesting than rolling gene blocks.

However, none of them are really arguments for cloning to be kept as the revival method. Being able to clone bodies for all these fun usages is cool, I admit, but is there any reason why it has to be a revival method? Make all clones braindead by default and we can actually balance out these fun strategies whilst still keeping MDs focused on reviving people in more engaging ways. You describe it as "the same three step surgery" but truth is as most complaints will tell you the actual process of reviving someone now requires you to actually analyze them and backtrack the individual sources of damage done to a person rather than the fire and forget clone button. I think we could dump a lot of this "fun project" mentality on geneticist, personally, since it's a job I feel the current main loop is lame as hell anyway, but these fun out there projects shouldn't be the main gameplay of Medbay which should be more about actual healing and such imo.

(All in all good post thanks for being an island of actual argumentation in this mess)
kopoba

Post by kopoba » #537748

Sheodir wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
That was never cited as an exploit far as I'm aware

There are other ways to revive Plasmamen (skip defib, rush to revival surgery, shower helps) but headswapping them also works just fine.
Well revival surgery also includes step with defibs that will fail i think.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #537751

Have cloning someone bring their ghost into a dangerous and scary world of purgatory. Smoke, chasms, spirit monsters. Only if you can manage to get out do you get cloned.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #537758

Remove cryo healing too but keep it as a way to bring down the body temperature of corpses who died in lava
BadSS13Player
Byond Username: BadSS13Player

Post by BadSS13Player » #537769

When talking about it in deadchat or in OOC people are usually of the opinion that it's a bad change that coders are going to force on them anyway, and that being in a testmerge means that it's going to be merged in some form anyway. I, of course, did see some people say that they like the change, but I'm pretty sure they're outnumbered by the people who don't.

IMO the PRs that were merged in order for this to be even considered for a testmerge have made it a lot more feasible to have cloning as a fallback. Since that's the case, cloning should not be removed but either not available roundstart or should not have upgradeable speed or mutation chance. All of that is simple to do in code right now and I can make a PR for any of those options.

Additionally, I don't really like surgery that much. It takes a long time and isn't very engaging, it's just the same steps every time with no space to innovate/improvise. The tend wounds surgeries are by far the biggest offenders, being three-step surgeries which take a very long time to complete (especially if the patient has clothes on).

This change kinda fucks with plasmamen a lot, making the only roundstart available revival method be a transplant to a human body or Strange Reagent (which is only theoretically roundstart available).

Many people that are in support of the removal in this thread seem to say this is a good thing or not as bad of a thing because dying should suck. That's bullshit, being dead isn't good for anyone but the one who killed you (either an antag or a shitter) and you make everyone spend less time playing the game so that MDs can have their gameplay.
Muncher21 wrote:Time to make setting up the SM take two button presses on a computer because "Engineer players can't be amazing and perfect" to set it up every time.
That's a non-argument. Setting up the default SM setup is quite quick and takes 0 thought, just mechanical button clicks. You also have like 15 minutes to do it and won't be diminishing anyone's fun if you don't do it as quick as possible.
Cobby wrote:I actually agree with this, hence why I look forward to some of the BS antag powers/arsenals getting toned down a bit.
Why does that have anything to do with cloning?
skoglol wrote:Event hall has been doing pretty well with it, this says more about the player mentality on terry tbh.
In my experience, it's usually doing terrible or doing well only because of Strange Reagent, which you want to nerf. Haven't played on Terry during the testmerge.
Anonmare wrote:Epipens have formaldehyde which stops organ decay. Why aren't y'all using them?
Epipens are a rare-ish non-recyclable item. Paramedics already start with a bottle of formaldehyde and a syringe, it should probably be their job to do it.
Lazengann wrote:Remove cryo healing too but keep it as a way to bring down the body temperature of corpses who died in lava
Cryo is basically the only way to cure toxin damage or all-around high amounts of damage without consequences or without waiting a long time. It is also usable when there are no MDs around.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #537771

Sheodir wrote:And hey, worst case scenario, we split a LRP and MRP codease. God knows I'm done with CRAB-17 in MRP.
May as well make one the normal codebase and the other the HRP codebase if that happens because MRP dies if it requires a different playstyle due to code changes.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #537773

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Sheodir wrote:And hey, worst case scenario, we split a LRP and MRP codease. God knows I'm done with CRAB-17 in MRP.
May as well make one the normal codebase and the other the HRP codebase if that happens because MRP dies if it requires a different playstyle due to code changes.
I'd be fine with this if it means I can keep OP stuff in like ash Drake transformation. There's no threat on MRP. Best you get is a spooky carriage ride.
► Show Spoiler
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #537779

BadSS13Player wrote: Setting up the default SM setup is quite quick and takes 0 thought
Absolutely not true, you only think that because you've done it a million times. If you really want to argue this, revival is just mechanical button clicks once you've learned how to do it, same as the SM.
BadSS13Player wrote: won't be diminishing anyone's fun if you don't do it as quick as possible.
I'm completely fine with massively increasing MD's fun at the expense of a few minutes of an ADHD greytiders time. Death isn't supposed to be fun.
BadSS13Player wrote: Cryo is basically the only way to cure toxin damage or all-around high amounts of damage without consequences or without waiting a long time.
Oh, you don't play the game, or know nothing about current medbay. Got it.

