Post by BurgerBB » #524388

BYOND account: BurgerBB
Character name: Marcus Burgs
Admin in question: HenriqueKill9576
When did it take place: Novermber 16th, 2019, 4:20 PM PST
Round ID in which ban was placed: 1942
Evidence: https://i.imgur.com/ExsreJy.png https://i.imgur.com/7faNOgK.png
Your side of the story:

HenriqueKill9576 complained about the map being bad in OOC several times in the past and in this round. I didn't mind the comments, I think it's context that's needed.

I was observing as Marcus Burgs as I created the map that the server was currently playing on, Desert Outpost, and needed to check for bugs, balance issues, and whatnot. I was carefully observing the survivor because I needed to see if survivor on this map was balanced as there were some issues before. I noticed that the survivor was hiding behind a table by resting, and pointed it out, hilariously. Without warning, HenriqueKill9576 then proceeded to delete the table and go "no, no hiding" in deadchat despite hiding not being against the rules or anything. The survivor was then left pretty fucked as they had 0 barricades or anything to cover themselves behind, and were soon captured and killed by the xenomorphs. The survivor tried building barricades, but couldn't as there were 3 xenos around them and they couldn't build it fast enough. When I protested their action, they then spawned 3 barricades in place of the table and went "here's your barricades", but this was after they were captured by xenomorphs. It ruined my observations of the survivor and it will be unlikely I will get this opportunity again.

Later they started to do more adminbus things, such as send anime uniforms down to the FOB, and then send a BSA to chase marines who wore them which ate up a lot of time. This caused the marine shutters not to be opened until the 40 minute mark, and the FOB to be improperly set up and made. They then later mapped in a small room with incinerator weapons, some MREs, and a monkey VERY close to the FOB mid game and told marines to get it. They also spawned a commando or some supersolider in the end when the xenos attacked to "punish the marines" who kept asking for a certain type of ERT, which made the xenos lose.

Given all of what they've said about the map, their constant complaining and backhanded compliments, and what they've done, it 150% feels like they were only doing this because they didn't like the map and started doing disruptive shit like a child. This shouldn't really be acceptable for an admin to do.
Henriquekill9576
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [COMPLAINT] HenriqueKill9576 BurgerBB

Post by Henriquekill9576 » #524448

I noticed that the survivor was hiding behind a table by resting, and pointed it out, hilariously. Without warning, HenriqueKill9576 then proceeded to delete the table and go "no, no hiding" in deadchat despite hiding not being against the rules or anything.
While yes, the timing of that was pretty bad on my part, I did that mainly because I am 99% sure that this is really not intended, hiding behind a table as survivor leaves 0 chance for the xenos to find you.
It ruined my observations of the survivor and it will be unlikely I will get this opportunity again.
Your observations were pretty much over from the point that he decided to hide under the table. If I didn't do that, you would have just watched him for the entire round sitting behind the table and getting up when hearing gun fire.
Later they started to do more adminbus things, such as send anime uniforms down to the FOB, and then send a BSA to chase marines who wore them which ate up a lot of time. This caused the marine shutters not to be opened until the 40 minute mark, and the FOB to be improperly set up and made.
Yes, that was mostly me testing pods reverse system and how they worked exactly. I am pretty sure it didn't cause delaying since I was only there for about 3 minutes. The FOB ended it being built as it should have been with no other disturbance aside from the xenos.
then later mapped in a small room with incinerator weapons, some MREs, and a monkey VERY close to the FOB mid game and told marines to get it.
The whole point of this was to imitate JPR's idea and spawn a little supply pod every round that may or may not contain good items for the marines, I dont see how a monkey, MREs and 3 additional flamer would fuck up the round for anybody.
They also spawned a commando or some supersolider in the end when the xenos attacked to "punish the marines" who kept asking for a certain type of ERT, which made the xenos lose.
A supersoldier? That was literally 1 normal UPP man that was apparently very robust, you missunderstood everything here. I made the ERT to punish the people who constantly kept asking for it in dchat in form of sending them to their doom alone. Not the marines, that also did not cause the xenos to lose, as everything that was left on the ground even before the UPP man came in, was a normal Hunter which then i sent the alamo to bring him to the ship.
Given all of what they've said about the map, their constant complaining and backhanded compliments, and what they've done, it 150% feels like they were only doing this because they didn't like the map and started doing disruptive shit like a child. This shouldn't really be acceptable for an admin to do.
And you misunderstood something again... I am probably the only person in this Earth that actually likes the map, give me examples of bad things I've said about the map (not counting the old LZ since that has changed) and I will accept your point here.
grinkgo
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [COMPLAINT] HenriqueKill9576 BurgerBB

Post by grinkgo » #538788

Hello and thank you for your patience with this report. We've finally reached a point where we're able to prioritize this admin complaint.

The first thing I do want to note is that, unrelated to this case, Henrique has since ceased being an admin. However, for the sake of resolving this case a judgment will still be passed. For the most part, much of what Henrique did wasn't too out of the ordinary. However I do see issue with the table deletion. Since it was a new map, abusable features should've been reported to dev-general. I personally don't think that hiding under a table is so game-breaking that it warranted an adminbus. Of course, if multiple people had been hiding under a table like that, I could see justification with its deletion. In the future I think it will be beneficial that we as an admin team keep adminbus on new test maps to a minimum, as messing with the round can certainly influence the results and feedback of such tests.

Thank you for your report and we will see to it that similar situations do not occur again.