Prisoner Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Prisoner Feedback

Post by RaveRadbury » #538930

The prisoner role has been merged. I coded it.

It is currently in a very basic and neutral state. I would like to encourage the community to PR changes and additions to this role.

Please leave feedback here. Thank you.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Prisoner Feedback

Post by Qbopper » #538937

I haven't looked at the PR, but I was curious - do prisoners start off in the sec database as arrested/incarcerated/whatever? Might be a nice touch. You could also add a randomly generated crime entry for them
Limey wrote:its too late.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #538943

Qbopper wrote:I haven't looked at the PR, but I was curious - do prisoners start off in the sec database as arrested/incarcerated/whatever? Might be a nice touch. You could also add a randomly generated crime entry for them
Not yet but I suppose this should be prioritized.

My question is - do you intend to now revamp perma and the gulag to fit this change? I'm totally not just asking because my timed brig removal is being hell because mapping sucks, no sir.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #538971

looking forward to testing this out
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #538990

There was a great idea in the PR and now that antag freeze is over:

Antag objective to break out a prisoner from his cell and have his escape on the shuttle alive and well.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #539032

this is FUN af
kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #539036

Arathian wrote:There was a great idea in the PR and now that antag freeze is over:

Antag objective to break out a prisoner from his cell and have his escape on the shuttle alive and well.
Awesome idea and simple
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #539037

Some more ghetto weaponry would be a nice addition. For example making a shiv out of a shard of glass and 1 cloth, both things that can be obtained in perma. It doesnt need to do any more damage than a normal shard but it shouldnt cut your hands.

Also make the bathroom cistern useable as a barman still, for prison wine, also some way to open it without a crowbar.

Time to start watching prison movies for ideas!
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539136

Bring back gangs, enable Prisoners to start as gang members

yeehaw
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #539149

average prisoner on terry

They need a policy
Are they antags? Are they allowed to act like antags? Do they have relaxed escalation rules?
Attachments
tgStation Terry [EU] [100% LAG FREE] [New-Dedi] Production Fortification 48 2020-02-03 195945.png
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #539171

I suggest making them not crew-aligned, such as ghost roles and silicons, and give them escalation rules similar to the passive neutral ghost roles (don't kill or be killed without a good reason) but I don't have the time or patience to write down every hard rule. Really, just consider using what would be considered a reasonable amount of force to accomplish a goal.

If it would get you bwoinked as a free golem or a pod vaulter - then it's probably something you shouldn't be doing.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539172

Controversial take but I want them to have full antag rules, anything goes. This way Sec has a great incentive to keep them locked up, and it gives almost every shift a chance for a full blown traitor even if it's greenshift or the actual traitors die off early.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #539176

Perma needs a way to send messages to the Lawyer office, like a pager that lets lawyers know that they're wanted.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #539185

why the fuck is a job that sits in permabrig all shift so contested like i never get it omg
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #539187

Armhulen wrote:why the fuck is a job that sits in permabrig all shift so contested like i never get it omg
yeah warden worked out well enough
[this space reserved]
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #539191

Anonmare wrote:Perma needs a way to send messages to the Lawyer office, like a pager that lets lawyers know that they're wanted.
Perma has a holopad (on meta at least). Maybe the lawyer's office should get one too?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #539192

prisoners turn into valid hunt gang there is no prison its a elevated platform above the station

its assistant police

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
RandolfTheMeh
Byond Username: RandolfTheMeh

Post by RandolfTheMeh » #539205

bobbahbrown wrote:prisoners turn into valid hunt gang there is no prison its a elevated platform above the station

its assistant police
Hi there Bobbah,

I am having a difficult time understand your last post on the Prisoner Feedback thread. As this team is built on crowdfunded efforts, it is my belief that everyone's feedback is incredibly important to the game, and instead of misinterpreting your post as what may be done currently, I'd like for you to take this opportunity to divulge your thoughts on the role of 'prisoner' (in our open-source game that we both play) in a way that is less sophisticated so that there may be understanding with no room for mistaken opinion.

Sincerely,
RandolfTheMeh
Rarely posts
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #539206

Sheodir wrote:Controversial take but I want them to have full antag rules, anything goes. This way Sec has a great incentive to keep them locked up, and it gives almost every shift a chance for a full blown traitor even if it's greenshift or the actual traitors die off early.
There should be a chance they are a full blown antag (like 10%) with a 45% of semi-antag (loose escalation a-la prisoner escape or purged AI) and 45% normal escalation.

So prisoners can reasonably plead innocence while sometimes being not innocent.
Iron, blood and spider armies
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #539215

can you not argue policy in the code feedback thread. Thanks.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #539219