Trialmin Review: Vekter

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Trialmin Review: Vekter

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562810

Vekter has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly one month since their last review.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: Trialmin Review: Vekter

Post by cybersaber101 » #562834

A lovely admin who does plenty of mini events...sometimes to increase engagement, promote!
Last edited by cybersaber101 on Sat May 30, 2020 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #562842

Often on during Manuel lowpop hours. Regularly has to stop what he's doing in-game to manage ahelps, which he does quickly and efficiently. Pls keep.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #562879

Working with Vekter has been great. We have opinions that differ enough to create dialogue rather than conflict. They have demonstrated the flexibility necessary to function in this role. I appreciate having them around when I am adminning. Promote.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #562884

Annotation 2020-05-26 145617.jpg
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #562905

It's super not easy and, to the credit of the other admins, I've had a few join and go "hey nobody else was on and I saw you were playing you can deadmin if you want".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #562976

Jack7D1 wrote:
Annotation 2020-05-26 145617.jpg
That should be expected from all admins if they remain admin while playing. I'd be genuinely fucking shocked if Vekter was the only person who practiced this.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #563101

Ignoring metaknowledge is expected of all admins. While playing while adminned isn't ideal, an admin should be able to do this.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #563110

playing while adminning is absolutely doable and allowed, albeit not preferable. would suggest only doing it if you can consciously separate your IC knowledge from your OOC knowledge, which if you've ever played a tabletop RPG you should know how that is. vekter is 100% fine in this regard.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BigGrease
Byond Username: BigGrease

Post by BigGrease » #563253

no

vekter interprets rules in the way he likes to interpret them and enforces them as such

An important point is the rule "Don't be a dick"

its vague, but vekter interprets "no hate speech" out of that. not totally unreasonable.

now, I will not defend shitters who use hate speech on servers for a second. I hate hate speech, and I do not use it personally. But, one instance will always stand out to me.

On one round, someone renamed a room "Nigger cattle ranch." Poor taste, immature, but room names are not obvious unless you search for them. Vekter found the room's name, announced in OOC that this was not ok, banned the person responsible, and then muted ooc JUST TO MAKE A POINT as he went on a rant why this was justified.

I was having a non-in-character coversation in ooc at the time, and did not appreciate the global mute of ooc, so I ahelped Vekter to get him to reconsider. Of course, every time ooc was unmuted it was flooded with waves of hate. Had he kept it unmuted, i believe it would have petered out and gotten old and returned to normalcy.

but no

vekter took the fucking bait and KEPT MUTING OOC

I believe vekter, and his style of adminning, is unfit for tg in its current state. We either need to FIRMLY ESTABLISH THE INTERPRETATION OF "DON'T BE A DICK" or vekter needs to relax his social crusading, no matter how noble it is.

now i understand that my position as a person who's only played on tg for a year or so is much weaker than admins who have been on tg for years and years or whatever, but I'm just stating things from my point of view

thanks
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #563278

My only defense is that this happened well over a month ago and I've since improved how I handle matters like that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #563316

While I disagree with Vekter on some stuff, such as handling of some tickets or OOC getting muted on multiple counts just because some minor shit, I do believe Vekter does ok job when it comes to adminning.

What happens upon promotion? My position is somewhere between "delay" and "promote" depending on what promotion does.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #563324

Ivuchnu wrote:While I disagree with Vekter on some stuff, such as handling of some tickets or OOC getting muted on multiple counts just because some minor shit, I do believe Vekter does ok job when it comes to adminning.

What happens upon promotion? My position is somewhere between "delay" and "promote" depending on what promotion does.
Not much, really. I think there are a few buttons I can't press as a trialmin, but I'm not certain what those are off the top of my head. Otherwise it basically just means I'm a full member of the team.
Spoiler:

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563495

i havent seen vekter in months but jesus fuck PLEASE stop muting ooc over stupid shit or banning people for 10 minutes over stupid shit
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #563501

saprasam wrote:i havent seen vekter in months but jesus fuck PLEASE stop muting ooc over stupid shit or banning people for 10 minutes over stupid shit
i was going to sarcastically reword this to point out the absurdity of taking issue with someone's actions when you haven't seen them do those things in months but the post honestly speaks for itself
Limey wrote:its too late.
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563502

Qbopper wrote:
saprasam wrote:i havent seen vekter in months but jesus fuck PLEASE stop muting ooc over stupid shit or banning people for 10 minutes over stupid shit
i was going to sarcastically reword this to point out the absurdity of taking issue with someone's actions when you haven't seen them do those things in months but the post honestly speaks for itself
i havent seen vekter in months but i hope he doesnt mute ooc over stupid shit or bans people for 10 minutes over stupid shit anymore
your wish is my command o'admin lord
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #563505

saprasam wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
i havent seen vekter in months but i hope he doesnt mute ooc over stupid shit or bans people for 10 minutes over stupid shit anymore
I don't.
Spoiler:

saprasam

Post by saprasam » #563516

Vekter wrote:
saprasam wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
I don't.
Good! now i hold you to a wider amount of respect
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #563606

My opinion on him hasn't changed since his last review thread.
I like Vektor, he brings up challenging topics and doesn't hesitate to handle any situation. Always polite, prompt responses, and is easy to talk to making them somebody I am excited to see around.

Promote!
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #563755

Reminds of Alphonzo in the best way possible, promote.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
n00bllna
Byond Username: N00bllna

Post by n00bllna » #563764

Fair admin, who is almost always there to help. Never seen him abuse his powers and always willing to answer ahelps. Would like to see him get promotion
Last edited by n00bllna on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiviplus
TGMC Maintainer
Byond Username: TiviPlus

Post by Tiviplus » #563768

+1 Fullmin he
wet socks
Byond Username: AarontheIdiot

Post by wet socks » #563964

very busy bee, does a lot of work and is almost always the one who answers the supportmin-call-of-duty

9/10 promote
I am Aaron Browne/Florida Teapayne in game
Give me feedback
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #563998

I had a meh ahelp with Vekter where he missed my original point and it turned into big paragraphs. Eventually we realized we were arguing at completely different things.

Another time, they came online to deal with grief on lowpop at round end and didn't delay the round too much so that was very cool.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564003

I'd advocate his promotion but I kind of want him to end up being a trialmin for a full year, for a laugh.
Spoiler:
promote he
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #564235

sometimes does dumb stuff but hes pretty epic
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #564920

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26838

I get that this is pretty cut and dry, but shouldn't someone more experienced be the one to get to say it?
Spoiler:
I swear this isn't a peanut post laughing at the guys stupid byond keys.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564923

Nabski wrote:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26838

I get that this is pretty cut and dry, but shouldn't someone more experienced be the one to get to say it?
Spoiler:
I swear this isn't a peanut post laughing at the guys stupid byond keys.
vekter could clarify but im assuming he probably asked in adminbus if it was fine or asked someone prior

i wouldnt really hold that against someone its such a moot point imo

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #564967

I've been around the server off and on for over ten years. A headmin is, as always, welcome to overrule me on that but considering that he's banned for the same things on both Bee and Yog I felt very comfortable saying no.
Spoiler:

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #567286

Promoted.