Decrease the probability of families gamemode

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Decrease the probability of families gamemode

Post by bobbahbrown » #549675

The assigned probability of families is currently 11.3%, higher than 7 of the 11 gamemodes we have on rotation at the moment. Given that the gameplay style is a round of forced duration exceeding an hour I feel this probability is too high and only serves to add to the fatigue players may feel from this gamemode.

Probabilities taken from the live server configurations:

Code: Select all

PROBABILITY TRAITOR 12
PROBABILITY TRAITORCHAN 4
PROBABILITY INTERNAL_AFFAIRS 0
PROBABILITY NUCLEAR 4
PROBABILITY REVOLUTION 6
PROBABILITY CULT 4
PROBABILITY CHANGELING 0
PROBABILITY WIZARD 6
PROBABILITY MONKEY 0
PROBABILITY METEOR 0
PROBABILITY EXTENDED 1
PROBABILITY SECRET_EXTENDED 2
PROBABILITY DEVIL 0
PROBABILITY DEVIL_AGENTS 0
PROBABILITY CLOWNOPS 0
PROBABILITY TRAITORBRO 4
PROBABILITY DYNAMIC 4
PROBABILITY FAMILIES 6

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
tumesuo
Byond Username: Tumesuo

Re: Decrease the probability of families gamemode

Post by tumesuo » #549676

Upvote
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #549677

I would add in addition to the above that while we are on this topic of gamemode probabilities, I think that increasing the probability of dynamic would be beneficial to the servers as its odds are very low at the moment despite the great increase in variety of gameplay that it provides.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #549678

Honestly, on Manuel, families is just a slog after the first 5 minutes. It either turns into people running around demanding you join their secret club, or a complete murderfest. IE, it's gangs with a fresh coat of paint.

Honestly would put it below wizard; since at least wizard doesn't last too long.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #549716

honestly just remove it from lrp rotation - voluntary full antag conversion makes me want to fucking scream when there’s technically nothing stopping gang members from killing everyone else policy-wise
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #549724

yeah what the bee said
[this space reserved]
spookydonut
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Spookydonut

Post by spookydonut » #549775

It's still under active development so reducing the amount its played will likely slow down improvements to it.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #549811

thats what testmerge periods are for
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #549814

I agree with lowering the probability. This gamemode happens every other round, leaving the players feeling like they are forced to play Families.

At least we don't have to wait one hour to be able to call the shuttle...
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #549815

It's a pretty delicate balancing act between putting a new game mode so high it gets old quick or so low that people barely ever know the mechanics/gamemode so they're left floundering.

That said, it's currently in the same bracket as revolution, one of our other more action packed (and generally quicker) game modes. How does it compare to that?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #549823

I went to EVENT HALL for the first time yesterday, because it was the morning and the only active server. I ended up as a security officer and it turned out to be families. I arrested someone for something mild, I think trespassing then harrassing someone by shoving them around a bunch. He got a very quick into the interrogation room, stripped, then three minute timer. The entire time he was screaming at me how this was unjust and if there were gods to call on he would and I'm not allowed to do this. I confiscated the ID from a botanist he stole. After he said he was going to throw me into the supermatter I took put his insulateds and hacking toolbelt into evidence storage as well. Once the round continued I realized that he had one of the family outfits.

Did his wearing gang outfits somehow make him immune to being arrested for minor crime, like he implied?
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #549826

ofcourse not you're literaly security, should've given him a longer sentence.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #549833

@nabski Once they start yelling about reporting you to gods, toss them in perma and forget about them. There are some people on EH doing this cause they are new and from hugbox servers.

On families rate, its a bit too high for a mode that breaks the secrecy and announces itself. Should aim for once a day at most. Some bad rng had families pop 5/9 rounds yesterday, and players were understandably frustrated.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #550211

Families has been reduced to a probability 5 (9.6%) on all servers, it has been reduced to 3 (8.3%) on Manuel. The lower probability on Manuel is largely because revolutionaries and cult have a probability of 1 on Manuel.

Headmin Votes:

Coconutwarrior97: Yes
Phuzzylodgik: Yes
TWATICUS: Yes