Trialmin Review: Vekter

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Trialmin Review: Vekter

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #550090

Vekter has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Vekter

Post by oranges » #550106

wish he'd just learn to grill like me
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #550109

This is pretty scatterbrained so i just made it shitty bullet points

* Just from my time of seeing him online, I'm a bit worried they have their old problems outlined in their last trialmin review with their adminning: ban the baddies over guiding the round to be as enjoyable as it could be. they've proven to be a good learner code side so i'm a little let down that I came to the conclusion that we still have some similar problems.

* Outside of the game, they're pretty cool when working with other admins and I like their 'tude. That's completely what is to be expected from the guy who made all the really cool old time forum threads

* Such a shame the whole ooc incident happened right before the review because i think it outlines one of the worse off problems: I don't feel like they mesh with the players. Admins and players should never be at ends with each other and I think it would help Vekter out a ton to be more chill in day to day work

* someone willing to work on manuel is a big thumbs up from me by the way, i tried it out and couldn't feel comfortable about my rulings. super awesome you can do that
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #550117

This is something I'm actively working on. I know that my values outside the game don't really line up with what most of the players feel, but I do want to be given the chance to improve in this capacity.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #550139

How many times are they going to go "oh, my bad, let me remove the ban" before we realize they shouldn't have the ability to ban people in the first place?

How many times are they going to say "I will take action against anyone that says no-no words" before we realize that they shouldn't have the ability to enforce rules and precedent?

Making mistakes is fine, as long as you learn from them, or were making an honest mistake to begin with. Neither of which seem to apply here. There's clear intent behind their desire to purge what they think is undesirable from the server - actual rules be damned. Aside from that, bans that were done in error and undone shortly afterward - inconveniencing players for no good reason.

Can't wait for them to pass their trial.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #550141

They are largely operating on Manuel, which means they are primarily making decisions and choices about how to proceed with very little precedent the entire time they've been on trial. I am actually impressed they've done so well, and yes, they have been making a lot of mistakes. As have other admins on Manuel.

I've spoken to plenty of others about policy and reasoning behind punishments on Manuel, and I myself have been challenged here and there. We are quite literally having to work out how things work as we go, and Vekter's as much subject to that as anyone. I believe he needs a bit more conviction in his decisions but that he's been doing pretty good thus far and has demonstrated a degree of self-reflection that will work out well for him going forward.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #550142

Probably not the best person to have as an admin.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #550188

I disagree with him making a ban against all previous precedents and the rules just to push his idea of what the rules should be. The place to bring up concerns about a rule is the policy discussion subforum, not ingame with a ban. Other than that he seems alright to me.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #550297

imagine vagueposting in a trialmin review

my review: Needs chill, probbably okay though none of the rest of us have any either
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #550344

I like Vektor, he brings up challenging topics and doesn't hesitate to handle any situation. Always polite, prompt responses, and is easy to talk to making them somebody I am excited to see around.

Promote!
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #550354

very good admin
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #550393

Vektor is active and responsive. He makes rulings confidently and is open to re-evaluating his decisions afterward. Promote.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #550871

People don’t like him but he doesn’t let it get to him and he’s shown himself to be more than capable.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #551781

I'm not sure why he wants to be a TG mod considering his idea of what the server should look like fits with yog much better. Can't say I'm in favor of passing someone who wants to push the server culture in a direction I and most of the playerbase consider worse
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #551809

Frankly, for his own sake, deadmin. He has played 3 rounds since he got adminned on the 14th of january and adminned a ton. Seems to constantly put himself at odds with the playerbase and get stressed out about it.

As for his adminning, Im mostly just watching from the sidelines. Seems a bit heavy handed, and proud of it. There has been a few situations where guiding the player into playing by the rules would have been more prudent than hitting that ban button. This is especially true for event hall, chaos isn't an excuse to do it half assed.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #551836

skoglol wrote:Frankly, for his own sake, deadmin. He has played 3 rounds since he got adminned on the 14th of january and adminned a ton. Seems to constantly put himself at odds with the playerbase and get stressed out about it.

