[ADMIN] Electric

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

thisisdumb

Byond Username: Kezai

[ADMIN] Electric

Postby thisisdumb » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:56 am #551630

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Kezai
Character name(s): Artem Noscor, Fermi Valern, Jesus Hernandez
Timezone: Eastern US
Discord tag: Electric#0005
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: Years of admin on Minecraft servers and ex-Admin of World Server.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: Been playing SS13 for about 2 years, TGMC since around November or so.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: Never been banned.
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: Refer to above.
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? I am a very fair person, helps to have a thick skin as well.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? I am available 24/7 (unless I am asleep) for helping with players. Whether it be an incident ingame or over Discord.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? Every case is different, some people deserve more leniency than others while others deserve worse, but it all comes down to context. Context is key for reaching a conclusion.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? Events should never be the main focus of a round, small things are what can keep players entertained and not railroad the server for one's own enjoyment. I would probably never do anything big without player consent.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? Making tiny changes is always fun, bless the player panel. The least enjoyable would probably be ghosting around constantly.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? If the server has better admins I do not see a reason for me stick around, or in the event the server becomes unfun.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
If the situation resolved itself ICly, I would just give the griefer a talk. Whether they make an ass of themselves or behave will decide if they get punished from that point forward. Either way they will get a note regarding the incident.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I PM them asking if they are new. If they are, I teach them how to play. If not I tell them ERPing will result in monkey-fication.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
If they have a complaint they are welcome to make one on the forums, makes no difference to me.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
"This isn't Hippie."

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
As a proper fort monkey should.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
Stalemates are a natural part of the game, they happen. Now if it was just 1 Shrike running away from the whole server that would require some slight intervention.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
Monkey-fication. And a note, of course.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
Revive the other marine, give the other one a warning to behave and let command (or marines themselves if low pop) handle it IC, as well as add a note. If they continue being a shit head, temp ban or even perma.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Context matters. If a player finds it uncomfortable I'll definitely look into it. If it is something undeniable racist I would give them a very serious warning to never do that again and add a note about exactly what they said. If I see them try to continue I'll give them a temp ban and perma if they do it again when they return.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Perma ban, revive victims.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Talk to them, see why they did that. Depending on the answer and history, either a mistake on their part or it will be a job ban.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
Business as usual.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
Very much business as usual???

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
What. There aren't spots though?

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Mob offer.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I first ask if what they said was correct. If they were mistaken I notify the person.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
I take screenshots and notify the head admin.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
Tell them to not do it.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
Tough luck, but I will keep my eye on the shooter just in case they make another "accident".

grinkgo
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Grinkgo

Re: [ADMIN] Electric

Postby grinkgo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 pm #551761

Hello, and thank you for your interest in the admin team!

thisisdumb wrote:No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? If the server has better admins I do not see a reason for me stick around, or in the event the server becomes unfun.

Implying there is something wrong with the current admins?

Anyway, looking at your other short answers and multiple references to "monkey-fication" it's very clear to me that you're not taking this application very seriously. This app is denied. You may reapply in 30 days.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications