Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Post by Armhulen » #563848

Bottom post of the previous page:

this is me when a person of color walks by :)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563851

Armhulen wrote:this is me when a person of color walks by :)
Just unbutton the top button and it’ll be easier on your neck dude
[this space reserved]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #563859

Stickymayhem wrote:
Timbrewolf wrote:

>getting in fights with UK cops over US justice system abuses

Please you cant really be this retarded
nothing to do with your dumb fucking country
What were you wrassling over? Did activating your suburban jiu-jitsu skills on a public defender get the outcome you wanted?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563862

*farts*
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563884

Super Aggro Crag wrote:*farts*
nice job making it political
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563887

Armhulen wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:*farts*
nice job making it political
ok liberal
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563889

Wesoda's signature reminded me of being a kid when my elementary school playground was filled with pea gravel.

It was really nice, surprisingly soft to fall into or roll around on, on hot days you could scrape away the top layers and it would be all nice smooth cool little pebbles underneath.

Sometimes people would throw fistfuls of it at eachother but this was considered foul play and would usually result in mob justice as other kids would start throwing it back or just start beating up the offender.

Eventually it was all replaced with yucky sawdust and I have no idea why. Poor kids missing out on the good rock days.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563891

Timbrewolf wrote:Wesoda's signature reminded me of being a kid when my elementary school playground was filled with pea gravel.

It was really nice, surprisingly soft to fall into or roll around on, on hot days you could scrape away the top layers and it would be all nice smooth cool little pebbles underneath.

Sometimes people would throw fistfuls of it at eachother but this was considered foul play and would usually result in mob justice as other kids would start throwing it back or just start beating up the offender.

Eventually it was all replaced with yucky sawdust and I have no idea why. Poor kids missing out on the good rock days.
wholesome boomer nostalgia post

remember when they replaced the aluminum slides with plastic ones that were curved so you couldnt even build speed? the old aluminum one still standing far off in the corner of the play yard, on a hot summer day you'd get covered in blisters from friction and heat off the hot metal
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563892

Super Aggro Crag wrote: wholesome boomer nostalgia post

remember when they replaced the aluminum slides with plastic ones that were curved so you couldnt even build speed? the old aluminum one still standing far off in the corner of the play yard, on a hot summer day you'd get covered in blisters from friction and heat off the hot metal
we had this gigantic wooden framed slide that was big enough for like at least three kids to go down at once side by side covered with a gigantic sheet of polished aluminum. It was like a mirror, staring into it with the sun overhead was blinding and it got hot as fuck. Touching it with your skin was awful, it would pull at you, but if you curled your body in it was like a fucking child-firing railgun and would send kids rocketing into the stones below.

It was also a lot of fun to run up and an early test of strength among kids to see who could and couldnt make the ascent. Good sneakers would catch pretty easily on the metal sheet but it was still a long journey for a tiny kid.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563895

Timbrewolf wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote: wholesome boomer nostalgia post

we had this gigantic wooden framed slide that was big enough for like at least three kids to go down at once side by side covered with a gigantic sheet of polished aluminum. It was like a mirror, staring into it with the sun overhead was blinding and it got hot as fuck. Touching it with your skin was awful, it would pull at you, but if you curled your body in it was like a fucking child-firing railgun and would send kids rocketing into the stones below.

It was also a lot of fun to run up and an early test of strength among kids to see who could and couldnt make the ascent. Good sneakers would catch pretty easily on the metal sheet but it was still a long journey for a tiny kid.
kids nowadays with their damn pokemon go and twitch streamers...
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563897

Super Aggro Crag wrote: kids nowadays with their damn pokemon go and twitch streamers...
Eh I mean we had Tiger LCD games and a few lucky kids even had gameboys. Same shit just slightly different. We'd form a circular stone pit and trot out our Ninja Turtle toys and shit but the only thing I'd say was objectively better back then was the fucking stones.

Fuck sawdust.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563899

Timbrewolf wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote: kids nowadays with their damn pokemon go and twitch streamers...
Eh I mean we had Tiger LCD games and a few lucky kids even had gameboys. Same shit just slightly different. We'd form a circular stone pit and trot out our Ninja Turtle toys and shit but the only thing I'd say was objectively better back then was the fucking stones.

