Hub request

wabash
Byond Username: Wabash

Hub request

Post by wabash » #556928

Hello, AarontheIdiot told me to make a thread over here,

Please put Bagil (Dynamic) on the hub to match Sybil (Secret), currently only Sybil is on the hub so everyone just flocks to it leaving Bagil to be deadpop and I much prefer dynamic over secret. Thank you for your consideration.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Hub request

Post by trollbreeder » #556941

Why not just put every server on the hub at this point?
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #556945

so bagil needs players because of ?????

Meh.
signnatrire
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #556947

trollbreeder wrote:Why not just put every server on the hub at this point?
Do not put MRP server(s) on the hub.
wabash

Post by wabash » #556951

trollbreeder wrote:Why not just put every server on the hub at this point?
Manuel is populated enough and its niche is RP, I wouldn't recommend it be placed on the hub.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #556952

Entirely pointless, players dont magically appear. EH players switched to terry and sybil, adding bagil to the hub is just more pointless shuffling and the headmins need to learn to let it be and change on its own instead of adding shit to the hub.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Post by jackrip » #557482

Majority of players are appearing on sybil because sybil is where the players are at. That is because it is on the hub and bagil is not. When sybil was not on the hub it was basically equal / slightly less pop than bagil. As soon as it was put on the hub the pop shot up.

Either remove sybil from the hub (my preferred) or add bagil (and remove the bunker).
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #557506

jackrip wrote:Majority of players are appearing on sybil because sybil is where the players are at. That is because it is on the hub and bagil is not. When sybil was not on the hub it was basically equal / slightly less pop than bagil. As soon as it was put on the hub the pop shot up.

Either remove sybil from the hub (my preferred) or add bagil (and remove the bunker).
Wrong. Sybil was consistently hitting <10 players, we could have bobbahbrown look at avg player counts for when sybil wasn't hubbed to prove/disprove this
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #557507

Armhulen wrote:Wrong. Sybil was consistently hitting <10 players, we could have bobbahbrown look at avg player counts for when sybil wasn't hubbed to prove/disprove this
I hope the bee works his magic here.
jackrip

Post by jackrip » #557514

Armhulen wrote:
jackrip wrote:Majority of players are appearing on sybil because sybil is where the players are at. That is because it is on the hub and bagil is not. When sybil was not on the hub it was basically equal / slightly less pop than bagil. As soon as it was put on the hub the pop shot up.

Wrong. Sybil was consistently hitting <10 players, we could have bobbahbrown look at avg player counts for when sybil wasn't hubbed to prove/disprove this
What was wrong with my statement? When exactly was sybil put on the hub?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #557520

jackrip wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

i wanna say not soon after new headmins were picked, they changed a lotta stuff with configs.
wabash

Post by wabash » #559536

Armhulen wrote:
jackrip wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

i wanna say not soon after new headmins were picked, they changed a lotta stuff with configs.
So would it be possible to visit that option of putting Bagil on the hub to see if the pop suddenly rises after a few days?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #559544

being on the hub helps existing pop, it doesn't revive pop as seen with sybil (although tbf it was named lowpop so it prob dissuaded people from joining). The issue is the people who played bagil play nigh-exclusively for the pop and not because it's bagil so just go to sybil since it will be the equivalent to the experience you'd have if bagil was hubbed and with players.

Sybil has been on the hub for a while fyi, it just wasnt populated because of above.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
wabash

Post by wabash » #559546

Cobby wrote:being on the hub helps existing pop, it doesn't revive pop as seen with sybil (although tbf it was named lowpop so it prob dissuaded people from joining). The issue is the people who played bagil play nigh-exclusively for the pop and not because it's bagil so just go to sybil since it will be the equivalent to the experience you'd have if bagil was hubbed and with players.

Sybil has been on the hub for a while fyi, it just wasnt populated because of above.
Sybil is on secret and I prefer dynamic, I've actually been putting up with EU pings-- it is suffering. I think it was populated because of the hub and I believe if Bagil was hubbed it would become as populated as Sybil is regularly, that is what I am asking is to hub Bagil to see if it becomes populated.
wabash

Post by wabash » #560672

Disregard this post, Thank you.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #560680

imagine having enough pop to populate two servers, much less four and a containment server.
I doubt we would get players to have three running much less the five and spares community is attempting to.
SSethtiders were never permanent pop so i imagine about three is where we will land up in at the end of this.

And doubt not, the end is near.
IT IS COMING ON WHEELS OF FIRE AND THINGS MAKING SLIGHTLY DEFLATED SOUND.
signnatrire
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #560932

Hub config from ~2020/03/16 through ~2020/04/04:
  • Basil: Off
  • Sybil: On
  • Terry: On
  • Events: On
  • Manuel: Off
Current:
  • Basil: On
  • Sybil: Off
  • Terry: Off
  • Events: On
  • Manuel: Off
Reeeee wrote:imagine having enough pop to populate two servers, much less four and a containment server.
I doubt we would get players to have three running much less the five and spares community is attempting to.
SSethtiders were never permanent pop so i imagine about three is where we will land up in at the end of this.

And doubt not, the end is near.
IT IS COMING ON WHEELS OF FIRE AND THINGS MAKING SLIGHTLY DEFLATED SOUND.
We're consistently hitting 200+ concurrent players across five servers daily during peak times, not counting TGMC.
jackrip

Take Bagil off the hub and keep sybil off the hub

Post by jackrip » #561211

I'd like to request that we keep both bagil and sybil off the hub.

This is mainly due to the impact of really high player counts

- Whatever server is on the hub will receive and extraordinary amount of players, as I type this bagil is hitting 90 pop.

- Massive amounts of players causes heavily time dilation, making the server much less playable and much less enjoyable.

- Admins may become burnt out from the sheer volume of tickets going through with so many first time players

- Whatever server that is not on the hub is very low pop, if neither were on we would see a balance in the playerbase like what was happening before sybil went on the hub

Please add to the discussion
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Take Bagil off the hub and keep sybil off the hub

Post by Arianya » #561221

Merging this into the other thread since it's still active so there's not really a need for a new thread to discuss the very recent changes.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562824

The auto-hub system has been enabled on all servers except Manuel, at 40 population a server will be removed from the Hub, if it ever goes below that number it will be put back on the Hub.
This should keep us from playing whack-a-mole with putting servers on and off the hub in the future.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Enable auto-hub.
Phuzzylodgik: Enable auto-hub
TWATICUS: Enable auto-hub