The Frustration of MRP

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

The Frustration of MRP

Post by Shadowflame909 » #541749

I held myself back from buying a .357 Revolver and blamming people who got in my way and instead tried to go for something more gimmicky.

Yet the captain and AI went full valid hunt mode, kept blocking me in everyone and went for round removal stuff like instant executions and cremation.

It's really tiresome.

Edit: The complaint being, if antagonists are supposed to be more creative here. The antag stoppers should too. If antags aren't de-swording you, then you shouldn't reward that with an instant execution when they do get taken down.
► Show Spoiler
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: The Frustration of MRP

Post by actioninja » #541750

did you ahelp it?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #541755

Shadowflame909 wrote:I held myself back from buying a .357 Revolver and blamming people who got in my way and instead tried to go for something more gimmicky.

Yet the captain and AI went full valid hunt mode, kept blocking me in everyone and went for round removal stuff like instant executions and cremation.

It's really tiresome.

Edit: The complaint being, if antagonists are supposed to be more creative here. The antag stoppers should too. If antags aren't de-swording you, then you shouldn't reward that with an instant execution when they do get taken down.

Yeah Ive seen a few sec be a little... heavy handed. Ive seen sec full on check every locker as the run through maintenance and it feels out of place. Ive seen someone roundstart bolt ALL the command rooms etc etc. I think some people still struggle to change
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #541767

actioninja wrote:did you ahelp it?
Nah, I was an antagonist (they didn't know) who tresspassed 2 times in a row for an EVA hardsuit (Twice. Dropped it upon first arrest in robotics, so I came back and then got me again) and got arrested initially for taking a devil deal from the HoP, so warden Perma'd me under his 3 strikes ruling.

Captain wanted to execute me there, but he knew he'd have gotten banned. So he just walked in perma with me and the other perma prisoners.

Then he walks out, I follow in an attempt to escape.

I make it one step out the door, he shouts "EXECUTION TIME" and then stun, cuffs, and drags me into the execution room where he proceeds to unload on me with a sketchin pistol, and then throw me out of an airlock.

It aint easy being MRP cheesy.
► Show Spoiler
EpicFatGamerNuts2006
Byond Username: EpicFatGamerNuts

Post by EpicFatGamerNuts2006 » #541771

Shadowflame909 wrote:
actioninja wrote:did you ahelp it?
Nah, I was an antagonist (they didn't know) who tresspassed 2 times in a row for an EVA hardsuit (Twice. Dropped it upon first arrest in robotics, so I came back and then got me again) and got arrested initially for taking a devil deal from the HoP, so warden Perma'd me under his 3 strikes ruling.

Captain wanted to execute me there, but he knew he'd have gotten banned. So he just walked in perma with me and the other perma prisoners.

Then he walks out, I follow in an attempt to escape.

I make it one step out the door, he shouts "EXECUTION TIME" and then stun, cuffs, and drags me into the execution room where he proceeds to unload on me with a sketchin pistol, and then throw me out of an airlock.

It aint easy being MRP cheesy.
if it makes you feel better, that round as devil HOP was equally infuriating to play.
Armhulen wrote:i have added epicfatgamernuts2006 to my friends list
wesoda25 wrote:im gonna add EpicFatGamerNuts2006 to my friend list too bc idk what that does
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #541778

Instant executions also known as repeated offender that immediately tries to break out of prison when given a last chance

For some reason you've omitted trying to kill a scientist, I wasn't paying enough attention to what was going on in sec but I expect there's more that you forgot to mention
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #541799

local retard gets caught doing a major crime and gets punished for it then cries about 'muh mrp' LMAO

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #541800

People love to bitch and moan and cry "fail RP" when they get killed by an antag that didn't explicitly have them as a kill objective. Adminned a round where a traitor was getting chased non-stop through maint so they laid down some shocked grilles to slow down sec and a couple passerby got shocked and died. Multiple people ahelped about it being murderbone??? What do you want the guy to do, just spread his ass and take all of secs batons? It's not even fail RP, it's absolutely in character for an enemy of the corporation who is ready to murder to endanger the crew to save their own skin. Really fucking annoying.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #541812

Mickyan wrote:Instant executions also known as repeated offender that immediately tries to break out of prison when given a last chance

For some reason you've omitted trying to kill a scientist, I wasn't paying enough attention to what was going on in sec but I expect there's more that you forgot to mention
That was the robotics scene

I tresspass into robotics for the second to final, dude shoves me, starts laser scalpelling me.

So I whip out my welder and hit him 5 times

He screams bloody murder, gets the AI's attention, I go down disposals as they start bolting shit and 5 security officers come flooding in.

I end up in disposals, AI bolts again, sec comes. Ai keeps turning off the disposals machine's lever, so I just slow crawl into it.

A sec officer follows me as im hiding under the recycler. He looks, opens the door, then leaves. I follow him thinking im good, then he comes back. We play push baton tag. I lose. I get arrested.

