shirbu complaint serious discussion

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

shirbu complaint serious discussion

Post by terranaut » #560789

Bottom post of the previous page:

cringe admin playing out his power phantasies by dicking on a player and putting his path to righteousness above the round of everyone else for requesting cringe music
Last edited by terranaut on Wed May 06, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: shirbu complaint serious discussion

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #560901

Take two! Action!
wesoda25 wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:anuv (usually) has better takes than you though
Your takes aren't much better, so I understand why you would think this.
lol
Last time on the /tg/station 13 forum thread, anuv and the gang were figuring exactly WHO has the worst takes on everything.

Next time on the /tg/station 13 forum thread:
no u: the argument
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560902

Every day i wake up smiling, because I know I am superior in every way to people with roman busts as their pfp
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #560903

That's nice Wesoda, you keep telling yourself that.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560904

I never care what white noise posters have to say on here when their very first post is a ban appeal. Doubly so when they lie in said appeal.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #560907

"Rent free lmao" "I never care"

I'm flattered that you clearly care enough to stalk posts from over a year ago. Also flattered you took the time to add something completely wrong just for me (also reminding me eagle existed, he was cool shame he left).

Shame you couldn't flip your stance on posting stupid shit as opposed to your stance pretending you were cool and uncaring.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560913

Anyways before this thread was derailed for no reason again Shirbu was fine. Be an epic moron in ahelps and get what's coming. He could have still had the disk given to someone ("take the disk in my backpack"). Just remove screen rotate as an admin option until it's able to be reversed if it's that big of a deal.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #560921

Screen rotation is done by vareditting. It's not a smite or anything.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #560924

wesoda singlehandedly killed the n word thread with gravelposting, that definitely throws him a good few leagues up.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #560926

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:"Rent free lmao" "I never care"

I'm flattered that you clearly care enough to stalk posts from over a year ago. Also flattered you took the time to add something completely wrong just for me (also reminding me eagle existed, he was cool shame he left).

Shame you couldn't flip your stance on posting stupid shit as opposed to your stance pretending you were cool and uncaring.
cheezlus crust anuv this dude really has your number, better make like the roman statue in his avatar and bust!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #560931

"serious discussion"
SumFaggotPlayTester
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #560934

tl;dr Sumfag is a fag more news at 11

Hey hey people. A random faggot here. tl;dr just find capn_monkeypaw's response in this thread for the only acceptable answer. Nothing else needs to be added. Going to also added the round did not end in the station getting nuked; read the logs. MALF won as expected. It was a loneop nukie that got chosen shortly after I got there (Logs show this as disky was not secured. Blame the HoP; HoP man bad for not securing disky.). To be exact the loneop arrived when the HoP unlocked my quarters. Shirbu had nothing to do with the loneop & I'm not sure why some people think otherwise (If complete opposite of the sentence I typed disregard it as SumFaggot being a retard.).
wesoda25 wrote:on one hand he probably shouldn’t have fucked with the captain but on the other imagine complaining when you ahelp retarded shit and an admin messes with you
Yeah, you got a point. Main disagreement is when the punishment chosen. Would have accepted nuggeting as at least that is fixable. Main issue was the screne being FUBAR, the full immersion is doable as a resp virus can solve that issue in a heart beat. Completely expected to get some shit for the suggestion just not what was given.
wesoda25 wrote:also wheres my peanut thread about the bgo complaint, that seems like a much more egregious case of admin abuse
Point served; that deserves more attention than my jackass complaint.
Kryson wrote:I don't see how the song is racist.

