Shaps NickDewitt Admin blows me up because he doesn't like proposed station name

NDewitt
Byond Username: NickDewitt

Shaps NickDewitt Admin blows me up because he doesn't like proposed station name

Post by NDewitt » #560125

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Sybil
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: NickDewitt
Admin: Shaps
Round ID: 136011
Detailed summary: Was playing captain, for about a minute. Wanted to name the station something along the lines of CatgirlsRGay 1488 or something near that, rather than just rejecting it the admin blew me up and rejected it, I then tried to name the station JanniesRMad 1488 and got blown up again, After that very bullshit event I complained and explained in ooc cause how else am I going to, the reason the explosion happened was cause an admin was mad, I then got banned for talking about something that CANNOT happen without admin intervention, also which happened because an admin was mad. In the last round there was shit talking about catgirls which is why i wanted to name it that cause it was a joke.

This is a blatant abuse of power and should not be allowed , I don't care about having to wait one day but getting banned because an admin is mad is bullshit. If you don't like the name just reject it, if you wanna annoy me in game, give me a sickness or something not blow me up. hell a better joke would've been to turn me into a catgirl.

(mod edit to switch the format to the admin complaint one so it's easier to respond to, some irrelevant info cut)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Shaps NickDewitt Admin blows me up because he doesn't like proposed station name

Post by Cobby » #560127

To clarify since I was the one that BSAd you for the cringe name as well as initiated the ahelp (Shaps did the ban obv), just because smiting can only be done through admins doesn't mean its OOC, just like a whisper in your head would be considered IC or the shuttle being called with a different text than the standard (admins called the shuttle). If it happens in the game world, regardless of source, it is in character. A good rule of thumb is just to never mention anything that could be construed as pertaining to the current round in ooc.

For the BSA specifically, think Centcomm is blasting you (hence why its called BlueSpace Artillery).

Regarding the BSA since I was the one doing that, I do not have to offer you *fun* ways of getting bullied because that would encourage you to do it more. Your proposed names were dumb so I blasted you for it and when I realized you wouldnt stop I deleted the renaming paper. I would have let you died had it not been Ops although that was kinda moot once you got banned.
Last edited by Cobby on Fri May 01, 2020 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
NDewitt

Re: Shaps NickDewitt Admin blows me up because he doesn't like proposed station name

Post by NDewitt » #560128

How is that relevant to admin abuse, your supposed to be adults, not children
NDewitt

Post by NDewitt » #560129

How is that not admin abuse, just fucking delete the paper or at the worst job ban me, don't be a child and take 1/5 of my health
NDewitt

Post by NDewitt » #560131

All of your actions are justified by emotion, not a rule or logical punishment. Kinda looks bad for you
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #560135

NDewitt wrote:How is that relevant to admin abuse, your supposed to be adults, not children
you're*

Add me to the complaint, I hit the BSA button at the same time as Cobby. BSAing is an acceptable IC punishment for naming the station stupid shit, I've had the same happen to me before. You then received an IC in OOC ban because yes, what you did is in fact IC in OOC. You've also been warned for IC in OOC literally four times prior to this ban.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #560136

I think it's a fine punishment for a stupid name, it doesn't gimp you the entire round unless you don't get it treated (or in your case do it several times over and receive more BSAs). If you wanted a jobban next time just F1 it and I'll happily become the embodiment of justice for you.

I would say acting surprised you get blasted multiple times for doing the same thing repeatedly is a bit less logical than me pressing the hyperlinked SMITE button that comes beside the messages informing me you changed the station name (to something stupid).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #560145

Quit trying to name the station nazi shit and you won't get hit with a BSA.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #560723

If you would like to avoid being smited by Central Command's BSA beam in the future, we would suggest you refrain from inserting dumb nazi references into the station name. Twice.

Smiting players that send dumb messages to central or set bad-faith station names is something of a tradition around here. It's also an efficient way of teaching the smitee that they should knock off whatever dumb thing they're doing.

We suggest you take this lesson to heart.

Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.