Note appeals - Jackrip

Appeals which have been closed.
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Note appeals - Jackrip

Post by jackrip » #562128

I'd like to discuss 2 notes that I would like revised or removed.

The first is a note / 20 minute ban from Vekter stating the following:

Code: Select all

2020-04-12 07:42:47 | Sybil | Vekter
Banned from the server for 20 minutes - IC in OOC, linked a list of people he killed.
I posted a picture in ooc that was of roughly 25 remains next to the SM that came from me setting up disposals to empty into the SM. It was not from that round. Vekter asked in OOC "I hope that isn't from this round". I said "It is" thinking Vekter would just look at the supermatter engine, as losing 25 living players is a very noticeable event. I realize I should have just not joked and said no.

At that point vekter said "From sybil?" and I said "yes" (it was from sybil, just a different round) and then received a 20 minute ban. The ban description is incorrect and I would like it to be adjusted or removed. The actual issue with what I did would be fake ic ock, but from my perspective it was a silly question and could have been verified very quickly.

The next note is as follows:

Code: Select all

2020-02-21 07:15:36 | Bagil | Vekter
Banned from the server for 5 minutes - Quit spamming deadchat
Something ridiculous was happening in dchat, someone said something confounding, less than 10 words total, and I copied and pasted it into dchat 3 times. Vekter then banned me without any ahelps or communication. I believe this was a unreasonable action seeing as I don't have any previous history of spamming and the actual message I posted was very small, not copy pasta or long in any way.

If you need logs for either of these I could log dive through that day and see if I can get results.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Note appeals - Jackrip

Post by Vekter » #562134

I personally feel like either of these are very minor notes, but we'll go through them one by one.

The IC in OOC points to a specific rule we have regarding fake IC in OOC - if you pretend like something is IC in OOC, even if it's not actually about this round, you still get slapped. It's to prevent people from doing stupid 'lul I got yu' bullshit using IC in OOC. As far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't have had to go back in the logs to confirm the veracity of what you said. You outright told me it was IC in OOC and thus you were banned. This is the equivalent of being stabbed after asking if someone is going to stab you. This note stands.

The second one regarding spam is extremely minor. Unless you performed that exact same bad behavior again I doubt it would ever factor into anything important. That being said, I'm willing to lift it if you understand why dropping the same thing in deadchat three times in a row is annoying and shouldn't be done.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
jackrip
Byond Username: Jackrip

Post by jackrip » #562150

If I was banned for fake ick ock shouldn’t the note reflect that instead of actual ic in ooc? You wouldn’t have needed to log dive but rather just look at the supermatter. I did not post that picture with any intention of pretending it was from that round. I only joked about it when you asked instead of just doing some basic investigation.

As for repeating something in dchat, sure, I just want the note removed.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #562205

Okay, I modified the first note.
Banned from the server for 20 minutes - Fake IC in OOC is still IC in OOC.
The second note has been removed.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you