The song is about a dignified southern gentleman of colour expressing his desire for clean Christian living and civil rights without involving the northern race hustling carpetbaggers of the NAACP.
Memes aside its completely racist. The time it was made it was a political song but now we can look back & laugh at it. A modern version would be meth addicted white trash in a trailer park most likely with jiggaboos robbing people while normal whites/blacks just sigh their disappointment at both groups.
Anuv wrote:Dude I loveeeeeee "ironic" racism hahahaha but actually the brain worms have decayed my mind so much it's no longer ironic and I'm a completely racist shithead whose mind instantly goes to "Alabama Nigger" when people wanted some fun joke songs played hahahaha IM NOT RACIST BTW im just a funny epic troller xD just a bit of IRONY y'all wowweee
Its almost like comedy is subjective? wowweee And yes I'm racist. You are to most likely; as the only way beyond it is accepting it & over coming that human nature instead of hiding from it & personal bias.
Anuv wrote:throw the disk to the HoP this isn't hard
Probably should have done that but since the loneop event passed beyond I could even secure disky there is not much point unless the round goes on another 30-45 minutesish. That and me talking to Shirbu, along with the screne, made my mongolian subhuman brain focus on other things. Hindsight it did not matter as HoP killed the nukie & MALF raped the station as a God given right (Good AI, 10/10 play on them. Borgofactory din du nuffin wrong.).
terranaut wrote:He couldn't because of the denthead admin you retard, welcome to 10 posts ago
Hindsight is 20/20 & in this case after the loneop I was a tard & did not secury disky. Blame me lol; no need to argue with Anuv.
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:admin should read the rules and understand that when certain roles vital for the shift that require you to message the admins when you leave shouldnt be screen griefed , a real admin wouldnt have given a fuck or just gave some brain damage, a mediocre admin would have offered the cap and a negroid admin would just act like a retard
Yes & no. This punishment can still be applicable based on the situation. Everything when being a DM or admeme is situational; and as such the tools available will differ for such. Main issue is when using one tool set for another. Don't hold it against the admeme for using the wrong tool as we're not all perfect. Expecting otherwise is retarded which I am assuming in good faith you are not being.
Shadowflame909 wrote:Maybe if it wasn't over alabama nigger I'd feel bad for the complaintee

You reap what you sow.
Yeah, you got a point. Bad judgment on my part as I'm not acquainted with Shibru & their taste in comedy.
Armhulen wrote: again what about everyone else on the server who had their game end specifically because of this

i guess i don't feel bad for him either but i do feel bad for the crossfire
Most people where not affected by me. Latejoin cap with HoP basically being acting cap due to the situation. Round would have ended the same if I did not join tbh.
Stickymayhem wrote: The idiot isn't the problem, it's that it wrecked the round and frankly the adminhelp logs are gross powertripping bullshit I dont want to see a hint of in any admin
It did not wreck the round of the crew. This fucked me up &, up to the people who dealt with monkey clone body'ing me, did not really bogg anyone down. The two people, secy & borgo, chose to assist me. Weather this ruined their round or not I can not decide, but from my point of view this did not inadvertently fuck over the entire crew. MALF would still of happened as the AI was a chad & competent at being MALF.
Anuv wrote:Wow dude last time I checked a 90 degree screen rotation didn't disable UI interaction, but I understand that it may be too much for someone whose ckey has Fag in it and loves to send admins the Funny Nigger Song
First time I sent Alabama Nigger as a song request; along with the first time I turned on admin midis to partake in OOC chagrins. Who knows. Maybe you're right since I have Fag in my name. No way its a shit-test to see how people react to judge them before acting right? After all, I'm just some anon faggot on the internet; and as such I lack most the brain cells you have. Clearly you are a better gamer & can adapt to the controls changing on you better than me. Guess I'm just a pleb.

It did not fuck the interface though. The people saying this fucks the UI? Boot a private serb & do it to your self. It does not. Just fucks your screen & makes the sprites a bit fuck but for the most part the same. Shit punishment? I think so. Makes Byond FUBAR? No, it does not. The proof is in the pudding & the git is up to boot a private serb to shit test what I just said.
wesoda25 wrote:so my question is how debilitating is getting your screen rotated actually?
Differs per person & their ability to adapt. I'd probably have been better suited to it if up was down & down was up tbh. Until you get used to it it'll mess with your movement & that's about it.
PKPenguin321 wrote:this is the admin abuse equivalent of security's "he slipped me so he must be valid, and i now have a full license to inhumanely grief and taunt him at my leisure for the rest of the round even though that's fun for no-one but me"
"he ahelped a song request so he must be racist, and i now have a full license to inhumanely grief and taunt him at my leisure for the rest of the round even though that's fun for no-one but me"
should be deadminned
I do not want Shibru deadminned at all. Complaint forum was just a better place to take this than arguing in game as the round went chaotic. If it was not the best place for it then tell me as I'm a newfag. My main disagreement against it is the punishment taken. This is one of the few people who is not obligated to be on during low pop but is. They have shown to be a reasonable person, and most likely still will be even after this, during the vast majority of rounds I've seen them online or in the playercount playing. Of what I've seen of them here, & in game, there is no reason to. They've shown to be a good admeme above all else. Still human & as such you get what you get. Unless there is something else I'm not seeing, or is hidden, they've proven to not be a bad as an admin.
BeeSting12 wrote:Adminhelping a racist song should be no more than a small IC smite from the smite menu and an ahelp reject. I hate racism as much as the next guy but this is excessive.
Outside of capn_monkeypaw's response this. I've added a post in the complaint if anyone else needs clarification.
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Every time I see anuv post it's either straight up factually wrong or just retarded whinge posting. Headmins may have perma'd Deedub from the forums, but no one's ever really gone.

