CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Post by Dr_bee » #539174

Bottom post of the previous page:

Sheodir wrote: Honestly, this is all coming to mean "removing cloning necessitates remapping the entirety of Medbay".
Having played a round with a lot of casualties, yes. Medbay does not have any sort of flow, there is no place to store people waiting for treatment, treating people is done in a high as fuck traffic area because stasis beds are too good not to use.

Medbay needs a remap bad if doctors are expected to actually work instead of being glorified patch dispensers.
BadSS13Player
Byond Username: BadSS13Player

Post by BadSS13Player » #539316

IMO now that players have more experience with non-cloning revival and there were PRs to improve it, the PR should be un-testmerge in order to test new Medbay with cloning.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #539329

Im gonna catch a lot of flack for this but i would be happy if cloning was brought back but with stiffer requirements like needing the broth to be stocked with chemicals and having the person doing the cloning having to sit there and babysit the tube and perform maintenance minigames to ensure the clone doesnt come out nonviable, fucked up, or as a ravenous hostile blob of angry tumors. The doctor still has to be "engaged" and i would NOT BE IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING MEDBAY DEALING WITH ALL THESE RETARDS SHOVING PAST ME FOR THE SOLE REASON OF MAKING MY DAY A LITTLE MORE IRRITATING.

Plus i like the cloning fitting with Nanotrasen being so callous with their employees lives and souls and i miss having lots of dead bodies that were cloned that you could harvest organa from, play with, and turn into burgies
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539336

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Im gonna catch a lot of flack for this but i would be happy if cloning was brought back but with stiffer requirements like needing the broth to be stocked with chemicals and having the person doing the cloning having to sit there and babysit the tube and perform maintenance minigames to ensure the clone doesnt come out nonviable, fucked up, or as a ravenous hostile blob of angry tumors. The doctor still has to be "engaged" and i would NOT BE IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING MEDBAY DEALING WITH ALL THESE RETARDS SHOVING PAST ME FOR THE SOLE REASON OF MAKING MY DAY A LITTLE MORE IRRITATING.

Plus i like the cloning fitting with Nanotrasen being so callous with their employees lives and souls and i miss having lots of dead bodies that were cloned that you could harvest organa from, play with, and turn into burgies
I was watching WARS IN THE STARS THE SIXTH yesterday and I realized that coupled with what you said one thing would be a great incentive to make people use surgery over cloning, and it'd be aside from the genetic damage to start with a fair bit of organ damage. Not non-functional levels, but higher in the non essential parts - so you stumble out of cloning half-blind, with a stutter and a mighty headache.

I actually like the corporate angle to souls and bodies you mentioned - hell, I always pictured Lavaland mining as basically proof Nanotrasen will go extract energy from Hell if they have to, Doom 2016 style, but feel we are not out of the adaptational period to new Medbay yet.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #539337

If you want it realistic go play bay or civ13
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #539353

It's annoying to have people push you around while you're reviving someone but you can just use one of the surgery rooms or have medbay sec deal with trespassers. From what I've seen, the new reviving is faster than old cloning with the exception maybe of really old corpses (who are likely soulless anyway). I like that you can remove and replace non-functional organs in a single step instead of having to do multiple surgeries. Also I hate cobbychem because I don't understand it, so I only use tend wounds to heal people, this raises med skill and surgery speed thus making those long surgery steps like brain or heart fixing much more bearable.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #539360

Grazyn wrote:From what I've seen, the new reviving is faster than old cloning
lmao if true
Grazyn wrote:Also I hate cobbychem because I don't understand it
me too. he could have written a guide
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #539373

I don't think medbay needs more buffs before we remove cloning except maybe a handheld surgical computer(A surgical app for the modular laptops would be cool.) to enable doctors to revive patients in "the field".
Dr_bee wrote:treating people is done in a high as fuck traffic area because stasis beds are too good not to use.
The solution is to remove stasis.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Ii would NOT BE IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING MEDBAY DEALING WITH ALL THESE RETARDS SHOVING PAST ME FOR THE SOLE REASON OF MAKING MY DAY A LITTLE MORE IRRITATING.
Use the surgery theatre, i do, you can use formaldehyde to prevent organ decay.

It is much more engaging to use an appropriate mixture of medicines to keep the patient alive while you fix their blood loss / poisoning / heart failure / romerol tumour than relying on the crutch that is the magic stasis machine that prevents you from ever losing a patient.
Sheodir wrote:Maybe Medbay could have some form of "Spacing Treatment Kit" of some sort that starts with a couple patches amidst random burn treatment and epinephrine medipens. Not a lot, but just something to offset roundstart husks.
Maybe husking should be a real issue rather than the trivial annoyance it is now. It takes like 3 seconds at the chem dispenser to fix.