Fuck sawdust.
you remember the sewer spittin' figures, that would spray water? those were my bathtime pals
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #563900

Timbrewolf wrote:

Fuck sawdust.
cedar chips smell pretty good tho brother
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #563912

Didn't read the whole thread, is the second American revolutionary war finally happening?
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #563913

So I was just told that the person who did the (second) autopsy on the guy by the family's request was the same that did Epstein's, so that one is probably bullshit too
And both the officer and dead man worked at the same nightclub for ages(Senior police officers make enough money that they don't need a second job either). While that nightclub was under investigation for money laundering and counterfeit money
Original arrest for the guy was over a counterfeit $20
Police precinct and records burned down before anyone could check things in there. Also this was literally down the street from the nightclub they worked at

Pretty sure this thing was a set up and the riots are all intentional. Further: Peaceful protests infiltrated with agitators encouraging violence and looting(And straight up being the only ones rioting and looting in places where the protestors refuse), some police, some antifa
The whole situation seems intentionally designed to cause chaos and/or distract people
You may call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but it really seems that there's more going on here than just a guy dying to overly violent police.
My personal idea right now is that the guy's a crooked cop and the victim was intentionally killed as example. Possibly for spending counterfeit money from the place and potentially drawing attention. The riots afterwards are good cover for other things too, and makes sure the news is busy with it.

Also-
Target stores were targeted because they paid for lots of cameras on the streets of some cities. In places where (organized) crimes could be recorded. Curious that they would be getting hit in riots before other places
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #563914

The guy had pre-existing conditions. High blood pressure and CVD, which are sadly very common in America especially among black people. The arrests they should be afraid of are cardiac, not police.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #563915

XSI wrote:So I was just told that the person who did the (second) autopsy on the guy by the family's request was the same that did Epstein's, so that one is probably bullshit too
And both the officer and dead man worked at the same nightclub for ages(Senior police officers make enough money that they don't need a second job either). While that nightclub was under investigation for money laundering and counterfeit money
Police precinct and records burned down before anyone could check things in there. Also this was literally down the street from the nightclub they worked at

Pretty sure this thing was a set up and the riots are all intentional. Further: Peaceful protests infiltrated with agitators encouraging violence and looting(And straight up being the only ones rioting and looting in places where the protestors refuse), some police, some antifa
The whole situation seems intentionally designed to cause chaos and/or distract people
You may call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but it really seems that there's more going on here than just a guy dying to overly violent police.
My personal idea right now is that the guy's a crooked cop and the victim was intentionally killed as example. Possibly for spending counterfeit money from the place and potentially drawing attention. The riots afterwards are good cover for other things too, and makes sure the news is busy with it.

Also-
Target stores were targeted because they paid for lots of cameras on the streets of some cities. In places where (organized) crimes could be recorded. Curious that they would be getting hit in riots before other places
What would the goal be?
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #563922

Armhulen wrote: What would the goal be?
signnatrire
XSI

Post by XSI » #563923

The goal seems easy, especially if organized crime is involved
Good time to move goods(That were previously locked down/blocked/more easily found due to anti-Chinese Flu measures), beat up the competition, and keep all law enforcement busy. Maybe take out some cops that have been too curious in the commotion.

If political entities are involved, riots like this could be used against individual governors, mayors, or whatever. Trump might also be a target, possibly to get him to do something stupid and unpopular for the moderates and swing voters before elections since Biden is not in any way a reasonable vote(As if Trump needed to do more stupid shit)
Other factors could also be around, but I can't really care enough to dig for myself. I'm just spectating this whole mess
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563931

XSI wrote:The goal seems easy, especially if organized crime is involved
Good time to move goods(That were previously locked down/blocked/more easily found due to anti-Chinese Flu measures), beat up the competition, and keep all law enforcement busy. Maybe take out some cops that have been too curious in the commotion.

If political entities are involved, riots like this could be used against individual governors, mayors, or whatever. Trump might also be a target, possibly to get him to do something stupid and unpopular for the moderates and swing voters before elections since Biden is not in any way a reasonable vote(As if Trump needed to do more stupid shit)
Other factors could also be around, but I can't really care enough to dig for myself. I'm just spectating this whole mess
I don't think conspiracies this vast are really feasible. It's not impossible but frankly black people have been murdered all over the country time and time again.