On another note, captain may have been an idiot but Shirbu just took that as an excuse to be a power tripping cunt - shitty admin, would be at home on yogstation.
How are they power tripping? Shit punishment is what I agree on. Power tripping no. Power tripping would be banning me for "song bad, nigger bad, rule 1 don't be a dick." but that is not what happened. They're not some power tripping admeme cunt who goes out of their way to fuck with players. I'm going to assume your post is either a meme or a bad faith argument against them.
Anuv wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Every time I see anuv post it's either straight up factually wrong or just retarded whinge posting. Headmins may have perma'd Deedub from the forums, but no one's ever really gone.

On another note, captain may have been an idiot but Shirbu just took that as an excuse to be a power tripping cunt - shitty admin, would be at home on yogstation.
Rent free lmao
^
NecromancerAnne wrote:
confused rock wrote: Once I tried to get rotating the camera view to work good like it does on polaris, but I failed horribly. wish I didn't, because disorienting yourself with that would be really cool if it fucking worked.
Kevin has something in the works. Looks like it's coming along prettt well too.
Would make the current stations more interesting if the sprite issue can be solved. Overall would be fun playing with normal controls on metastation no. 90,000 round with a different view than the usual.
confused rock wrote:"serious discussion"
Is there any point to this thread besides shitting on Shibru? I can understand how I'm an aspie, but I'm not in favor of them getting shit on due to this unless the "serious discussion" is just a meme.
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #560936

why did op suddenly take a u turn and say "noo i wasnt making a complaint as a complaint more of a discussion!"

weird.............

edit:

also
op whatever your name was wrote:They're not some power tripping admeme cunt who goes out of their way to fuck with players.
this is literally contrary to the content of your complaint

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #560941

bobbahbrown wrote:why did op suddenly take a u turn and say "noo i wasnt making a complaint as a complaint more of a discussion!"

weird.............

edit:

also
op whatever your name was wrote:They're not some power tripping admeme cunt who goes out of their way to fuck with players.
this is literally contrary to the content of your complaint
I should have probably put out my disagreement with the punishment used in the OP then. Thats on me. Sorry for the confusion :\
edit:
in hind sight this probably should have been dealt with privately. I'll do that next time if something like this comes up as I figured the complaint forum for meant loosely for things such as that as well.
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #560942

if you close the appeal i m gonna open it back, not sure what kind of blackmail they tried on you but the complaint is valid, he acted like a retard with admin powers and should get what he deserves
SumFaggotPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #560945

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:if you close the appeal i m gonna open it back, not sure what kind of blackmail they tried on you but the complaint is valid, he acted like a retard with admin powers and should get what he deserves
Unless you can show me them having a history of doing things like this then I'm going to leave the last post I made to it on there. From what I've see/found they haven't shown them self to be a dick. No blackmail was in here at all. If there was a history of shit like this then It would remain open, but as far as I can see there is not. Besides how would they blackmail me? Its not hard to change your IP & get a new Byond account while cutting all social media/forum accounts in less than an hour of work on a free game/sites. Think outside the box anon.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560950

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote: in hind sight this probably should have been dealt with privately.
That completely invalidates the point of accountability.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #560951

> resolving admin shittery in private

read: help admins got me by the balls they know where I live if I don’t cooperate they will kill my family with estrogen overdose
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #560954

terranaut wrote:
SumFaggotPlayTester wrote: in hind sight this probably should have been dealt with privately.
That completely invalidates the point of accountability.
PLEASE dont resolve things privately, I want to argue with the same six guys over your admin conduct for 30 pages!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #560955

we have the admin complaints there for a reason, you're using it correctly
SumFaggotPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #560956

Okay, in that case I'll keep that in mind for future complaints if they happen. I just didn't think it would go this overboard since I figured it was mostly me complaining about the punishment
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #560964

