BGObandit peanut thread

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

BGObandit peanut thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #560833

Does BGO in your username stand for boardgamesonline thus making you the boardgamesonlinebandit

or...
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: BGObandit peanut thread

Post by wesoda25 » #560867

yeah deathsquad was a dumb move
[this space reserved]
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #560876

I managed to get a pulse rifle, get the implant required to shoot it, kill a second trooper with the help of an assistant.

I died to fire from offscreen from another trooper while trying to heal.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #560894

Widescreen is a hell of a power up.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #560895

Death squad was pretty dumb, but at the same time I give him props for apologising and offering antag tokens to all the lings to try make it right - guy is a good admin.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #560896

NecromancerAnne wrote:Widescreen is a hell of a power up.
I had widescreen too, it was literally just missed shots from another fight.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #560915

Bridge was made into a party room sure but I didn't see the brig/armory and I didn't think it was too crazy of a round, either way it was a shock to see Deathsquad roll up. I thought it was extended until I saw dchat. It was funny though.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #560920

Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #560927

Domitius wrote:Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
gonna cite that next time i kill someone for no reason and i get bwoinked
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #560929

yeah no one was prepared for admin pulling a gene ball and not being deadmined on the spot
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #560940

Assistants deconstructed entire bridge, hehehe. If I was captain, I would have turned security into a deathsquad myself. BGO did nothing wrong, should have handed every bitch complaining a 1 week ban on top.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #560963

i mildly dislike bgobandit as his conduct as an admin has time and time again proven he likes adminbus more than actual administration
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #560979

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:yeah no one was prepared for admin pulling a gene ball and not being deadmined on the spot
Yeah look making a bad call that ruins one round isn't deadminworthy. Guy even acknowledges he make an error and will probably be more cautious in the future.

Heads will probably accept the complaint but do nothing about it since the guy has pretty much sorted it out for them.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #560981

The only way you're getting deadmin'd is a severe breach of security, some common sense shit like putting someone's well being at active risk in some way, and consistently being really bad and abusive of your position with no obvious sign of improvement. This last bit is what killed Dinkle. We afford some measure of good faith when it might be something someone could improve upon and maybe they just weren't aware.

I've been repeatedly told that it isn't being an arsehole that will get you deadmin'd, because if so we'd have deadmin'd many members of the team a long time ago.

(Not that the team is full of arseholes. I'm maybe a bit abrasive at my worst haha)
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #560982

NecromancerAnne wrote:The only way you're getting deadmin'd is a severe breach of security, some common sense shit like putting someone's well being at active risk in some way, and consistently being really bad and abusive of your position with no obvious sign of improvement. This last bit is what killed Dinkle. We afford some measure of good faith when it might be something someone could improve upon and maybe they just weren't aware.

I've been repeatedly told that it isn't being an arsehole that will get you deadmin'd, because if so we'd have deadmin'd many members of the team a long time ago.

(Not that the team is full of arseholes. I'm maybe a bit abrasive at my worst haha)
Then any admin can pull his trap card
[youtube]9nAfdJNooEE[/youtube]
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #561008

NecromancerAnne wrote:The only way you're getting deadmin'd is a severe breach of security, some common sense shit like putting someone's well being at active risk in some way, and consistently being really bad and abusive of your position with no obvious sign of improvement. This last bit is what killed Dinkle. We afford some measure of good faith when it might be something someone could improve upon and maybe they just weren't aware.

depends who's headmin
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #561009

Wtf I was a ling but I survived do I still get the token since I redtexted?!!!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #561091

yes
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #561093

trying to deescalate dumb captain from killing entire assistant pop on 70ish players even if they did decon entire bridge and broke upload
Why? Why would you try to deescalate "the level of griff and tide taking place in the round was some of the worst I have seen in the roughly 7 years" in the first place?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #561098

This is a prime example of why you dont give an IC response to people shitting about and screaming in OOC/Deadchat. The greytiders get rewarded by getting to be the deathsquad/fight a deathsquad, while the round antags / crew who did nothing wrong whatsoever get shat on by the most powerful force an admin can create.

If People are IC in OOCing / shitting up OOC faster than you can slap them, you turn off OOC.

Theres even a button that turns off OOC *just* for deadchat shitters.