I don't personally believe this conspiracy, but I think a more reasonable version of it might be that lets say that one of the worst PDs in america is also tied up in some shady money laundering shit and part of it takes place at this night club. Chauvin is personally involved and deliberately murders Floyd so that he doesn't rat out the cops he knows are involved. Then another dirty cop burns down the precinct and blames it on the riots to destroy the evidence. I think them calling in the epstein guy is a stretch but maybe that happens.

I think that wraps up the conspiracy quite nicely. A dirty cop at a dirty station uses his position to easily murder a black man in broad daylight with no consequence or accountability, then his tracks get covered.

But real or not this story is irrelevant. The most important, systemic part of this is that he can easily murder a black man in broad daylight. That's what the protests are about and what should be focused on.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #563936

XSI wrote:So I was just told that the person who did the (second) autopsy on the guy by the family's request was the same that did Epstein's, so that one is probably bullshit too

Also-
but where is the proof for any of that?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563947

terranaut wrote:but where is the proof for any of that?
uhhh duh the proof is that we figured out the illuminatis big play floyd was an escaped epstein in blackface
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
XSI

Post by XSI » #563951

terranaut wrote:

Also-
but where is the proof for any of that?
https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-fire ... 0/5743990/
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending/min ... 4HRN4OYEQ/
They both had shifts at the club

Omar Investments Inc. owns El Nuevo Rodeo Cantina and night club since 1996. The principle of Omar Investments Inc. is Muna Sabri.
Owner's relative had served time in jail for bribery, caught in sting operation
http://www.citypages.com/news/basim-sab ... /452567973

Neighbours say this guy was up to more than just legal business
https://m.startribune.com/minneapolis-b ... 411665706/

This is enough to start a deeper investigation into the place, there is probably more out there, but that requires effort and digging. And I don't care enough (Or have legal authority to search the premises, interogate people, bother locals for an investigation, etc)
As it stands, this case, and this place is linked to organized crime, and its owner is linked to a three letter agency at least once. This is not just a case where someone happened to kill a black guy while arresting him, too many coincidences for that
There is no definite proof of any crimes, but there is enough that there are questions that "normal police brutality" can't answer

I'm also amused that Sticky, of course, does not believe in conspiracies despite there being many much more complex ones in the history books. This isn't even that outlandish, even one of the smaller cartels or mafias could do something like this if they decided the resource expenditure was worth it. And the resources required are really not that much for an organization like that
So I'll post some smaller stuff
I think them calling in the epstein guy is a stretch but maybe that happens.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html
>The family of George Floyd has hired former NYC medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden to conduct a separate, independent autopsy
Same guy who did Epstein(As mentioned in the link below)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -neck.html

If you want more questionable coincidences, the family has taken the same lawyer that represented Micheal Brown, the guy shot by Zimmerman a few years ago
https://abcnews.go.com/US/lawyers-micha ... d=27166248
https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/george-fl ... l-autopsy/
Who happens to also be an actor
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4988046/

Enough coincidences that it is entirely possible that there is more going on than just a normal case of police brutality
Consider also that a crate of pipebombs was found in DC, near riots. In addition to pallets of bricks found elsewhere near riot hotspots. There are organizations actively fanning the flames and either moving these goods or planning to use them. Unless you know some perfectly reasonable civil use for a crate of improvised explosives that I overlooked.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/report-cr ... g-suspect/
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #563953

I didn't say I don't believe in conspiracies, I was offering a simpler version of your conspiracy theory that was more reasonable. I think the simplest, smallest theory, basically occam's razor, with the fewest moving parts is a much better place to start. When you start encountering aspects that can't be explained by your limited scope theory, THEN you expand it out.

The evidence you posted before the quote can be explained by my theory, assuming there even is a conspiracy. Frankly in neighbourhoods where the same cops and people frequent I think it's totally not strange for them to have had shifts at the same shady club coincidentally.

As for your smaller stuff, I'm sorry but I don't believe the bomb source in the slightest. The fact that their source is unknown law enforcement and law enforcement are A: desperate to label antifa a real terrorist organisation, B: are totally willing to lie about anything that suits them and C: are looking for any opportunity to escalate the violence and justify their use of violence I am totally unwilling to believe that account until some firmer evidence is provided.

As for the epstein guy, I know he was involved I just thought it was a stretch to suggest the cops called him in to cover up another murder. The family calling him in is weird but maybe he's just one of these guys that takes high profile cases. Maybe he's taking this case to clear his name and get a more favourable showing in the media.