Treating husking right now is about as easy as it can get.
Last edited by Kryson on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #539377

Small brain: hard removal
Big brain: removal after a lot of testing and adjustments
Galaxy brain: making a system so unrecognizable that players pretend it doesn't exist anymore
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539383

Kryson wrote:snippity snoppity this post was enormity
This is like the shadow opposite of the pro cloning complaints by people who don't play, anti cloning complaints by people who don't play

Stasis beds are used because they're needed, formaldehyde has a lot overdose threshold and tends to go by too fast by tics in its current form, and there are too little surgery theatres for the usual amount of wounded going around at any one time. Formaldehyde is currently more balanced for the journey to Medbay, stasis is harmless in its current form and husking requiring a somewhat irritating to make resource to heal is... honestly, it bothers me a bit, but it's better than nothing. If rebalanced I'd like it to be a surgery that has a step that uses synthflesh but I have no idea how code-worthy that'd be given chem amounts can be variable in a patch or pill.

But keeping it fixable by synthflesh is probably fine, since it only works after you heal the body significantly anyway. It's a sufficient delay.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #539407

I agree with a stasis nerf, likely maling them part reliant. I have some ideas for how that would work.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #539409

skoglol wrote:I agree with a stasis nerf, likely maling them part reliant. I have some ideas for how that would work.
Would be cool if it slowed body functions instead of stopping them outright when you have no upgrades. How slow would be upgrade dependent with the full stop at max upgrade, and then you could toggle between speeds with alt-click.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #539410

PKPenguin321 wrote:
skoglol wrote:I agree with a stasis nerf, likely maling them part reliant. I have some ideas for how that would work.
Would be cool if it slowed body functions instead of stopping them outright when you have no upgrades. How slow would be upgrade dependent with the full stop at max upgrade, and then you could toggle between speeds with alt-click.
emagging rapidly aging and really quickly running the body hell yes
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #539414

Sheodir wrote: This is like the shadow opposite of the pro cloning complaints by people who don't play, anti cloning complaints by people who don't play

Stasis beds are used because they're needed, formaldehyde has a lot overdose threshold and tends to go by too fast by tics in its current form.
This is a very ironic post.

I am well aware how the formaldehyde corpse preservation mechanic works, because i was the one who added it.

formaldehyde has no overdose threshold.

formaldehyde is a toxin, which means 3u and below is pretty much harmless.

1u formaldehyde is enough to keep a corpse fresh forever since corpses do not process reagent. Something with an infinite duration cannot reasonably be considered to wear off too fast.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539433

Kryson wrote: This is a very ironic post.

I am well aware how the formaldehyde corpse preservation mechanic works, because i was the one who added it.

formaldehyde has no overdose threshold.

formaldehyde is a toxin, which means 3u and below is pretty much harmless.

1u formaldehyde is enough to keep a corpse fresh forever since corpses do not process reagent. Something with an infinite duration cannot reasonably be considered to wear off too fast.
I consider basically husking the corpse the overdose. However, the fact the reagent never ticks down is new to me. I use the analyzer on corpses a little after bringing them to Medbay and the formaldehyde is usually missing from the chems list. Are you sure they're not processed or lost somehow? Are they phased out when the patient is revived?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #539454

when they are alive they get processed like every other reagent, toxins specifically getting btfo'd by the liver at a threshold.

formaldehyde to my knowledge doesn't husk a corpse and it's a trash poison if you plan on using it as such.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539470

Cobby wrote:when they are alive they get processed like every other reagent, toxins specifically getting btfo'd by the liver at a threshold.

formaldehyde to my knowledge doesn't husk a corpse and it's a trash poison if you plan on using it as such.
I've distinctly twice now saw formaldehyde husking someone when injected over a certain threshold, it was like two syringefuls or so

I'm not crazy
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #539476

Sheodir wrote:I'm not crazy
You are crazy.

Formaldehyde and histamine does all the other damage types but burn, the only one able to husk you.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539478

skoglol wrote:
Sheodir wrote:I'm not crazy
You are crazy.

