Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:18 pm #538868

confused rock wrote:Ahh yes, the horrible gutting of the magical future stuff known as "gangsters" and "not needing money"
Lavaland is the most bullshit magical future shit ever and look at that, we keep getting it.


tsk tsk tsk.

You forget the space gangsters could by mechs, turrets, and uzi's from their gangster uplink.

Also dominators.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?



User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Qbopper » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:34 pm #538869

My main issue with your utterly moronic complaint about skirts is that you only are complaining about skirts and not the variety of other stupid insane bullshit in the game

The fact alone that an ostensibly high profile, expensive research station has formal postings for fucking clowns and mimes already shatters the notion that skirts and other funny outfits are somehow immersion breaking

Your entire argument is based in a really poorly thought out comparison to star trek because you want to justify the fact that you don't think people should be allowed to wear funny outfits

If you're serious about this topic you should also be advocating for the removal of clown/mimes, the removal of all nonstandard clothing, the removal of basically anything slightly wacky, etc etc, all because you think fucking skirts, a piece of clothing somwhere around half the population (give or take because of personal preference and societal standards) wears

I am genuinely baffled as to how you can claim skirts are somehow what kills the vive of this game when the vibe of this game is already a wacky space station and I find it difficult to engage in a discussion on this topic because it really genuinely feels like a bad faith post

Complaining about skirts is barely even on topic and I'm not going to keep discussing it because this discussion will, as usual, go nowhere, because this has been a back and forth debate on the forums and shit for years even though literally no one but a minority of people actually give half a damn about the stuff that is allegedly so destructive to the game's tone

If everyone on the station spawns at roundstart with the most elaborate and stupid outfits then I'll be willing to hear you out but the existence of fucking skirts does not somehow shatter the game's tone, and the fact that you think it does makes me assume you have an ulterior motive

Edit: also I don't know what your source is on the actresses on star trek giving up the skirts thing is because I'm almost certain multiple people in TNG wore jumpsuits with skirt bottoms, including men, though I admittedly am not sure
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Anonmare » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:08 pm #538877

Spoilering because this discussion is dumb
Spoiler:
TNG had a guy in a jumpskirt in the very first episode, and jumpskirts were a pretty Trek thing for women too and not just in TOS.

Image
Image



If I had my way and professional spriters at my beck and call - I would make everything Used Future and Cassete Futurism
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:08 pm #538879

oranges should watch venture bros
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Sheodir
 
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Sheodir » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:13 pm #538881

Farquaar wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:they wore skirts in star trek

1. They were dresses/minidresses, not skirts
2. They got rid of them because they looked stupid, and the actresses were clearly uncomfortable wearing them.


Jumpskirts are fine. It's weird to take issue with them since they're really more of an RP thing to more easily tell gender apart at a glance in a pixel game since before it was long hair=female and short hair=male instantaneously. What a weird thing to get hung up on.

Skirt uniforms were pretty default on retro futuristic shows and movies.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby oranges » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:29 pm #538906

PKPenguin321 wrote:
oranges wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
oranges wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Isnt it weird how oranges can make personal attacks on people in the coding feedback forum but anyone else would get put on post approval for calling people a broke brain retardanaut?

do you want to end up on post approval?

i know this is bants but im p sure this is mod abuse so dont

what are you gonna do bitch ass? This is my kingdom

probably perma forum ban you until mso gets here considering im global

Then i'll be forced to delete you from the forum db.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Armhulen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:51 pm #538920

PKPenguin321 wrote:oranges should watch venture bros

probably the best thing to take out of this thread
go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:12 pm #538945

How'd my rant thread about OP shit getting removed turn into a thread about skirts

really makes you think it

Also +1 on watching the venture bros.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:53 pm #538968

Image
coderbus
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby PKPenguin321 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 am #538997

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Image
coderbus

LOL
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:40 am #539008

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Image
coderbus

LOL

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Farquaar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 am #539021

Qbopper wrote:paragraphs

How you took an off-hand comment about how skirt uniforms were anime and turned that into a multi-paragraph essay on how I want mimes and clowns removed from the game is beyond me.

Anonmare wrote:If I had my way and professional spriters at my beck and call - I would make everything Used Future and Cassete Futurism

A lot of elements in SS13 already fit that bill. That sort of aesthetic is right at home in a place where sentient robots exist alongside pump shotguns and PDAs with the power of a tamagotchi.