It also makes total sense to hire a lawyer with previous experience in cases super similar to this one. I don't see any of the conspiracy here. Not sure how either of these are 'questionable coincidences'

I think your post is super interesting, it's a great case study of how conspiracies can start to grow out of reason. You start with an odd coincidence (they worked the same club) and you start to slot in other less strange coincidences like the club being shady and a well known medical examinar and lawyer getting involved. Finally in a bid to tie in other loose ends and expand the scale of the conspiracy, an extremely poor information source's information about bombs gets involved and now you have a crazy ass nationwide conspiracy involving everyone.

Not trying to be shitty to you or anything I just think you should start from the smallest possible version of the theory that explains your concerns rather than the biggest
XSI

Post by XSI » #563956

Believe what you will, but the pieces are there. Perhaps some are unrelated, truly a coincidence. But enough of it is there to be a reasonable start
What I had is enough for intelligence agencies/police analysts to dig deeper.
And if they find anything, chances are we will never hear of it. They'll just have the arrests done as quietly as possible so they can move along the network using fresh information from their latests arrests while the networks get a minimum of information so they can't prepare. That takes down or compromises as much of the networks behind organized crime as possible
I almost had a job doing the digging for this sort of thing but they ended up filling the position with someone else, and my personal health was a problem too I suppose
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563970

I can't even begin to comment on how stupid the idea that all these protests were setup by a calculated series of events to both trigger outrage while also timing a bunch of dead drops for protestors to happen across and use as weapons for the bad publicity etc. etc.

It's like I'm reading the plotline to a shitty political anime thriller or something.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #563975

Timbrewolf wrote:I can't even begin to comment on how stupid the idea that all these protests were setup by a calculated series of events to both trigger outrage while also timing a bunch of dead drops for protestors to happen across and use as weapons for the bad publicity etc. etc.

It's like I'm reading the plotline to a shitty political anime thriller or something.
Foreign actors fostering and financing revolutions, going as far as supplying the rebels with weapons is nothing new. It's what the USA has been doing since forever, not just in some shithole but in allegedly "allied" countries as well.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #563978

Grazyn wrote: Foreign actors fostering and financing revolutions, going as far as supplying the rebels with weapons is nothing new. It's what the USA has been doing since forever, not just in some shithole but in allegedly "allied" countries as well.
US has made so many enemies that one of them has to be on accident be educated, dumb enough to do war crimes, rich, access to darknet and has seething hatred towards americas. You know, terrorism. Maybe one of them figured you can just hire smart trained people to do sabotage and social engineering and not spend fifty years making a guy fanatic that welder bombs himself. Those guys probably watch anime too.

Mostly it seems to be just america being america and not knowing what it wants like vast majority of the time tho. Except apparently shoot protestors.
signnatrire
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #563981

There's no point trying to look behind the curtains, when the curtains look like this:
https://twitter.com/jusalotofpain/statu ... 7723296768

This is entirely home grown.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #563983

Reeeee wrote:
Imagine using a Breitbard article as proof.
Also that youtuber calls Jordan Peterson 'the remedy' to a failing generation. And you wonder why you are having trouble... :roll:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #563989

oh boy reee has found the politics thread
[this space reserved]
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #563993

Actionb wrote:There's no point trying to look behind the curtains, when the curtains look like this:

Britain's Troubles were homegrown as well. Didn't stop Americans from supplying the IRA with weapons
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #563995

Grazyn wrote:
Actionb wrote:There's no point trying to look behind the curtains, when the curtains look like this:

Britain's Troubles were homegrown as well. Didn't stop Americans from supplying the IRA with weapons
There's no single leader of black outrage for any interested party to hook up with and coordinate the distribution of bricks to malcontents.

The most that could've been done in this case was someone recognizing like "Wow people are REALLY mad, let's buy up a couple pallets of bricks and just leave them around the city in hopes that people will protest, will get violent, will find our bricks, will use our bricks...

vs.

It's fucking America in spring time when the entire country is suddenly under construction and whoa look building materials
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #563997

XSI mentioned a crate of pipebombs, not exactly something you find just laying around in the city
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #563999

Actionb wrote: Imagine using a Breitbard article as proof.
Well, that's on him and you to fight out on who's right or not. I think he expressly pulls articles to discuss em. Man is so unbiased he's having hard time to decide which side of the bread to butter and is constantly called a flip flop to the point he jokes about it himself.