Formaldehyde and histamine does all the other damage types but burn, the only one able to husk you.
I'm trying to think what happened but am not gonna derail the thread

DM me your theories no they weren't on fire or in space
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #539503

Sheodir wrote: I consider basically husking the corpse the overdose. However, the fact the reagent never ticks down is new to me. I use the analyzer on corpses a little after bringing them to Medbay and the formaldehyde is usually missing from the chems list. Are you sure they're not processed or lost somehow? Are they phased out when the patient is revived?
In a sense, yes. Very, very low toxin doses get obliterated by your liver effectively instantly. Since formaldehyde is a toxin that just so happens to be decent at keeping your organs from turning into even more of a worthless slurry than they already are a mere six seconds after you die, it leaves the body pretty quickly. Of course, if you aren't using a dropper to increment two units of formaldehyde into your patient then they will probably die of histamine poisoning mere seconds after revival.

At any rate, I've kinda given up on trying to explain my end to the brick wall. Just let me know when you're porting baymed so I can get in on the ground floor.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #539591

I just wanna say, this has made saving plasmamen that much harder as any role in medical. If at the very least it's definitely made plasmamen that much more difficult to survive as on the station since there isn't actually even a last resort method to revive them sort of body transplants.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539597

NecromancerAnne wrote:I just wanna say, this has made saving plasmamen that much harder as any role in medical. If at the very least it's definitely made plasmamen that much more difficult to survive as on the station since there isn't actually even a last resort method to revive them sort of body transplants.
The most common plasmeme revival still works

Shower, open em up, plop a heart and defib
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #539598

NecromancerAnne wrote:I just wanna say, this has made saving plasmamen that much harder as any role in medical. If at the very least it's definitely made plasmamen that much more difficult to survive as on the station since there isn't actually even a last resort method to revive them sort of body transplants.
The revival surgery works if you dehusk them and repair their wounds on a stasis bed because they dont burst into treats on a stasis bed
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #539606

you just need to stick a heart in the plasmaman and defib
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #539608

Had a really fucked up round last night on Manuel where a muderboning lingtraitor killed me almost immediately into a round. I was a traitor myself, so I waited through being husked and recovered as my body was taken to medbay for repairs. They didn't dehusk me, and rather took my brain out to put into a new body. My brain however, didn't move my soul, so my soul remained in the husked body unable to be used, and they created a catatonic body with my brain in it, leaving me and another husked player to give up and find ghost roles.

Now I'm assuming this was a bug, but this took around 30 minutes of medbay running around, getting the monkey people, and they had no idea that the brain was buggy or otherwise, and I assume they simply thought I ghosted on them when they attempted the brain swap. It was absolutely pain for those of us in dchat, and it was absolutely pain for the medbay players who had to waste their time doing it, since it happened to at least two separate players in the round - meaning they were much less likely to attempt to save any other husks, assuming they would all be the same situation.

If this isn't a bug, and husking means brains are unusable for brain swaps, there REALLY needs to be some documentation immediately for all of this and for how to properly be a doctor in the new climate, not just on wiki but also in game for examinations (A la new deconstruction, etc) because far as I'm concerned I lost a traitor round to it. A week ago I'd have been tossed into cloning, had a short period of waiting for cloning and been able to get back to my objectives, since the crew would have had no idea I was possibly a traitor at that point.
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #539609

Changeling suck makes you not viable for revival, that part is intentional and was like that before cloning removal as well. You get ling succed? You're out, permanently.

Should probably just replace the brain organ with a dried out/shrunk one though to make it more clear to doctors as they extract it.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #539611

Upgraded cloner could fix succ'd individuals I believe. Might have been at least tier 3 though.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am not 100% on it.

The equivalent in this new system would be a higher level chemical to fix the brain.
Iron, blood and spider armies
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #539612

You are wrong.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #539614

skoglol wrote:Changeling suck makes you not viable for revival, that part is intentional and was like that before cloning removal as well. You get ling succed? You're out, permanently.

Should probably just replace the brain organ with a dried out/shrunk one though to make it more clear to doctors as they extract it.
There actually is a way around it using the alien tech necrotic revival surgery. you zombie revive them then rip the zombie tumor out of their brains. It makes them walking husks but is overall so rare to be able to do and actually pretty fucking cool that it shouldnt be bugfixed.
Copybass

Post by Copybass » #539620

skoglol wrote:Changeling suck makes you not viable for revival, that part is intentional and was like that before cloning removal as well. You get ling succed? You're out, permanently.

Huh, I coulda sworn I've cloned people who were succed before after cutting brains out, I thought for that reason that succ wasn't a round-ender anymore - They mus'tve just been other husk types I always cloned. But yeah, anything to make it more obvious to doctors so they can just move it all right to the morgue. Swap "I'd have been cloned within minutes" with "I'd have been tossed in the body pile of unclonables within minutes"
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #539638

upgraded cloning could clone ling'd people
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #539645

skoglol wrote:You are wrong.
Afraid you're wrong this time Skogol, maxed out cloners could absolutely clone ling victims.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #539650

I think if this had gone before wound tending and stasis beds, it would have been too much.