User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Denton » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:04 pm #539055

Phew I almost posted an honest reply to a Shadowflame thread
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby confused rock » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:20 pm #539075

Mfw shadowflame tries to argue gangs are magic since they can teleport in non magic stuff
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Qbopper » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:49 pm #539082

Farquhar you complained about my one line reply and then you complained about me actually trying to express why I think your position is stupid and you didn't even address any of my points, you just tried to disparage me by saying "lol why'd u write all that"

This is why absolutely no one takes you seriously
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Armhulen » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 pm #539132

Denton wrote:Phew I almost posted an honest reply to a Shadowflame thread

that's how they get you, you look at the shadowflame post and go "wtf" then enough replies come in that you forget how stupid the original post truly was

"THIS GAME ISN'T WACKY ANYMORE

HERE IS A LIST OF CODE CHANGES I DISAGREE WITH"
go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:27 pm #539133

confused rock wrote:Mfw shadowflame tries to argue gangs are magic since they can teleport in non magic stuff


Read the second word after magical.

Also I miss chameleon guns. That item crashed the server so it had to be removed. But it was fun galore

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby confused rock » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:33 pm #539134

Shadowflame arguing uzis are future stuff
Image
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby deedubya » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:35 pm #539135

Farquaar wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Farquaar wrote:This brings a tear to my eye as well.

Also, I’m sad about what jumpskirts did to the game’s aesthetic. Went from Star Trek to anime really quickly.


extremely fucking dumb post

You're free to disagree with me, but at least be constructive.

yeah because your post was clearly so constructive and high quality that it deserved an equally high quality and constructive reply
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Anonmare » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 pm #539137

You know it's bad when deedubya is dabbing on you.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:38 pm #539138

confused rock wrote:Shadowflame arguing uzis are future stuff


When you summon it from thin air yeah. That's the magical future part

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:42 pm #539141

Armhulen wrote:
Denton wrote:Phew I almost posted an honest reply to a Shadowflame thread

that's how they get you, you look at the shadowflame post and go "wtf" then enough replies come in that you forget how stupid the original post truly was

"THIS GAME ISN'T WACKY ANYMORE

HERE IS A LIST OF CODE CHANGES I DISAGREE WITH"



Am I wrong though. Any goofy stuff has been given to antags, while the crew has to deal with a jaded and crappy dystopian future version of nanotransen.

Why is the syndicate stealing from nanotransen anymore if all its tech is better now.

Smh Lore break

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Farquaar » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:38 pm #539222

Qbopper wrote:Farquhar you complained about my one line reply and then you complained about me actually trying to express why I think your position is stupid and you didn't even address any of my points, you just tried to disparage me by saying "lol why'd u write all that"

Length is not a function of post quality. “Skirts are silly and clowns are silly, so you must want clowns removed from the game” is a huge stretch, no matter how many words it takes you to say it. At no point did I express that all silly things should be removed from the game, nor was I hyperbolic enough to say skirts were killing the vibe of the game.

Heck, my original post was defending an extendo arm PR.

Anonmare, Crag and Oranges have disagreed with my opinion on skirts and the game’s aesthetic adequately and with brevity. You, however, have written the most and while saying the least.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:25 am #539233

sir, you are not just a clown sir, you are the entire circus.

Good day.

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Qbopper » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:46 am #539256

Farquaar wrote:Anonmare, Crag and Oranges have disagreed with my opinion on skirts and the game’s aesthetic adequately and with brevity. You, however, have written the most and while saying the least.


that's because I don't respect your opinion
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Farquaar » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:13 am #539272

Philistines, the whole lot a' ye

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:23 am #539298

Explains why you keep swinging the jawbone of an ass at us
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Qbopper » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:40 pm #539372

I sort of regret my post above for being needlessly dickish but I will continue to stand by my opinion of people who think shit like skirts or catpeople is ruining the game
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is magical future stuff not the memo anymore?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:41 pm #539374

Qbopper wrote:I sort of regret my post above for being needlessly dickish but I will continue to stand by my opinion of people who think shit like skirts or catpeople is ruining the game



don't be a male catenist (boy)

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Previous

Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sheodir