Bonus meme:
Spoiler:
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #537787

BadSS13Player wrote:This change kinda fucks with plasmamen a lot, making the only roundstart available revival method be a transplant to a human body or Strange Reagent (which is only theoretically roundstart available).
Just insert a heart and defib as normal 8-)
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #537792

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
it shouldnt be a separate codebase but some way to just flag things as 'no-mrp' in the code and have it be a server config would be good in the long term
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #537834

skoglol wrote:
BadSS13Player wrote:This change kinda fucks with plasmamen a lot, making the only roundstart available revival method be a transplant to a human body or Strange Reagent (which is only theoretically roundstart available).
Just insert a heart and defib as normal 8-)
if this actually works that's pretty epic
Spoiler:
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #537836

BadSS13Player wrote: Additionally, I don't really like surgery that much. It takes a long time and isn't very engaging, it's just the same steps every time with no space to innovate/improvise. The tend wounds surgeries are by far the biggest offenders, being three-step surgeries which take a very long time to complete (especially if the patient has clothes on).
Take the patients clothes off and spray them with a steriliser to make it faster. But yes, i want surgery to have a larger skill depth. It is probably not the time to that though until things have settled after the cloning removal.
I believe you can put a heart into a plasmaman and defib. Strange reagent is available roundstart if you want it to be, run to chapel and ask the chap to bless your water, it works every time. Failing that, mutate melons in the garden, you have dispenser access.
BadSS13Player wrote:Epipens are a rare-ish non-recyclable item. Paramedics already start with a bottle of formaldehyde and a syringe, it should probably be their job to do it.
The formaldehyde recipe is really easy and you have dispenser access, you can even apply it instantly on most patients with the dropper or damp rag. You can buy more epipens for 300 credits if you are lazy, I sometimes buy a few when i have bought my amputation shears.
BadSS13Player wrote:Cryo is basically the only way to cure toxin damage [...]without consequences or without waiting a long time. It is also usable when there are no MDs around.
Syriniver drips cures toxin damage faster than cryo, you just need to keep an eye on their syriniver levels and liver status. Being easy to use with no doctor around is a bad thing, healing should be difficult with no doctors.

NoxVS wrote:I think the limb grower should become a roundstart machine now that you can’t clone. It’s either that or have engineering build one every shift. In reality it rarely gets built, along with other medical machinery like the organ harvester
Getting limbs and organs is already too easy now.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #537842

nothing can change my mind that this is fucking stupid, i'd rather not spend 15 minutes being revived/reviving somebody because their neck split from their head, also noticed that if somebody went the extra mile and got rid of medical protolathe and defibs through ??? means that basically means permadeath unless botany isnt retarded
i do not like this change
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #537849

Anuv wrote:Have cloning someone bring their ghost into a dangerous and scary world of purgatory. Smoke, chasms, spirit monsters. Only if you can manage to get out do you get cloned.
Something like the bubblegum shuttle arena where they have to fight mobs, player-controlled and not, and other dead players. I like this
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #537853

Muncher21 wrote:
BadSS13Player wrote: Cryo is basically the only way to cure toxin damage or all-around high amounts of damage without consequences or without waiting a long time.

Bonus meme:
Spoiler:
He's right though. For toxins around 60+, or massive damage pre-surgery upgrades; cryo is the most effective method of treatment. It's also the most braindead for a non-doctor to use, which is good for lowpop/shitter medic rounds.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #537859

i dont think people who say cryo is faster than any other medical treatment are serious or even human beings, a literal bandage + a patch from the vendor fixes half your problems the other half is fixed in green medkits

if you think curing the patient who got hit by a rocket will take more than 5 min to fix becuase you literally not have any chemical, surgery tech, etc just find the barman monkey and head transfrer (2 surgeries with 3 steps each) lava'd miner? monkey swap, everything else is easly fixable organs dont degrate completly withing 15min which means they SELF HEAL once the dude is alive, and most side effects of damaged organs are barely noticeable and will disappear in 2min, the only thing that stops you from defibbing someone is having 180+ brute/burn damage which you can fix it just enough to defib and then heal with chems or white medkit or using the free treat wounds surgery or if you are on a hurry just splash sinthflesh on the idiot . poisons? pentetic acid poof radiations? pentetic acid poof too retarded to follow botton pressing youtube pentetic acid tutorial? use the retarded stomach pump surgery which you can do on a fucking stasis bed that removes any effort of thinking and doing shit fast . brain damage? retarded chems or retarded surgery poof nothing more than 10 clicks, blood loss? click with bandage, bucke to stasis bed and play a mini game of finding which blood you can insert into a man, but even if you are dumb enough to give the dude the wrong blood letter there is little to 0 negative effects as you can just give him pentetic acid or lung-be-gone multiver to remove the toxins
you cant do the medjob during a revolition or ops or murderbone mc joe with carp agressively hugging people in the halls? play on manuel so you can treat your 3 o'clock appendix while roleplaying as succubus md doc (male)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #537867

You can do engineering but you can't do md

Murderbone bias???
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537868

deedubya wrote:
Muncher21 wrote:

Bonus meme:
Spoiler:
He's right though. For toxins around 60+, or massive damage pre-surgery upgrades; cryo is the most effective method of treatment. It's also the most braindead for a non-doctor to use, which is good for lowpop/shitter medic rounds.
Dee I gotta second what others have said and wonder how long has it been since you played Medbay in any real capacity. Cryo has become a bit of a meme for a reason - if anything it serves very little purpose right now. Other methods of treatment are much, much faster and more efficient which leads to using cryo being the hallmark of a completely new or inexperienced Doctor. Cryo hasn't been the "most efficient" method of high damage fixing since at least 2016 when I believe Cryoxadone got hard nerfed.