BeezKneez
Byond Username: BeezKneez7

[Phuzzylodgik] BeezKneez - Excessive ban

Post by BeezKneez » #550815

Byond account - BeezKneez7
Character name - Ivo Robotnik
Ban type - Server
Ban length - 2 days
Ban reason - Playing as a detective, stole the Hierophant Club from a mindshielded crewmember and then shot them to death when they gave chase, Flippant and dishonest in ahelps
Time ban was placed - 2020-03-22 16:52:36
Server you were playing on when banned - Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed - 132807
Your side of the story - I found a crewmember who had what in my eyes was a cool looking weapon and proceeded to beat him for it, after I took it from him and he started chasing after me for it, I killed him. After that admin contacted me about it and I did lie about why I killed him (i.e. that I had a vendetta against him before the incident). After I admitted I had killed him for the staff he proceeded to ban me.
Why you think you should be unbanned - I did not know the IC importance of the heirophants staff and also did not know that it was not allowed to kill without purpose as security (since I had done it before as other jobs). I also believe that two days for "wasting time". (it was supposed to be one day ban but I was given another day due to me trying to talk my way out of the situation, which was warranted).
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: [Phuzzylodgik] BeezKneez - Excessive ban

Post by Timonk » #550879

I did not know the IC importance of the heirophants staff and also did not know that it was not allowed to kill without purpose as security (since I had done it before as other jobs).
Imagine this: someone steals your det gun, then shoots you to death when you try to get it back. Do you think that's justified

im pretty awful at detecting my own peanut please don't be mad
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #550904

hopefully peanut compliant post:
Adding to/adjusting the definitions so that players can post in a thread regarding something they weren't involved in, IF IT IS TO BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.
I was the guy who revived the victim in this scenario. This was a rev round and he was a cargo tech who was implanted early and had been cooperating the entire round with SEC ordering mind shields, guns etc. The QM basically suicided very early and this guy was the "new QM". This killing happened very late into the round and I can see why the admin would frown upon this particular killing when considered in the greater context of murdering a cargo tech FNR who had been cooperating with SEC during a rev round. It hurt more people than just the cargo tech.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #550954

Skillywatt wrote:hopefully peanut compliant post:
Adding to/adjusting the definitions so that players can post in a thread regarding something they weren't involved in, IF IT IS TO BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.
I was the guy who revived the victim in this scenario. This was a rev round and he was a cargo tech who was implanted early and had been cooperating the entire round with SEC ordering mind shields, guns etc. The QM basically suicided very early and this guy was the "new QM". This killing happened very late into the round and I can see why the admin would frown upon this particular killing when considered in the greater context of murdering a cargo tech FNR who had been cooperating with SEC during a rev round. It hurt more people than just the cargo tech.
(You're allowed to post anyway because you were involved in the situation)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #551158

It's pretty obvious that you have some rather striking misconceptions about our rules and culture, so I would like to address a couple of things you've said while also explaining why you received the length of ban that you did.
BeezKneez wrote:did not know that it was not allowed to kill without purpose as security (since I had done it before as other jobs).
Yeah dude, we have rules. You should really, really read them. It's quite obvious that you haven't. You can't kill people without justification around here, whether or not you're playing as a member of security. Doing this shit as the detective just makes it extra bad.

We generally hand out a 24 hour ban for each unjustified murder.

As for the extra day for dishonesty: just in case you or anyone else reading this thinks I'm being petty for adding that on, allow me to direct your attention to our ahelp conversation:

Now, please take a peek at the upper left corner of that screenshot. See where it says "Ticket 19?"

This is ticket 19 of 31 that had to be dealt with that round.

You spent twenty-five minutes bullshitting me before you finally admitted to what you did. I had to spend that entire time doing my Columbo routine, logdiving, messaging the other players involved, and having to bwoink you over and over again trying to get to the truth of the incident while also trying to juggle the rest of the tickets that continued to come in. As a result, I couldn't get to them all.

Your dishonesty prevented me from addressing the later grievances of a number of other players. You didn't just screw up the round of the guy you killed, but theirs too, and that sucks.

You got off light. This appeal is denied.

The other heads are of course welcome to overrule should they deem it necessary.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #551486

Gonna agree with phuzzy on this. Like he stated in the ahelp, everything is logged. Wasting an admins time in ahelps by running in circles avoiding answers only makes things worse. Marking this resolved.
ImageImageImage