Random hardcore feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Random hardcore feedback

Post by Qustinnus » #561383

Leave your feedback about hardcore random mode here. Or post ideas for new additions.

I saw that name randomization broke, so I'll fix that soon
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Random hardcore feedback

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561418

why cant i have hardcore + static name /apparence on a rp game

does braindead on shuttle pod give you points?

does latejoining count?

is it server based or global points?
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561420

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:why cant i have hardcore + static name /apparence on a rp game
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:make it random name only then because having green afro, purple beard black woman only ruins rp and is only a detriment of this choice of action
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Mon May 11, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #561421

because the point of hardcore random is roleplaying as someone who isnt your character and that you are assuming the role of a character you don't have influence on, allowing people who are interested in it to have a random character where they can fill in the blanks and create an interesting personality around their characteristics. I'm assuming your static doesn't magically get disabilities on a round-per-round basis either.
Tlaltecuhtli wrote: does braindead on shuttle pod give you points?

does latejoining count?

is it server based or global points?
1. not sure

2. no

3. global
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561424

>because the point of hardcore random is roleplaying as someone who isnt your character and that you are assuming the role of a character you don't have influence on, allowing people who are interested in it to have a random character where they can fill in the blanks and create an interesting personality around their characteristics. I'm assuming your static doesn't magically get disabilities on a round-per-round basis either.

make it random name only then because having green afro, purple beard black woman only ruins rp and is only a detriment of this choice of action
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #561449

no, I will consider making the random characters less shit though
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561571

lower the chance of blindness or just make it give 100 points on its own, its the only thing that made me prefer afking or suiciding if rounds last more than 20min, while other bad quirks provide any form of interest or challege this one only gives you boredom, eye sore as it also MAKES EVERYTHING FUCKING GRAY AND GIVES YOU COLOR GLITCHES OF BLUE FLASHINGS OVERTIME and lack of uniqueness
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #561689

i'll consider doing that
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #561763

i'm also wishing random characters were less erratic. when I was enabling anonymous mode, the biggest complaint was that people got ugly characters
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #561771

Blindness was fine when I had it, deafness gives you a much worse penalty in my opinion
It would be nice if it didn't force you as a human every time also
Other than that it's great

However, perhaps change the "all or nothing" approach, right now you have to evac on the shuttle to get any points (I haven't tried the escape pods)

If a round ends without the shuttle leaving you get no points, perhaps you could earn 50% of the points for rounds ending like this?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #561773

I don’t get the complaints, isn’t being ugly part of hardcore? Why complain?
[this space reserved]
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561789

greentexting on hardcore should give you points (with all gamemodes)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #561803

Random in general should be tamer/more sensible, I don't think that's really a feature of hardcore except that it uses the system to generate its characters
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #561811

Even just some basic sanity checks in the character randomiser, like beards and hair always matching in colour, and less chance of crazy hair colours showing up would make the end result much better.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #561829

crew wanting to kill you for looking like a Christmas tree on acid should be considered part of hardcore component
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #561903

One thing I would like to see

In the scoreboard at the end, list the traits the hardcore people had, it saying "X survived as X and earned X points" doesn't mean a great deal
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #561996

Fatal wrote:One thing I would like to see

In the scoreboard at the end, list the traits the hardcore people had, it saying "X survived as X and earned X points" doesn't mean a great deal
Awesome idea, I'll add it :)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #562111

blindness is pretty heckin hXc but why would you want to play as that. i thought the fun was surviving and not getting through a whole round not being able to do anything
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #562116

I tried it now a couple of times. I like the idea, I want to see a high score board that keeps track of points across all rounds, though, there are a few things that piss me off big time.

First of all, what everyone else said: maximum melanin, green afro hair and pirate beard makes me want to close my game window. Fuck your stupid system for min-maxing every god damn value it looks at. With just a bit of tweaking you could roll a random character and not be a substitute for the clown.
Traits and quirks are an understatement. Random hardcore wildly grabs traits, but usually a lot of negative ones. I found that they are brutal handicaps, especially if you're playing a headrole or security. From blindness, mute, social anxiety, schizo, everything is in there, and I rolled these as warden. Either I was sperging out on the ground, jugging pills or visibly shaking from anxiety, unable to talk. I turned the mode off now when I play security or heads, because the negative traits derail my game way too much and it just makes me butthurt. And compared to an assistant that could just lock himself in the toilet for two hours, watch youtube and then come back and board the shuttle, I would have to struggle with a gimped character the entire time, and we would still make the same amount of points. So, I really do like the concept, and I know you're going to tweak and improve it to be as good as it can be, just as it is right now, it's not worth it for me.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #562144

It would help in general if we had natural hair color presets at character creation and then used those for random characters
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562152

would be good if you could choose from multiple randomly generated appearances, they aren't always bad. also certain traits should be blacklisted due to how severely they impact your ability to play. as i said earlier it should be a test of skill and not ability to tolerate not being able to do anything for 40+ minutes
NSFW:

Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #562216

I don't think anything should be blacklisted but, they should give you significantly more points

The majority of traits are passive, bad, but passive

However, brain tumour gives you a lot to manage properly, especially if you aren't working in medical, or you can hope medical knows how to deal with you, the one time I wasn't playing medical and did have a brain tumour, they fucked up my revival pretty badly and left me in the morgue

Also the junkie addictions are different to manage, and can be pretty nasty, especially crank

I'm not sure if it's possible to get deaf and blind in the same round but, that should probably not be a thing also
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #562320

I think you're donuts
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #562473

Please prevent heads/sec from getting this. Turns them into a literal loot pinata, this shouldn't have a negative effect on other people's rounds.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #562501

Headmins said sec was fine
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562553

all a trait like blindness is good for is roleplaying. there's no point in ending up sec if you're blind because there's no way you can your job.
NSFW:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562812

Qustinnus wrote:Headmins said sec was fine
but does your heart say it?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #562832

no i might just remove it from sec