I was not involved in this situation in any way but I'm going to crash through the window to scream about how angry it makes me even when the people actually involved already handled it like adults
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560968

SumFaggotPlayTester you have proven yourself as a standup guy, I just wish you linked a funny youtube poop instead of a very racist song and none of this would ever happen, just imagine if you were born as an African American and someone was making these jokes at your expense, please try to put yourself in the shoes of a person of color, comedy may be subjective but bigotry is not. This is coming from someone who loved "funny" racist jokes in FYAD/SomethingAwful at 15 before I grew up and realized that it isn't funny and that ironic racism absolutely can evolve into real racism. Luckily that was not the case for me but I saw lots of people go down a very dark path. Take this experience as a lesson that bigotry and hate can have very real consequences - admin punishment today, beaten to an inch of your life tomorrow. What if your parents saw this thread, what would they think? About your behavior? Or friends, co-workers? Would they be laughing along with you? I ask you to step back and look at the situation from another person's perspective and realize that hate in any form can poison you down to your bones. Your soul. Do not give in and try to enjoy life for what it is with new sincerity.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Post by SumFaggotPlayTester » #560972

Have to disagree anuv. I'm only going to say that I did come from a place where out of town niggers from the north came & race rioted the only big town in our county which resulted in it burning & getting shot up; predominately due to a wealthy black family warning them off from burning a larger town down. Amazing how wealth can buy you the equivalent of legal mercs in the US in the 60s with the state you reside in not caring. Best part is the economic damage persist to this day with the bullet holes still in the damn post office. Even funnier how the whites & blacks from here despise them to this day for fucking us over. There is a difference between white trash & niggers compared to normal blacks & whites going about their daily lives without a care for stepping on each other as we're neighbors. Be happy you are not in an area that still suffers from the consequences of such happening decades before your arrival due to trashy people thinking it was fine to ruin locals lives no matter their racial background by coming to your county to "politically protest" with firebombs & small arms.

This is a game about spessmans & paranoia; its best left for that with a touch of black and/or racial humor. I don't care about your background & I don't expect you to care for mine. Just know the entire racial bullshit is not as black and white as its presented. And the modern equivalent of it paints it black and white more than it actually was. All I can tell you is racial backgrounds get dropped really quick when you share a garden to cut costs with your neighbor in your youth before you go into greener pastures. Dark humor makes things a lot more reasonable in face of reality.

A better conversation than the two pages on this is why we need to lynch that damn albino clown for lacking any since of comedy. Ten meter jhonson jokes are so last year. (inb4 new vox PR get merged for them to come back ten fold)
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #560975

>me starts reading post above
wtf
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #560977

SumFaggot is based here and the punishment went overboard, but just send the guy a message. We're reasonable folk, if all you want is an acknowledgement of it being overboard there's no reason to start making admin complaints.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #560985

FloranOtten wrote:SumFaggot is based here and the punishment went overboard, but just send the guy a message. We're reasonable folk, if all you want is an acknowledgement of it being overboard there's no reason to start making admin complaints.
That is literally the purpose of admin complaints.

They aren't there to remove admins, they exist so we can form a consensus on what is acceptable and keep admins accountable to it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #560987

This seems like it had a good outcome.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #560993

Stickymayhem wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:SumFaggot is based here and the punishment went overboard, but just send the guy a message. We're reasonable folk, if all you want is an acknowledgement of it being overboard there's no reason to start making admin complaints.

They aren't there to remove admins, they exist so we can form a consensus on what is acceptable and keep admins accountable to it.
And it seems shirbu agreed that this went overboard. No need to make it public.

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #560994

FloranOtten wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

And it seems shirbu agreed that this went overboard. No need to make it public.
What's wrong with handling things in public.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #560995

'cause it goes on public record. It's like with notes. No matter the content, someone will look at the amount and go "what a shitter."