Get noticed in 2 minutes after death and you can make it back into the round pretty often. Lay there for more than 5 and people have to jump through hoops.

I haven't been playing doctor but appreciate all the people that currently are. You're all actively doing work.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #539666

Anonmare wrote:
skoglol wrote:You are wrong.
Afraid you're wrong this time Skogol, maxed out cloners could absolutely clone ling victims.
Yeah, I am not crazy. t3+ cloners could revive everyone, including succ'd, braindamaged, husked etc
Iron, blood and spider armies
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #539668

Just another reason cloning should have gone then. I cant imagine that was intentional, and it was likely a byproduct of husks being cloneable at t4.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #539669

Copybass wrote:Had a really fucked up round last night on Manuel where a muderboning lingtraitor killed me almost immediately into a round. I was a traitor myself, so I waited through being husked and recovered as my body was taken to medbay for repairs. They didn't dehusk me, and rather took my brain out to put into a new body. My brain however, didn't move my soul, so my soul remained in the husked body unable to be used, and they created a catatonic body with my brain in it, leaving me and another husked player to give up and find ghost roles.

Now I'm assuming this was a bug, but this took around 30 minutes of medbay running around, getting the monkey people, and they had no idea that the brain was buggy or otherwise, and I assume they simply thought I ghosted on them when they attempted the brain swap. It was absolutely pain for those of us in dchat, and it was absolutely pain for the medbay players who had to waste their time doing it, since it happened to at least two separate players in the round - meaning they were much less likely to attempt to save any other husks, assuming they would all be the same situation.

This is certainly a bug.

Code: Select all

[19:10:12] Runtime in brain_item.dm,88: bad index
  proc name: transfer identity (/obj/item/organ/brain/proc/transfer_identity)
  usr: JJRcop/(Taryn Summy)
  usr.loc: (Medbay Treatment Center (134, 109, 2))
  src: Scotty Northey\'s brain (/obj/item/organ/brain)
  src.loc: null
  call stack:
  Scotty Northey\'s brain (/obj/item/organ/brain): transfer identity(Scotty Northey (/mob/living/carbon/human))
  Scotty Northey\'s brain (/obj/item/organ/brain): Remove(Scotty Northey (/mob/living/carbon/human), 0, 0)
  manipulate organs (/datum/surgery_step/manipulate_organs): success(Taryn Summy (/mob/living/carbon/human), Scotty Northey (/mob/living/carbon/human), "head", the hemostat (/obj/item/hemostat), Organ manipulation (/datum/surgery/organ_manipulation), null)
fix coming soon
I lurk quite often...
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #539697

skoglol wrote:Just another reason cloning should have gone then. I cant imagine that was intentional, and it was likely a byproduct of husks being cloneable at t4.
i think it was intentional, and quite possibly a holdover from before we had T4 parts
Spoiler:
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #539743

this was probably mentioned already but I’d like to see empty cloning and experimental cloning back. I’d be willing to refactor clone code to remove the “shitcode” issues maintainers had with it if the idea got greenlit. It’d give doctors something to level their surgery skills on, harvest organs, and do research dissections on during downtime’s, as well as making the revival of certain extremely unfortunate deaths a lot less aids, probably include permanent side effects and or debuffs to cloned bodies (as opposed to weak traumas/mutations/clone damage which are all cured with simple chems)

also big+1 for the suggestion of less painful solutions for dealing with large piles of dying/dead in medbay, it can get very overwhelming at times

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #539766

A mindswap device would be pretty killer, big machine with two seats that you gotta strap dudes into and lower the dome hats onto em then pull a frankenstein style lever and use a bunch of power and shwoomp, brains get swapped out
Spoiler:
Copybass

Post by Copybass » #539811

PKPenguin321 wrote:A mindswap device would be pretty killer, big machine with two seats that you gotta strap dudes into and lower the dome hats onto em then pull a frankenstein style lever and use a bunch of power and shwoomp, brains get swapped out
Loving the idea that NT technology just keeps regressing further and further into mad science and belief in the soul.

This would be great but of course it would need to include Flime chance for flavor
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539819

Copybass wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:A mindswap device would be pretty killer, big machine with two seats that you gotta strap dudes into and lower the dome hats onto em then pull a frankenstein style lever and use a bunch of power and shwoomp, brains get swapped out
Loving the idea that NT technology just keeps regressing further and further into mad science and belief in the soul.