If the grey tide is breaking the rules in a more serious way than Occupy Bridge Party Time Lmao, they get banned.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #561103

trollbreeder wrote:i mildly dislike bgobandit as his conduct as an admin has time and time again proven he likes adminbus more than actual administration
What does this even MEAN
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #561105

Anuv wrote:Bridge was made into a party room sure but I didn't see the brig/armory and I didn't think it was too crazy of a round, either way it was a shock to see Deathsquad roll up. I thought it was extended until I saw dchat. It was funny though.
armory was fine and nobody bothered sec. Cap stood there and argued lethals over one Curator trying to kill me specifically cus he was metagrudging and breaking da rools.
Rest of the antags weren't even playing as far as i can tell.
Lumbermancer wrote:
trying to deescalate dumb captain from killing entire assistant pop on 70ish players even if they did decon entire bridge and broke upload
Why? Why would you try to deescalate "the level of griff and tide taking place in the round was some of the worst I have seen in the roughly 7 years" in the first place?
cus it wasn't that. bridge and upload got deconned, rest of the station was all "werk werk" and being polite n shiet. it was teh 20+ assistant pop who had nothing to do that self-incited on deconning adventure for giggles.
That's not shit you pull lethals out for. Riotguns and flashbangs, sure, but sec just stood around and told each other "we need lethals we need lethals". They were escalating it themselves. I saw exactly ONE incident of causing bodily harm and that was the aforementioned curator.
Sure, ICly it's caps right to pull lethals when revolution is taking place but he stood in brig being scared and i was out on patrol in the middle of it and got a hug from "revolution" multiple times.

It should be noted here that i have zero fuse on lethals as sec.
Harm and get hardcritted.
signnatrire
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #561180

But assistant exists only to fuck shit up, or to be more precise, an assistant main does. Unless something drastically changed when I was out, assistant does not assist, assistant doesn't get hired by other departments, assistant doesn't help. Assistant does what they please.
And how do you imagine using non-lethals on 20+ assistant pop would work? From my experience it would only escalate into more violence inevitably consuming the round.
And how do you imagine arresting 20+ assistants would work? Or better yet, how do you imagine arresting THREE assistants would pan out for you? Because I imagine them screaming over radio, calling their 20+ buddies and inciting riots, see above.
But I may be totally wrong, I'm just saying it not believing an admin would call for death squad for funsies.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #561195

Lumbermancer wrote:But assistant exists only to fuck shit up, or to be more precise, an assistant main does.
But I may be totally wrong, I'm just saying it not believing an admin would call for death squad for funsies.
Precisely.
It was called because assistants turned assailants because there is only 50 "job" slots.

They don't give us normie sec teargas nades for some reason cus that's "riot gear" and higher ups were too busy going "lethals lethals" to consider non-lethal options. One teargas would have cleared it our real quick. Multiple to keep it cleared. but since there was no windows it was already a lost cause to keep secured, arguing death for it is silly. You try to arrest a assistant, you get shoved to stam crit, you try to lethal em, sec is now valid in it's entirety.
I was preventing mass decon party from turning into a murderparty aimed at my department and captain while in crit thanks to a curator murdering me. Even tho the fucks surely deserved to be shoved and tabled twice over for suggesting lethals over deconning area that's marked "high security" for roleplay reasons. there's actually nothing inside the bridge that's really that high risk. (well, fireaxe) Especially as it got kinda turned into ad-hoc research recently, i have been ignoring people inside since they seem to be using the computers to do their job.
Regardless, how do you arrest 20 assistants? You talk to em one-by-one.
Even the worst of the worst and absolute trash assistant mains all secs hate are actually rational people who really do talk to you if you give em a chance to do that. Unless, of course, if they got antag status, then you are fucked ten ways to heaven.

Of course, none of my work and effort mattered, because admin got fucking salty and decided to press the retard button and turn bit of decon into dsquad and punish all 70ish players and reward the antag rollers.
He COULD have given them shit do do like enabling gateway or etc. Loot hunt in maint with admin items... There was no consideration to prevent and defuse, only thing he went for was immediate dsquad because he hated current population of players so fucking much at the time.
Sec and admin both did dumdumb. Other i was solving ICly, second i can't do but admin complaint.

Funsies, no, bad judgement, yes.
signnatrire
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #561196

I have a hard time believing people greytide because there's no slots.

Your options, if this was true, would be:

1) Ask for an increase in slots
2) Create unique jobs that you yourself would be interested in if you are unwilling to branch out to play other jobs than the ones you keep failing to roll
3) (not manuel) play another server that has slots open

If you think

4) Go assistant and grief until someone (antag or otherwise) forces the shuttle to be called so you can roll again

is an acceptable option you should not be surprised when you get trashed/banned/etc.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #561197

Cobby wrote:I have a hard time believing people greytide because there's no slots.
Just being facetitious about it.
It was ultra-high pop imo and bagle was back so people were happy it was back and all their buddies were back together so they ree'd over bridge.
That's about the reasoning for it i imagine.
Some guy going "let's meme the bridge frens" and then it was that since hivemindery.
It surely didn't help there was 20ish pop of no jobs tho.
Speaking of, ""Create unique jobs that you yourself would be interested in ""
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23891

It's just a slow process, apparently.
signnatrire
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #561245

garbage complaint made by a garbage player
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #561413

>bagil
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #561467

actioninja wrote:garbage complaint made by a garbage player

(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561844

Did they seriously server ban the guy for making a dumb call?