The poll numbers matter, not really who's talking about em.
Actionb wrote: Also that youtuber calls Jordan Peterson 'the remedy' to a failing generation. And you wonder why you are having trouble... :roll:
Me? This is some american shit, not really interested. I had to google who dis person is but yeah, sure, this youtuber hasn't mentioned him in years that i have observed him talking about various subjects on videos but i guess you would know better if you stalk him or watch his streams and shit.
signnatrire
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564004

Grazyn wrote:XSI mentioned a crate of pipebombs, not exactly something you find just laying around in the city
XSI quoted an alt-right online publication, who's source are "unnamed law enforcement"

fuck me you really see the fake news spread in action even here
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #564010

one thing is certain conspiracy or not this is not gonna get trump elected
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #564012

Armhulen wrote:one thing is certain conspiracy or not this is not gonna get trump elected
Majority of muricans are actually apparently supporting oranges for president and his actions as one. I mean president Trump.
signnatrire
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #564013

Reeeee wrote:
Armhulen wrote:one thing is certain conspiracy or not this is not gonna get trump elected
Majority of muricans are actually apparently supporting oranges for president and his actions as one. I mean president Trump.
what if we elect skoglol
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564020

Reeeee wrote: Well, that's on him and you to fight out on who's right or not. I think he expressly pulls articles to discuss em. Man is so unbiased he's having hard time to decide which side of the bread to butter and is constantly called a flip flop to the point he jokes about it himself.
Nah, it isn't about who is correct. But it is about 'who is right and who is left', about judging the bias of your sources.
I mean, I could just pull everything from 'breadtube' to make the point that antifa isn't bad - but that would prove very little, since all the sources would be biased towards that point.
I only skimmed through the video you've posted and over his uploads. He's clearly biased towards conservatism/the right. That can affect his selection of sources. And it does: seeing stuff like Breitbart (Stephen Bannon lol) or Peterson (extremly anti-left) makes me sceptical.
Reading a video titled "Poll Shows Most Americans Want Military To Crush The Rioting", and him defending Trump over forcing the clergy away from their own fucking church via tear gas and riot police makes me just want to close the video outright.

My point is: considering the times we are in with all the mainstream, social and alternative media bombarding you with contradictory information, knowing why the media is saying what it is saying is important.
Depending on what you watch and get influenced by, you get a total different view of the situation.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #564032

Actionb wrote: Depending on what you watch and get influenced by, you get a total different view of the situation.
I keep him cus he's one of the few alt sources information who constantly shits on mainstream and is self critical to the point is kinda demeaning.
You can't really skim someone and make statements about what he is either. He's being accused of being both left/right at the same time which makes him pretty centrist tbh. Rather that than CNN telling me i should kill x and journalists defending looting as some sort of universal right.

I don't get where he's defending anything other than his opinion that you are free to ignore.
Also, people aren't left or right, they just want to grill and go to the mall without getting shot.
signnatrire
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #564041

Actionb wrote:
Reeeee wrote: Well, that's on him and you to fight out on who's right or not. I think he expressly pulls articles to discuss em. Man is so unbiased he's having hard time to decide which side of the bread to butter and is constantly called a flip flop to the point he jokes about it himself.
Nah, it isn't about who is correct. But it is about 'who is right and who is left', about judging the bias of your sources.
I mean, I could just pull everything from 'breadtube' to make the point that antifa isn't bad - but that would prove very little, since all the sources would be biased towards that point.
I only skimmed through the video you've posted and over his uploads. He's clearly biased towards conservatism/the right. That can affect his selection of sources. And it does: seeing stuff like Breitbart (Stephen Bannon lol) or Peterson (extremly anti-left) makes me sceptical.
Reading a video titled "Poll Shows Most Americans Want Military To Crush The Rioting", and him defending Trump over forcing the clergy away from their own fucking church via tear gas and riot police makes me just want to close the video outright.

My point is: considering the times we are in with all the mainstream, social and alternative media bombarding you with contradictory information, knowing why the media is saying what it is saying is important.
Depending on what you watch and get influenced by, you get a total different view of the situation.
tl;dr but this tho. There's really no such thing as an unbiased news source. Different places will present completely conflicting information as facts and claim shit about public opinion that they're just pulling right out of their ass.