TLDR: It was deadass self defense, the only thing they had on me was tresspassing 3 times in a row and evading the law, but no one cares about that space-law ruleset unless your petty.

Edit: Though, tis MRP. I racked up 3 counts of tresspass, so PERMA is fair. But Cmon on MRP antags aren't trying to kill yee. So why not use the multitude of other methods of detainment

1. Prison-Cuffs

2. Straight-Jackets

3. Pacifism Surgery

4. Chemical Implants (You get lethal injections for this!)

5. Combo of all these for antags especially

6. Borging.

Permanent round removal doesn't have to be an option on MRP unless it's the only option.
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #541842

MRP doesn't mean there can't be alot of conflict or killing in a round, it just means people need to be fun about how it plays out.
Now, that also doesn't mean every single thing needs to be a gimmick (cause that would definitely get old), and it's fine to have some stuff just be straight to the point actions, like murder.
However, what does need to be prevented is powergaming and playing to win. When antags just try to rack up their kills and act like a silent combat drone, that's what's not okay.
Same thing when sec just silently cuff-drags prisoners along and executes them without saying a word even though they're restrained. Other stuff like checking every locker in maint, is usually powergameish, unless say the HOS orders security to scour the area, in which case it may be okay, as long as the officers don't just do it maximally efficient (run as fast as you can between every locker and click, then run to the next one). Generally, taking things slow (relatively), is a good idea for having better RP.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #541843

the ultimate "i ded" thread and subsequent policy discussion thread

just dont get caught LOL

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: The Furstration of MRP

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #541889

remove cat
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #542162

PKPenguin321 wrote:words
They're probably used to the absolute fucked state of regular cuckRP servers.

If an antagonist kills anyone not on the list for any reason "um that's murderbone sweetie week ban beg me like a dog on forums but I'll deny it anyway"
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #542165

The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #542184

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:

If an antagonist kills anyone not on the list for any reason "um that's murderbone sweetie week ban beg me like a dog on forums but I'll deny it anyway"
i did not ban them, but rather i told the ahelpers to fuck off and they called me a shitmin in deadchat. at least im not a banbot!
Spoiler:
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #542197

PKPenguin321 wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:

i did not ban them, but rather i told the ahelpers to fuck off and they called me a shitmin in deadchat. at least im not a banbot!
How dare you not turn MRP into a HRP shithole? Literally fascist.

Jokes aside, good on you for not being a HRP retard.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #542258

PKPenguin321 wrote:People love to bitch and moan and cry "fail RP" when they get killed by an antag that didn't explicitly have them as a kill objective. Adminned a round where a traitor was getting chased non-stop through maint so they laid down some shocked grilles to slow down sec and a couple passerby got shocked and died. Multiple people ahelped about it being murderbone??? What do you want the guy to do, just spread his ass and take all of secs batons? It's not even fail RP, it's absolutely in character for an enemy of the corporation who is ready to murder to endanger the crew to save their own skin. Really fucking annoying.
basically this, if you have a good reason to kill someone besides "if nobody is alive to oppose me than how can I fail?" then let it play chief
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #542259

Lowrp: KILL EM ALL
Highrp: kill the one guy you’re supposed to, maybe more if it’s interesting and fair
Medium should be in between. I think it’d be safer to lean towards the former though, as a station with higher standards is less likely to get bazingaed by assistants so sec can properly deal with them (if regular crew stop treating “don’t act like sec to validhunt” as ACTIVELY HELP THEM EVADE CAPTURE)
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #542269

confused rock wrote:Lowrp: KILL EM ALL
Highrp: kill the one guy you’re supposed to, maybe more if it’s interesting and fair
Medium should be in between. I think it’d be safer to lean towards the former though, as a station with higher standards is less likely to get bazingaed by assistants so sec can properly deal with them (if regular crew stop treating “don’t act like sec to validhunt” as ACTIVELY HELP THEM EVADE CAPTURE)
HRP will bwoink you for every person you kill that isn't your target. MRP is what you described HRP as.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #542272

deedubya wrote:HRP will bwoink you for every person you kill that isn't your target. MRP is what you described HRP as.
Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the few living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a good deedubya post, and he who sat on it had a toolbox; and insuls were given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #542302

I think you’re confusing highrp and paradise”rp”
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #542363

sounds like lrp but with more trash rules lol
retired ss13 coderman
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #542422

Akari is goof
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #542503

pkp yo i think i found one of the ahelpers https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread ?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #546829

a recent one is people who think that "MRP = never ever kill anything or do anything bad ever regardless of role" and will always play full-on friendly antag no matter what antag type they get. i saw a friendly space dragon today. role playing means playing your role, my dudes
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #546832

Friendly antags are cringe.

You can be friendly to some crewmembers. But you should still make completing your objective interesting. IE showing hostility/maliciousness towards your target.
► Show Spoiler
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #547009

Space dragon that tarts a criminal empire/religion and demands sacrifices is based.