Deep frying deleting things is OP

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Deep frying deleting things is OP

Post by cacogen » #562951

Just something I've noticed over the years. It used to just drop the item but that didn't make much sense. No I won't elaborate but I don't think deep frying posibrains and eating them to delete them is good and as far as I'm aware only the nuke disk can't be deep fried
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: Deep frying deleting things is OP

Post by NoxVS » #562952

cacogen wrote:Just something I've noticed over the years. It used to just drop the item but that didn't make much sense. No I won't elaborate but I don't think deep frying posibrains and eating them to delete them is good and as far as I'm aware only the nuke disk can't be deep fried
I am pretty sure any items that are rare traitor objectives are protected and can't be deep fried, like CE magboots and secret documents. But you can still deep fry a container they are in and eat the container (Folder that documents come in for example)
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562962

Oh okay. Seems like that ever growing list needs some more entries added to it
NSFW:

Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #562975

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/38054

It is still unclear what this accomplished other than allowing people to delete entire rooms with frying oil grenades and spray bottles

Which by the way still allows you to fry the nuke disk and destroy it, forcing a respawn before it can actually be used
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #563064

i wrote this in 2018 in the comments of that PR:
>it wouldn't completely solve the issue but you could transfer the item to the mob's contents and have it reappear if they're gibbed
>and actually you could just have items that aren't in the /food/ path cause the person to vomit them back up after a period of time

something i wrote way back i'm not actually cringing at and still agree with
Mickyan wrote: Which by the way still allows you to fry the nuke disk and destroy it, forcing a respawn before it can actually be used
fairly egregious exploit it's a wonder it's gone unfixed for so long
NSFW: