18%
None of these
39%

Total votes: 33

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: wizards

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #538793

This is my attempt at a "not shit" thread.
Wizard has gained a lot of hatred over the years, and now it's nothing more than a murderbone role, as friendly(ew) or gimmicky wizards either get validhunted, or... don't exist at all. Let's discuss the current state and possible future of this antag. Here are some suggestions:
Attachments
Wiz.mp3 (online-audio-converter.com).mp3
(211.88 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #538794

Disabling in config seems like the best method so admins can still do events with it or the individual spells. Maybe even incorporate some of the tamer spells into other modes
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #538805

The "hatred" of wizard has very often been a overstated forum thing vs popularity in in-game polls, so you're gonna have a hard time convincing the headmins that now is the Time:tm: to remove Wizard
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #538808

Just make a poll in game
[this space reserved]
Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Re: Re: wizards

Post by Horza » #538809

Just remove summon guns/summon events/body-mind-face-swaps, don't make the round end immediately on wiz death before a certain point into the round (or at all), and nobody would have any problems with wizzes. The only salt I've ever seen from wiz rounds have been due to these things, especially events and swaps.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #538814

Horza wrote:Just remove summon guns/summon events/body-mind-face-swaps, don't make the round end immediately on wiz death before a certain point into the round (or at all), and nobody would have any problems with wizzes. The only salt I've ever seen from wiz rounds have been due to these things, especially events and swaps.
literally this

im going to be very salty if wiz gets removed/disabled without at least a test merge of a pr that stops rounds from ending when wizards die

hell if people think its too boring like that just make wizard death raise the chances of side antags spawning for the rest of the round
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #538830

replacing the events that nobody likes like name swap, mind swap, race swap with something more RPG style (maybe some cool ghost roles that fight against/for crew would fix summon events
make summon magic/guns/braincancer timed to end after 10 min and delete all guns
and maybe adding less deadly and more annoying to deal/fun spells so wiz are more likely to buy summon a 9x9 square of banana peels over fireball+blink+rod+traps+jaunt cancer combo
rest is fixed by dynamic on all servers ?

oh right there is antag freeze for the whole year so we cant fix shit about antags
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #538832

the antag freeze ended like yesterday
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #538835

Part of me thinks Wizard would make a great midround neutral/hostile antag like the space ninja is.

It would be interesting for wizards to get "protect" objectives, or other such not directly hostile objectives. I mean, space wizards are supposed to be crazy, so it makes sense for them to want to protect some joe schmo or help someone if some silly divination says they will gain something if they do.

This would also give wizard a place on the RP server.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #538841

Making the round not end on wizard death would fix most of the problems with wizard. Seeing the station try to function post wizard fuckery could be fun.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #538844

What about removing/nerfing murder-y spells like fireball, timestop, mutate etc?
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #538853

Tarchonvaagh wrote:What about removing/nerfing murder-y spells like fireball, timestop, mutate etc?
Leave them. Wizards shouldn’t be toothless. It ought to still be dangerous to approach a wizard.
► Show Spoiler
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #538903

There's a handful of problem spells (summon magic is always stupid, summon events is almost always bad, maybe summon guns but only because of the other problem spells, blood demon should require higher population, etc) but a good wizard round is pretty fun. I don't see why it would require removal or a total rework.