meme option for people that dont care but still feel obligated to vote
7%

Total votes: 72

imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

remove boxstation from the map rotation

Post by imsxz » #543721

Bottom post of the previous page:

boxstation has been stagnating with a pretty round ruining bug for a bit now that causes the powernet to bug outin the middle of the round. from what ive been able to gather, power just stops flowing through the cables, even if theres a radiation collector making power on it, cables just say "cable not powered". if it were an issue with something taking all of the power in the powernet, it would at least show the power in the grid as well as the load. the only way to fix it(temporarily at least) is cutting and mending a wire, it usually breaks a few minutes/seconds after that though so it doesnt really work as a fix.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: remove boxstation from the map rotation

Post by Armhulen » #544243

cacogen wrote:>boxstation does not receive maintenance and is deprecated
went to check this thinking probably the xenobio changes i made were the last time the file was edited and ended up being very wrong

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... tation.dmm
i mean most are just for all maps but you know that isn't that bad as you'd think
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #544248

I know but the point was that it was deprecated and unmaintained and clearly that isn't the case
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #544257

The difference between Box and the other maps is that Boxstation is the OG, the original.

It should not be some highly efficient, well designed, highly logical station. Its a older, broken, mess with illogical and unpleasing aesthetics.

The bugs are a fair point but from what I've read these issues manifest on all the other stations, its just apparently more pronounced on Box due to its higher tendency for things to go wrong due to its dangerous design.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #544268

If there's a serious bug that never gets fixed, the map is by definition undermaintained and a trillion overhauls that do not fix the fucking bug will not change this.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #544279

the bug is in the powernet code you retards
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #544286

I may be alone in this opinion, but I think Box is really the only map that has any soul to it (Meta kinda does as well I guess). In my eyes, the other maps seem like sort of lifeless watered down husks that are just collections of different rooms and hallways. Compared to Box, the other maps just seem to be kind of routine and monotonous in how things play out on them.
Also, the other maps have WAYYYY too many decorations and floor decals, not to mention a giant overabundance of freebie resources everywhere (security has atleast 2 filled spray cleaner bottles on several maps... that gives the janitor a lot to do).

(Also this may sound really antagonistic towards the other maps, but I don't mean it that way or hold a grudge against them. I know a lot of effort and heart was put into each one. These are just my thoughts on why I prefer Box.)
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #544289

oranges wrote:the bug is in the powernet code you retards
then we can also remove donut for the same reason while we are at it
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #544354

lmao
NSFW:

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #544356

Flatulent wrote:
No. Stop removing maps. Kilo was justified because it was a confirmed crash most rounds, but minor stuff like this can be fixed in no time, right? (looks at the talking fruit)

Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #544365

We don't need less maps, we need more maps. More maps means more variety and less metaknowledge and shit. I dislike Metastation because every round the ORM is unwrenched to get to the autolathe.
Every round the windoor in Atmos desk is broken into to steal an O2 tank.
Every round people break into the arrivals checkpoint to steal the sec locker.
Every round people break into R&D using the gamer maint door.
If the ai is suspected of being bad people know the exact layout of ai satellite and know the exact way to gamer the ai. Just laser the atrium turrets, break the r wall, and iin the apc. Or break in through the SMES.
The ai upload and vault is available to the public, like holy shit it's just sitting there.
Every time there's a cult or something people know exactly where to look in maint, you have officers gravtatig towards abandoned bar, abandoned botany? Medbay? There is no fucking space in maint and the only spacious areas shitsec knows to go to first.
Fucking captains office open to the public, antique gun and locker stolen every round.
Gravity generator and supermatter only one door away from sabotage.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #544367

Reason we need less maps is partially due to noone wanting to update certain maps (wheres plumbing?) And the utter soulsucking work that is remapping on 6 maps bogging down cool feature PR's. Lets not even mention map merge conflicts.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #544385

While I would miss Boxstation’s cafeteria, I just can’t stand fact that as a chef I have to drill through the walls to get into hydroponics every shift.
► Show Spoiler
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #544387

Agux909 wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
No. Stop removing maps. Kilo was justified because it was a confirmed crash most rounds, but minor stuff like this can be fixed in no time, right? (looks at the talking fruit)
the bug only happens on boxstation. it can be fixed whenever someone wants to fix it. Could be an hour from now, could be in 5 years when enough people have complained about box removal for at least 1 of them to fix it themselves. When the “improve vs remove” situation domes up, remove wins by default if there’s no actual change ready for improvement

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #544388

PKPenguin321 wrote: Proofs? Round ID? Github issue?
I will give you the round id of the next round I play on boxstation if it lasts long enough

skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #544395

imsxz wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote: Proofs? Round ID? Github issue?
I will give you the round id of the next round I play on boxstation if it lasts long enough
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/48026
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #544627

Meta == Delta > Box == Kilo > Pubby > The Derelict > A Mining Shelter Pod in the Void > The Asteroid Escape Shuttle > Donut
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #546075

CDranzer wrote:Meta == Delta > Box == Kilo > Pubby > The Derelict > A Mining Shelter Pod in the Void > The Asteroid Escape Shuttle > Donut
Pubby is better than box imo
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #546365

pubby aka shift start holy melons and cremator in security.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #546430

pugie wrote:pubby aka shift start holy melons and cremator in security.
Don't forget the maint sunglasses
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #546431

Do you people seriously not understand? Are your peabrains too small? The slogan "improve not remove" is another way for oranges to say "do my work that I got promoted for for me, I'm just watching yall so you don't pr any illegal stuff like... Good maint loot". See it now? Embrace the truth.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #546468

for the people recommending we keep maps/add more, can I personally count on you to maintain at least one (1) map?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #546501

what does maintenance involve? i'm happy to keep boxstation up to date in terms of adding new features to it (although implementers usually do this themselves) and to fix any map errors (e.g. piping, active turfs, wires, camera tags, etc.) with it
NSFW:

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #546613

yes that's it
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #546718

that's easy and not an obstacle to keeping the map at all at least until someone adds another feature like plumbing that needs an xbox hueg room no one wants to add because it becomes a pus lump sticking out the side of the station
NSFW: