CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Post by Shadowflame909 » #540969

Bottom post of the previous page:

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Things I think could use changing:
- Turning monkeys into humans with mutadone is kind of awkward, a machine that does it might be cooler
We gotta put genetics back into medbay.

Otherwise it's medbay in reverse, where genetics get replaced by a machine. Like how MD's started off useless and only required to operate the sleeper.
► Show Spoiler
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #541022

PKPenguin321 wrote:I've played a bunch of MD since this change and I'm happy to say that it's actually not bad at all. I do miss empty cloning and the experimental cloner but in terms of how playing medical has changed, I think this has overall been a positive. That said, I did really like the theme of cloning, and I don't think it would have hurt to just put the same restrictions defibbing had onto it, but whatever.

Things I think could use changing:
- Turning monkeys into humans with mutadone is kind of awkward, a machine that does it might be cooler
- Not every map has a cell charger for the defib cells, which is really annoying
- While I do like the progression that surgery has with skill levels and different tiers of tools, it is still kind of boring at times. I've alt tabbed out of boredome during a very long Tend Wounds before because I literally had nothing to do but wait. Not sure how to fix sadly
- I wish there was some incentive to frankenstein people together instead of it being just a meme, I think there's some untapped potential here
- There are often way too many doctors leaving only one or two to do surgery while the others are left to boredom. The way the number of slots scales could be looked at, or surgery could somehow be made to benefit from having multiple people present?
I don't see why not put cloning back as part of a bigger focus in Genetics since I feel that role needs some tweaking anyway. I think the only thing is taht there should be an appropriate cost to avoid it being used as a way to avoid traditional healing too much, but just having it be on Science is half the work as is.
peoplearestrange wrote:I just played a round where a load of security and others got caught in a deadly brawl, and watching medical deal with it as it unfolded was honestly like a medical drama.

We had doctors rushing around saying things like "shit there are no beds left" or "get this one to surgery" and prioritising recently dead patients to resuscitate. Doctors calling for more hands or certain medicines to the chemists.

Most people managed to be revived, some didn't and it actually came off really well. Hearing about someone that wasn't so lucky or didn't make it was actually neat and made you cherish that fact you were one of the lucky ones that made it back to the land of the living.

I do think some maps now need reorganisation of their medbays to properly fit the new flow of work.
So it be like:

Entrance
Emergency room with stasis beds (4 minimum)
Linked to surgery or cyro's
Then next to it a ward with beds with drips and other things for non critical recovery and such.
Was in this shift yesterday and really felt the lack of properly used space. It wouldn't be that bad in Delta which now has an entire surgery ward, but we really need something like that in all Stations. This shift was in Box I believe.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #541045

Sheodir wrote: Was in this shift yesterday and really felt the lack of properly used space. It wouldn't be that bad in Delta which now has an entire surgery ward, but we really need something like that in all Stations. This shift was in Box I believe.
Yeah thats right. I agree, delta would be fine. And yeah it was Boxstation, which its medical is a little messy given it was sorta tacked on/re-purposed rooms as various parts of medical became popular/new or unpopular etc
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541075

I feel like the mainstay maps just keep adjusting whats already there and struggle to adapt to total redesigns in balance. Like how nanites were just shoved into some out if the way corner in most maps for a while.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #541115

Slightly related. But Blood cult resurrection rune probably should go now that cloning is gone. Having one side have easy resurrection as well as conversion when the crew only has de-conversion seems counter to the current direction of the games design. Plus it would actually be neat to force people to do revival medicine outside of medbay like in a cult base.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #541205

Anonmare wrote:I feel like the mainstay maps just keep adjusting whats already there and struggle to adapt to total redesigns in balance. Like how nanites were just shoved into some out if the way corner in most maps for a while.
mapping sucks, we have too many maps, as i have expressed many many times over.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #541208

oranges wrote:
Anonmare wrote:I feel like the mainstay maps just keep adjusting whats already there and struggle to adapt to total redesigns in balance. Like how nanites were just shoved into some out if the way corner in most maps for a while.
mapping sucks, we have too many maps, as i have expressed many many times over.
remove donut and box or pubby then
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #541238

we will if you take them off rot
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #541309

Dr_bee wrote:Slightly related. But Blood cult resurrection rune probably should go now that cloning is gone. Having one side have easy resurrection as well as conversion when the crew only has de-conversion seems counter to the current direction of the games design. Plus it would actually be neat to force people to do revival medicine outside of medbay like in a cult base.
I mean, it's actually super thematic that blood cult can resurrect the dead. They should just come back as undead and it should take more effort than clicking a rune. I swear the revival rune got buffed out the arse by Robustin at some point so it's now just free revives.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #541481

make them the zombies that don't have spread
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #541541

You need 3 sacrifices (aka not conversion) to revive 1 cultie 2hich makes it basically only viable 9n robust people or when theres no one to convert
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #541605

Timonk wrote:You need 3 sacrifices (aka not conversion) to revive 1 cultie 2hich makes it basically only viable 9n robust people or when theres no one to convert
That is not as hard as youd think it is considering mindshield implants make you insta-sacrifice. If cult really needs a way to resurrect, a special organ implant like a blood crystal heart replacement would be much cooler, and it would use the actual medical system.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #541614

You still need to kill and sacrifice 3 real human beings
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541714

Timonk wrote:You still need to kill and sacrifice 3 real human beings
Doesn't have to be humans, saccing catatonic/SSD, cyborgs and NPC mobs counts as well
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #541737

Anonmare wrote:
Doesn't have to be humans, saccing catatonic/SSD, cyborgs and NPC mobs counts as well
Wait so you can sac the cow and two hens in meta garden for a free revive?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #541741

So the first logical step to toning down the revive rune is making sure the sacced people still have a soul attached
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #541848

Grazyn wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
you'd be a monster to do that to featherbottom, kentucky and betsy however
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541880

Grazyn wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
You also get a free revive out the gate.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #541886

I guess hunting mice and other maint vermins for revives is the cult meta nowadays uh
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541899

Grazyn wrote:I guess hunting mice and other maint vermins for revives is the cult meta nowadays uh
Why hunt if you can breed them with cheese.
Spoiler:
If you think about it, it's quite cheesy :D
Grazyn wrote:and other maint vermins
Like assistants :?