B r u h
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #561846

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Did they seriously server ban the guy for making a dumb call?

B r u h
i mean players get banned for making dumb calls too. what's the issue?
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561848

Armhulen wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Did they seriously server ban the guy for making a dumb call?

B r u h
It's just bizarre - what was the point of it?

Guy plainly admits he's in the wrong offers antag tokens to make it right. You ban players to say "yo this isn't what you should be doing please understand this" not because "well you did something wrong so you just have to get banned sorry". Who benefits from it in this case?
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #561849

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

B r u h

Guy plainly admits he's in the wrong offers antag tokens to make it right. You ban players to say "yo this isn't what you should be doing please understand this" not because "well you did something wrong so you just have to get banned sorry". Who benefits from it in this case?
It's way less than one day per person killed as a result of his actions.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561850

Nabski wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

B r u h

That doesn't really address my point at all.

Maybe I just don't like punitive action with no real purpose idk.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #561851

They say since the beginning of time people like lumbermancer have been trying to generalize assistants as all shitters due to their own personal dislike for some
[this space reserved]
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #561852

It wasn't even tiding, it was a giant party
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #561853

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Nabski wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

B r u h

That doesn't really address my point at all.

Maybe I just don't like punitive action with no real purpose idk.
i dunno, it's a lot more incentive to not do something again when you can't play for a week because of it, and most admin complaints end exactly as you say- with a warning and apology.

(and that's funny because all of this is exactly how players are treated. it feels good to know nobody is above the process)
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #561854

the worst part of this ban is the headmin team taking the bait from someone who's been known by the community to be perhaps the largest denthead in the server

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #561855

you didnt make the complaint though
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #561859

everytime I think I’ve seen the worse avatar someone like pas or libbysnow proves me wrong
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561861

wesoda25 wrote:everytime I think I’ve seen the worse avatar someone like pas or libbysnow proves me wrong
Roma Invicta, friend :^)
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561864

Cum
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #561881

lame af outcome
angelstarri wrote:the worst part of this ban is the headmin team taking the bait from someone who's been known by the community to be perhaps the largest denthead in the server
4/5 local dentheads agree that this is lame
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #561896

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:The greytiders get rewarded by getting to be the deathsquad/fight a deathsquad, while the round antags / crew who did nothing wrong whatsoever get shat on by the most powerful force an admin can create.
This is entirely the problem with using ghosts to spawn death-squads and why I detest buttons. The only purpose they have is to generally end the round arbitrarily. People act like shit and then get that as a reward while being dead.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #561897

Cobby wrote:you didnt make the complaint though
yes im a denthead but i can deal with consequences, don't hold grudges and i have at least 1 working braincell in comparison to libby snow who cannot comply with any of the previous statements

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561908

actioninja wrote:lame af outcome
angelstarri wrote:the worst part of this ban is the headmin team taking the bait from someone who's been known by the community to be perhaps the largest denthead in the server
4/5 local dentheads agree that this is lame

You have nothing to fear as a maintainer jannie

But once you step into the turd wrangling babysitting ring

There are actual consequences for your dissatisfying actions -ninja.
► Show Spoiler
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #561933

oof ow, am so hurt.
What's the metagrudge gang after my ass that never plays with me doe? Where did i touch you angelstarri? Kindly never stop being 12 i guess.
Having fun is so much easier when you act dumb like that.

Goddamn, to be able to bait headmins like that i must be really oranges alt-account so better watch out i'll remove your department next.
I am also the greatest idiot to ever live at the same time with no redeeming qualities.
Or is this a touchy subject for you.
signnatrire
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #562058

Reeeee wrote:oof ow, am so hurt.
What's the metagrudge gang after my ass that never plays with me doe? Where did i touch you angelstarri? Kindly never stop being 12 i guess.
Having fun is so much easier when you act dumb like that.

Goddamn, to be able to bait headmins like that i must be really oranges alt-account so better watch out i'll remove your department next.
I am also the greatest idiot to ever live at the same time with no redeeming qualities.
Or is this a touchy subject for you.
you're not an oranges alt, you can't code

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #562064

trollbreeder wrote: you're not an oranges alt, you can't code
No, i do that on my alt account of course stupid ???????
signnatrire
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #562066

I dont really see why people think the ban to the admin is too far? we ban players all the time for murders they cause. bandit caused abunch of innocent people to die because they wanted rid of abunch of tiders.. if they had done something different and maybe sent someone to deal with just tiders this wouldnt have been an issue.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032