Lumi Pharon, validhunting an innocent

Post by Reimoo » #53792

Your byond account: Reimoo
Your character name: Randomized
Their character name: Lumi Pharon
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): I don't know
Server and time: Sybil, 10pm EST
Logs and/or screenshots: N/A
Description of what happened: So I'm playing an engineer, and I hear an explosion coming from engineering. Apparently the PA's been bombed, and I go to check it out. I walk into engineering, and the CE (Lumi) is standing there with an other engineer. Without any words being exchanged, he whips out his baton, chases me, and beats me. I repeatedly ask him what the fuck he's doing, to no response. I'm getting fed up with this, so I disarm him, take his baton, stun him, and run away. The other engineer sees this and they chase me into a maint tunnel where they beat me into crit. Meanwhile the shuttle docks and the CE then drags me, dying, past medbay, and he throws my dead corpse into the brig shuttle.
Why they should be banned: Although I was told he was already warned for it, I feel that a warning doesn't excuse such behavior. I want this player banned because he was clearly looking for valids with little regard to evidence, and this behavior came at the heavy expense of someone who just happened to be a bystander.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Lumi Pharon, validhunting an innocent

Post by lumipharon » #53794

CE here. I was working on a project in space, with every single engineer with me, except Dylan. There had been another engineer, but he round start suicided, and another engineer said he had his ID. So as far as I knew, the only people that could access the locked and unemagged PA room where I found the bomb, was Dylan, and the hop (who had the captain's ID).
The HoP seemed perfectly trustworthy all shift, where as the only time I had even seen Dylan was once in maint during a radiation event, and hadn't ever heard them on radio.

After the bom goes off, Dylan immediately appears in engineering, and I say to the other engineer something along the lines of 'he did it' or 'he bombed it', I can't remember exactly.
I chased Dylan out of engineering with my baton, and stun him, and try drag him to sec. I didn't talk at that time because if you stop using the baton for a moment they can escape from the short stun.
Dylan eventually manages to disarm me and runs off with the baton, and me and the other engineer pursue, eventually cornering him in maint and critting him.
I check his shit, find no syndie shit, and say to the other engineer, if this guy didn't bomb the pa, it might have been the HoP.
I then drag Dylan in crit to medbay, and get the pings from admins along the way. Dylan then dies not far from mdbay, while I'm responding to ahelps.

So as it turned out, yes I did suspect the wrong person (turns out that the suicide engineer got cloned, the other engineer gave him back his ID, then he immediately killed himself in maint again), however as far as I knew there were only two people that could have opened the PA shutters, the HoP who had been in communication with me all shift, and Dylan who I hadn't seen doing or saying anything. After failing to nonharmfully detain him I critted him (my baton was lost somewhere in maint), and he died on his way to medbay, most likely because ahelps.

So yeah, I had no intention of killing you, I was simply wanted to get you brigged on the shuttle. So while I'm sorry I suspected an innocent person, you were the best suspect I had, with the information I at my disposal.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #53795

Okay so quick note
Taking into account the situation and Lumi Pharons ban history I decided to apply a warning instead of a ban.
The CE believed that he was dealing with someone who had let loose the singularity. His reasoning for this was because every engineer but Reimoo was with him when the singularity was let loose this coupled with Reimoo disarming him led him to believe that Reimoo was the one responsible for letting the singularity loose.

However if another admin wants to take a look at this and reconsider the punishment I'm fine with that but I believe it was fair considering what the situation.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #53796

The biggest reason I'm upset is that from my perspective, I get basically mugged and killed by my coworkers without any words being exchanged. A quick "Hey, stop!" would have defused this before it even began, but apparently that wasn't an option considering how quick Lumi was to run up to me and start wordlessly beating my face in. Self defense was naturally what I had to resort to.

Also, I wasn't involved with the rest of the engineering team because I arrived midway into the round.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #53797

I never harmed you until after I lost my baton, I was just stunning you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #53803

Sorry, but an admin's already given judgement on this one. If you have an issue with how it was handled, sometinyprick was the one who issued the warning.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you