This would be great but of course it would need to include Flime chance for flavor
A teeny tiny chance that instead of your friend's mind he's ghosted and a ghost is put into the body with antag objectives.

Unfeasible but funny to think about.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #539824

Speaking of ghosts, there's a way to solve the issue of doctors being frustrated because dead players leave instead of waiting to be revived: pull a ghost when the body is revived, just like cult resurrection
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #539836

Grazyn wrote:Speaking of ghosts, there's a way to solve the issue of doctors being frustrated because dead players leave instead of waiting to be revived: pull a ghost when the body is revived, just like cult resurrection
Not sure if that's the best way. I like the "brain scanner" idea, an item that'd ask the ghost if they want to be revived and that lets them know they''ll be revived now. Good way to see if you should bother with the process.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #539868

imsxz wrote:this was probably mentioned already but I’d like to see empty cloning and experimental cloning back.
It doesnt necessarily need to give the body problems if you just make it use similar resources to regular revival. Having the empty cloner use a significant amount of synthflesh and blood would be a good way to balance it.

The limb printer fully upgraded uses 10 synthflesh per limb, so using the non-upgraded version's costs for body making would be a good baseline.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #539893

Blood and sythflesh aren't paticularly hard to make.

Hell, all you need is 1 drop of blood to get you going and you can clone it an infinite amount of times with unstable mutagen. It would honestly be better if you had to shove raw meat/synth meat into the thing, it's marginally more effort since you can't carry meat in a bag
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #540696

What if you replaced stasis beds with stasis scanners - visually like sleepers but with stasis and without chem injections and maybe with an advanced scanner built in? That way you can't operate on them while they're stasised but you can still put them on ice.

Maybe make surgery tables cut decay in half or something?
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #540704

CDranzer wrote:What if you replaced stasis beds with stasis scanners - visually like sleepers but with stasis and without chem injections and maybe with an advanced scanner built in? That way you can't operate on them while they're stasised but you can still put them on ice.

Maybe make surgery tables cut decay in half or something?
the formaldehyde in epi-pens already stops decay entirely.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #540708

Just a heads up, the only reason plasma men get revived at all now is because of stasis beds. If you removed that death by paper cut is perma death because someone would have to have the foresight to build a surgery table under a shower (ps let us build shower heads)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #540762

I've played a bunch of MD since this change and I'm happy to say that it's actually not bad at all. I do miss empty cloning and the experimental cloner but in terms of how playing medical has changed, I think this has overall been a positive. That said, I did really like the theme of cloning, and I don't think it would have hurt to just put the same restrictions defibbing had onto it, but whatever.

Things I think could use changing:
- Turning monkeys into humans with mutadone is kind of awkward, a machine that does it might be cooler
- Not every map has a cell charger for the defib cells, which is really annoying
- While I do like the progression that surgery has with skill levels and different tiers of tools, it is still kind of boring at times. I've alt tabbed out of boredome during a very long Tend Wounds before because I literally had nothing to do but wait. Not sure how to fix sadly
- I wish there was some incentive to frankenstein people together instead of it being just a meme, I think there's some untapped potential here
- There are often way too many doctors leaving only one or two to do surgery while the others are left to boredom. The way the number of slots scales could be looked at, or surgery could somehow be made to benefit from having multiple people present?
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #540968

I just played a round where a load of security and others got caught in a deadly brawl, and watching medical deal with it as it unfolded was honestly like a medical drama.

We had doctors rushing around saying things like "shit there are no beds left" or "get this one to surgery" and prioritising recently dead patients to resuscitate. Doctors calling for more hands or certain medicines to the chemists.

Most people managed to be revived, some didn't and it actually came off really well. Hearing about someone that wasn't so lucky or didn't make it was actually neat and made you cherish that fact you were one of the lucky ones that made it back to the land of the living.

I do think some maps now need reorganisation of their medbays to properly fit the new flow of work.
So it be like:

Entrance
Emergency room with stasis beds (4 minimum)
Linked to surgery or cyro's
Then next to it a ward with beds with drips and other things for non critical recovery and such.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #540969

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Things I think could use changing:
- Turning monkeys into humans with mutadone is kind of awkward, a machine that does it might be cooler
We gotta put genetics back into medbay.

Otherwise it's medbay in reverse, where genetics get replaced by a machine. Like how MD's started off useless and only required to operate the sleeper.
► Show Spoiler