Give me feedback!
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #560996

woah, flutenotten coming with the hot facts, i cant even decide which road to go, show how the note system is a mistake (proof is flourineotten's det ban lol, he based it on notes instead of reality) or how alarming is the effort he is putting on "wow this justified complaint might show that this person did a shitty thing, it might ruin his reputation!, better hide under the carpet in private "
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560997

FloranOtten wrote:'cause it goes on public record. It's like with notes. No matter the content, someone will look at the amount and go "what a shitter."
dont behave like a shitter then
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #560998

FloranOtten wrote:'cause it goes on public record. It's like with notes. No matter the content, someone will look at the amount and go "what a shitter."
you used a note you yourself made on a player to treat him like a shitter lmao
how can you justify that but get upset it could happen to your fellow admin?
admin metaclique was better when it was just a meme
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #560999

I dont even know where to begin with this take
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #561000

:roll:
[this space reserved]
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #561001

The player is based here and the kill went overboard, but just send the guy a discord pm. they're reasonable folk, if all you want is an acknowledgement of it being overboard there's no reason to start making adminhelps.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #561002

Cobby wrote:The player is based here and the kill went overboard, but just send the guy a discord pm. they're reasonable folk, if all you want is an acknowledgement of it being overboard there's no reason to start making adminhelps.
Closer to leaving a note for a minor ahelp conversation.

Give me feedback!
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #561004

Flottin comparing complaints to notes while simultaneously noting for every single admin interaction.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #561007

saying that the player shouldnt make a complaint when they could just PM when the admin could have just ignored them or sent them a reply ahelp saying "no" in the first place is a boiling hot take
sorry but i have to get my valids! this player said n****** so i can grief them now regardless of every other factor in the round!!!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #561010

FloranOtten wrote:
Cobby wrote:The player is based here and the kill went overboard, but just send the guy a discord pm. they're reasonable folk, if all you want is an acknowledgement of it being overboard there's no reason to start making adminhelps.
A PM that is explicitly between the two parties is not the same as a note/ahelp that can be viewed by other people (even just admins) during and after the action has taken place for reference.

If people didn’t like how someone behaved as an administrator they should complaint it for logging purposes in the same way that you should use notes to log actions admins don’t like so they aren’t giving the same person ability to do it over and over.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #561011

Cobby wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:
A PM that is explicitly between the two parties is not the same as a note/ahelp that can be viewed by other people (even just admins) during and after the action has taken place for reference.

If people didn’t like how someone behaved as an administrator they should complaint it for logging purposes in the same way that you should use notes to log actions admins don’t like so they aren’t giving the same person ability to do it over and over.
That's a good point.

Give me feedback!
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #561012

FloranOtten wrote:
Cobby wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:

That's a good point.
Isn't there a "don't handle administrative things through discord" rule on purpose. I'm really replying two things up the chain, but if the choice becomes "oh my bad I owe you a token" or anything other than apology then it gets weird. If the party is unhappy with the outcome in discord then oh great now we have both server logs AND discord logs to go over to decide if their behavior was inappropriate.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #561016

I was thinking of forum PMs.

Give me feedback!
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #561060

opening a complaint thread to be like "I don't like this thing you did as an admin" so you can hash it out on the record is fine, that's not the same as "dragging it into public"

an example of dragging it into public would be this thread
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #561073

this thread is the result of peanut rules having changed some time ago
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #561095

If by some time ago you mean "January 2015" then sure
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #561110

it was somewhere in my absence so sure
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #561149

ok terranaut let us know when you gain administrative experience

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Shirbu
Byond Username: Shirbu

Post by Shirbu » #664153

I'm gonna commit the most heinous of necroposts, but only because this is unironically the first time I'm seeing this particular thread, and there's a lesson in it.

For this interaction, I was incredibly unprofessional in my PMs, used a punishment that was disproportionate with the bait employed, and did not clean up after myself afterward. In this instance, it would be accurate to say that I was powertripping.

It would not have been unreasonable for me to have been demoted.

Admins should, as a general rule, be held accountable publicly for the mistakes that they don't admit to and immediately rectify. I didn't admit to wrongdoing, or do anything to rectify it in the bwoink.

Ultimately the admin complaint is rarely for the benefit of the creator of said complaint, but instead for the benefit of every other player that might be subjected to that behavior.

If it isn't a behavior that you want other players to be subjected to, a complaint is probably valid. For all that I am heartened to have been defended by SumFaggotPlayTester, I really don't want an admin to do to me what I did to SumFaggotPlayTester.

This was a valid admin complaint, and would have been right to be upheld rather than closed. I think it would perhaps be better if it was upheld, so that it would be seen as an example of how not to employ admin punishments in general.

Edit: I've not freshened up on forum rules for necroposting. If this post is a problem, I apologize.