[Vekter] glassmann - Smiting an ashlizard for no obvious rule-break

Glassmann
Byond Username: Glassmann

[Vekter] glassmann - Smiting an ashlizard for no obvious rule-break

Post by Glassmann » #556094

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Game, in Terry 2020-04-17
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: glassmann (byond), Azum-Bokeeus (character)
Admin: Vekter
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 134936
Detailed summary: I played as an ashlizard and invaded the station with other lizards via a teleporter on the free golem ship. After running around the station and stabbing multiple people with the spear I have I walk upon a logged in id console and make myself into a captain. Next I go and make an announcement and ask for self destruct codes in jest and next thing I know something explodes right on me.
I know that at a point the ashlizards were not permitted to raid the station, however recently the rules were made more relaxed and ashlizard attacks upon the station were allowed as long as large-term destruction like delamming SM, freeing singulo or tesla were not done.
I myself am making this complaint because I specially paid attention to the basic ashlizard rules by not trying to free the tesla located in cargo. Yet I still got adminbombed with no boink,voice in head or any prior warning. I know the smite was not lethal but it still is in bad taste to do this for no obvious reason.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] glassmann - Smiting an ashlizard for no obvious rule-break

Post by Vekter » #556101

You... You requested the station's nuke codes and gave a really ridiculous reason for it, of course I smote you. We even have a little (SMITE) button next to the Centcomm message log as an option. If you had done anything actually wrong, I would have handled it with an adminhelp.
[2020-04-17 10:47:30.409] SAY: glassmann/(Azum-Bokeeus) has requested the nuclear codes from CentCom with reason "uuh toes stubbed" (Bridge (106, 135, 2))
If I was Centcomm and I got that request, I would've hit you with a BSA as well.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Glassmann
Byond Username: Glassmann

Post by Glassmann » #556102

ashlizard is an antagonist and I am certain that simply sending a meme message does not equal to being stunned by an admin and left open to be killed by the crew. The button being there does not equal that it should be pushed.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #556110

As a general precedent, sending stupid messages to Centcomm (or the Syndicates), including bad nuke request codes, has been open season for invoking their wrath via bluespace punishment, with anything from BSA to fireballs to pod delivered nasty surprises. The only general limit has been to not inflict instant death (i.e. no gibs, no drop deads, etc) unless someone isn't taking the hint.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #556492

Arianya wrote:The only general limit has been to not inflict instant death (i.e. no gibs, no drop deads, etc) unless someone isn't taking the hint.
Even then, the only time I gib is if someone's reading WGW or something equally abhorrent over the radio.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #558296

Sending a dumb centcomm message is liable to get you smited in some form. We see nothing to uphold here.
Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.