Discord Rule 12 Still Sucks

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Discord Rule 12 Still Sucks

Post by wesoda25 » #552755

There was already a thread made for this: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=24393, but either I'm tripping or headmins never actually did anything about it and just quietly locked it.
12: If you are in possession of confidential administrative information and refuse to cooperate with the investigation, you may be punished as if the leaker themselves.

Basically, what? Its still a terribly worded rule that is highly specific and seems at odds with all our others rules. Its a shitty rule why is it still here.
[this space reserved]
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Discord Rule 12 Still Sucks

Post by Arianya » #552771

wesoda25 wrote:There was already a thread made for this: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=24393, but either I'm tripping or headmins never actually did anything about it and just quietly locked it.
To be clear, any post in Policy Discussion that goes a certain amount of time with no posts gets auto-locked by the forum - to avoid necroing and the like. Better to make a new thread (as you have done!)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #552777

you worried about something wesoda?

want to tell us?
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #552785

takes away the due process and allows a jannie to remove you with nothing more than an accusation. it doesn't even have to be guilt by association, they can just say "lol they're hiding something" and yeet you from existence

why anyone's surprised that modern day teegee implemented such a rule is beyond me, though
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #552791

Feels a bit invasive to me which I know is ironic since the only way they would possess that information is from a leak, but really anything invading someones privacy like that irks me, especially involving a space station 13 game.

I’m less on the realm of random admin leaks, but I feel like this could be justified for extreme circumstances that cross over into real life like doxxing information. I understand a lot of admins like to feel like their admin chat is a safe space for private talk though.

I know a lot of admins have already openly disagreed with me about this but I don’t feel like doing the same thing back to possibly not very involved people is ok, just my personal opinion.

Overall I feel like it isn’t anything that isn’t covered by other rules as well.
retired ss13 coderman
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #552812

wesoda has decided to take a long vacation out of the country and will be gone for some time

continue with your day citizens
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #552880

aw man I didn’t wanna retire yet!

(didn’t know autolocking was a feature learn something new everyday)

But yeah for what space said, obviously this rule would be useful for certain situations where certain types of information are at risk, namely personal information that has to do with doxxing. It should be reworded accordingly, its too sloppy right now.
[this space reserved]
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #552917

deedubya wrote:takes away the due process and allows a jannie to remove you with nothing more than an accusation. it doesn't even have to be guilt by association, they can just say "lol they're hiding something" and yeet you from existence
nah you gotta incriminate yourself by posting the leak urself or it doesnt count mate
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #553022

>confidential administrative information
erp, got it
Spoiler:
Copyright © 2007 All Rights Reserved
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tamaguen
Byond Username: Tamaguen

Post by Tamaguen » #553052

Realistically, how often would this rule come up, anyway? Just don't obtain confidential administrative information. :brain:
cacogen wrote:>confidential administrative information
erp, got it
How embarrassing for everyone involved...
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #553427

We have decided to eliminate Discord rule 12. We feel its potential for abuse outweighs any potential benefit it may provide.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Remove.
Phuzzylodgik: Remove.
TWATICUS: Remove.