february coding raffle (REAL PRIZES) (NOT BAIT)

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

february coding raffle (REAL PRIZES) (NOT BAIT)

Post by bobbahbrown » #538725

hello fellow 'coders',

for the month of february i will be holding a raffle for anyone who makes a successful contribution (read: merged PR) to the /tg/station codebase on GitHub.

a. each successful PR to the /tg/station repository will be counted as one raffle entry in our great raffle challenge 2020 february
b. the raffle will run from february 1st, 2020 at 00:00 utc to february 29, 2020 at 23:59 utc
c. prizes will be awarded no later than march 7th, 2020 at 00:00 utc (one week after the raffle ends) which will give me time to collect the participants raffle entries and perform the raffle
(NOTE: there may be a delay for prizes for which the winner cannot be contacted within this timeframe, in those cases the award of those prizes or re-drawing may extend past the set date)

1. your pr must be merged between february 1st, 2020 at 00:00 utc and february 29, 2020 at 23:59 utc
2. pull requests that ONLY include grammar changes or changes to existing strings (for example description changes) will not count towards your raffle entries
3. if participants cannot be reached, or have asked to be disqualified, the respective prize will be re-drawn from remaining raffle participants.
4. bobbahbrown cannot win any prizes
5. rules are subject to change at any time when deemed necessary by the organizers of the raffle (me)

// the following prizes are subject to be increased or otherwise have additional prizes added throughout the duration of the event //

Q: did oranges approve this?
A: he said i could do what i wanted

Q: is my PR eligible for the time range?
A: Check here: github filtered search that i will use to get all the raffle entries

Q: can i donate an additional prize or prizes?
A: sure! please contact me on discord bobbahbrown#0001
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: february coding raffle (REAL PRIZES) (NOT BAIT)

Post by Qustinnus » #538728

exclude pure balance changes too.

also cool initiative very epic bobbah
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #538731

Nox has donated a key for Hacknet and its DLC, Labyrinths.

Thanks Nox!
Qustinnus wrote:exclude pure balance changes too.

also cool initiative very epic bobbah
I will discuss with some other people and see if this seems like a reasonable rule or not, thank you for your feedback Floyd

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #538756

Shezza has generously provided a variety of STEAM keys totaling up to 42 keys, the details of which are found below. Thanks Shezza!

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #538757

Shezza donated an additional six keys, bringing his total donation up to 52 keys. Thanks again Shezza!

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #538924

add as prize a rare coin i made https://imgur.com/a/28RB32i thanks
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #538946

It is time to become a C*der to score fight n rage

thank you shezza and bobbahbrown
► Show Spoiler
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #543426

We're already up to 168 merged PRs since February 1st, 2020 at 00:00:00UTC, great job everyone!

I've also added an additional rule to the contest: I cannot win prizes.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #543470

bobbahbrown wrote:I've also added an additional rule to the contest: I cannot win prizes.
This is an outrage. Bait and switch!
► Show Spoiler
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #546033

Wow, less than a week left in the coding raffle and we already have 250 closed PRs in the time eligibility period! Here's your friendly reminder to get some PRs in if you haven't already to be included in the raffle!

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #546484

The raffle is closed for this month, I will be tallying up the totals shortly, and drawing for prizes!

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #546492

Okay, the first results are in folks. They can be found here!

The program that I very quickly wrote to perform the prize awarding can be found here.

I will likely have further rounds of draws for unclaimed prizes, within the bounds of the rules and regulations set out in the original post.

Also I will likely continue this event and have a March coding raffle. Stay tuned for that!

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #546495

thanks for running this bobbah, i didn't even know i was entering
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #546496

WEW LADS

Been wanting Guacamelee 2, good shit. Thank you Dr. bees.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #546500

cacogen wrote:thanks for running this bobbah, i didn't even know i was entering
Vekter wrote:WEW LADS

Been wanting Guacamelee 2, good shit. Thank you Dr. bees.
Thanks for contributing folks, and glad you guys are enjoying the benefits of your contributions!

Also, I have contacted the majority of the prize winners. Those who don't want to claim their prize will consequently have those key go into a second round of prize distribution.

If anyone knows who the following individuals are on discord, please let me know or contact me. I am still attempting to reach them:
- itseasytosee
- OnlineGirlfriend
- Yenwodyah

Edit: also also, I plan on running a March version of the coding raffle -- I will probably post that tomorrow

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #546503

Can't wait to stream late shift and laugh at stupid bullshit
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #546569

I'm Yenwodyah#8522
Or you can just message me on here
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #546570

Yenwodyah wrote:I'm Yenwodyah#8522
Or you can just message me on here
Contacted and redeemed, thank you again for contributing!