As for his adminning, Im mostly just watching from the sidelines. Seems a bit heavy handed, and proud of it. There has been a few situations where guiding the player into playing by the rules would have been more prudent than hitting that ban button. This is especially true for event hall, chaos isn't an excuse to do it half assed.
If the statistic on rounds played is from scrubby its important to note the 'observed' terminology just means the player didn't join the round through a roundstart or latejoin job, it doesn't mean they didn't take a ghostrole like a posibrain which vekter says he does sometimes

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #551844

I do honestly take posibrain a lot more often than I do actually joining a round, mainly because I don't always like joining an in-progress round and I might be sitting there doing fuck-all, then hear the posibrain ping and go "eh, okay, I kinda wanna borg for a bit". (Of course, I always de-admin myself while doing so and never use OOC knowledge IC.)
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
BigGrease
Byond Username: BigGrease

Post by BigGrease » #554032

Not the biggest fan of Vekter. Posted on a complaint thread about him a while back, and yet he still does the same things mentioned in the complaint thread as of this week. I despise the use of slurs as much as any normal person, but muting ooc is just not the move. People will rightfully flame you for it, and you'll alienate people too. I dont get in trouble often, so I do not know how he deals with issues such as that, but it seems like when he is personally offended by something someone says, its is not uncommon for him to mute ooc, which I disapprove of. I'd give vektor a 4/10. Haven't had any personally bad experiences with him really, but is a notable admin for me because of what I've previously mentioned. Honestly I think he's not horrible but you can find better.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #554102

BigGrease wrote:Not the biggest fan of Vekter. Posted on a complaint thread about him a while back, and yet he still does the same things mentioned in the complaint thread as of this week. I despise the use of slurs as much as any normal person, but muting ooc is just not the move. People will rightfully flame you for it, and you'll alienate people too. I dont get in trouble often, so I do not know how he deals with issues such as that, but it seems like when he is personally offended by something someone says, its is not uncommon for him to mute ooc, which I disapprove of. I'd give vektor a 4/10. Haven't had any personally bad experiences with him really, but is a notable admin for me because of what I've previously mentioned. Honestly I think he's not horrible but you can find better.
You know, that complaint was not upheld and specifically said
In regards to muting OOC, allow me to be very clear: admins are empowered to globally mute OOC at any time, for any reason, and for as long as they see fit. Access to OOC is not an inalienable right. If an admin feels as though OOC chat is detracting from the ongoing round they are free to toggle it off at their leisure.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Post by Dezupher » #554324

Vekter has helped me out quite a bit as I've been a trial, is active, and shows real motivation when it comes to handling issues.

I think they're good and I hope they'll continue to improve and do a good job as a game admin.
SumFaggotPlayTester
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #554411

I see them a bit on low pop manual during true no lifer hours; peek SumFag play times. For the most part disagree with their hot takes on nigger & faggot but in the time I've been around them I've seen them not really go after it. Bretty gud at dealing with spam faggotry though (If I remember right from a round a few days ago with some aspie spamming station to station coms.). Overall seems to be chill & does a good bit of keeping the peace. Also do more funny events on manual faggot; needs more mid round chaos at peek low pop which you are good at doing like Rad is. You seem to make some funny ones when you do which is appreciated.

Admeme rating 6.4 :faggot: / 10 :faggot:

Edit:
beno1: Following https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26336 having to downgrade the 7.3 :faggot: / 10 :faggot: to a 5.3 :faggot: / 10 :faggot:
Much disappointment.
beno2: Following https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=26349 upgrading the 5.3 :faggot: / 10 :faggot: to a 6.4 :faggot: / 10 :faggot:
Smackin aspies down like its no tomorrow is a gud thing : - DDDDD
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #554941

if some randomin from i don't know where manages to ooze into bagil as the jokemin reference who only makes bad decisions, is generally laughed as the butt of all jokes and has examples of horrifying decisions and has laughable behavior as their byword...
I have never seen anyone gather this much dislike even though they exist on some hugbox server elsewhere nobody cares about.
Name has popped like three-four times in dchat now out of the blue when someone has to vent and it has always devolved to some "haha this min is x and should be gibbed" and the feeling seems universal and uncontested.
Only example of such a punching bag i have yet seen to exist.

Yeah, so, maybe keep him contained somewhere else then i guess if you wanna keep him.
Since you know, we bagil players are gross and vocal about being shit and absolutely will target this min for existing with buzzwords to get a raise out of him and he seems really bad at NOT responding to that, apparently.

He no touch my shit 10/10, he touch my shit 0/10.
signnatrire
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #555245

We acknowledge Vekter has had problems with allowing his personal views to affect his administrative actions. That being said he has been receptive to criticism, and has been quite active. We've decided to extend his trial by a month to evaluate if he has improved based on the criticism he's received.