You have to read everything (yes even Fox news and shit) and then use your own brain to piece together some kind of "Probably most-likely true" scenario that exists in the grey area between them. Foreign news sources that have less of a stake in what we do or don't do can be a little more reliable but even they have angles and enjoy portraying situations as worse-than-they-might-actually-be because it makes their own people feel good to see America do slapstick comedy fuckups. It's okay if it's shitty here as long as its worse in America etc. etc.
Reeeee wrote:I don't get where he's defending anything other than his opinion that you are free to ignore.
Also, people aren't left or right, they just want to grill and go to the mall without getting shot.
People are usually pretty spiteful and love reinforcing shit that makes their situation or ideals seem more correct than someone else's. Take abortion for example, a lot of people don't really give a shit about the religious aspect or even the sanctity of life. There's a strong vibe in that crowd for unwanted pregnancy being "Deserved" as a punishment for people who have too much sex. It justifies their ideas of marriage or helps validate their sexual inactivity. At rallies you'll hear more cries of "Whore!" than you will "Murderer!"

This is why images of looting and attacks on cops are so bad. People will leap at the idea that "Well if you act like this you DESERVE it!" and it drives people who might otherwise not give a shit to vote Trump. It's bad. I have a bad feeling about all of this. Biden is sweeping the primaries and Republicans are beginning to back away from Trump but have the American people? Our voter turn-out is always so fucking piss poor the real name of the game is motivating people to get out of their fucking homes and go vote in the first place, not trying to win people who voted for the one guy over to your side on the next attempt. I'm sure a lot of people who voted Trump will be running to the Dem camp after all this shit, and no Dems will be hopping the fence, but the number of lazy ass Americans who will see burning cars and see their cities get destroyed and think "Wow this sucks? These people hate Trump? Well I'm gonna go grudge-vote now."

The 2016 presidential primary for example? Only an estimate like 56% of the total population that could vote actually turned out to do it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #564047

One good tip for figuring out truth in the bundle of lies that is the media is to see what everyone agrees happened. All sides
They may interpret it differently, but if they all report the same basic facts then those basic facts are likely to be things that actually happened, while the rest is speculation or based off less than stellar sources
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564051

For those people saying rioting is a necessary evil, why? Do you think it’s the only way to force those in power to change the system? What I really want to know, though, is what you plan to do once you do get their attention.
[this space reserved]
XSI

Post by XSI » #564058

The only way economic damage would cause those in power to change things would be if it hit those in power
So shut down the stock exchanges and lay siege to the rich' enclaves. Assault the banks/pillars of the financial system and block airfields for international travel(Not freight, that's food and supplies) so that they can not go somewhere else until it all blows over

But that's not happening, now is it? Just some independent stores being destroyed along with insured chain stores being looted. The damage to those in power remains minimal, and many of them at this point stand to profit off
That alone should tell you that those who riot in this case are not looking for change. There may be protestors who honestly believe in some cause, but they won't get it either with present situations
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564059

Assaulting the banks is a good way to get your ass killed - it also wouldn't do anything since the majority of cash flow is digital.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564063

Timbrewolf wrote:
Actionb wrote:

tl;dr but this tho. There's really no such thing as an unbiased news source. Different places will present completely conflicting information as facts and claim shit about public opinion that they're just pulling right out of their ass.

You have to read everything (yes even Fox news and shit) and then use your own brain to piece together some kind of "Probably most-likely true" scenario that exists in the grey area between them. Foreign news sources that have less of a stake in what we do or don't do can be a little more reliable but even they have angles and enjoy portraying situations as worse-than-they-might-actually-be because it makes their own people feel good to see America do slapstick comedy fuckups. It's okay if it's shitty here as long as its worse in America etc. etc.
Not a fan of "well if breitbart news says Biden is a pedo and MSNBC says he isn't, maybe the truth lies somewhere in between"

You can just accept you will never know the truth and move on instead of getting intentionally misguided by averaging out every extreme point of view.
People are usually pretty spiteful and love reinforcing shit that makes their situation or ideals seem more correct than someone else's. Take abortion for example, a lot of people don't really give a shit about the religious aspect or even the sanctity of life. There's a strong vibe in that crowd for unwanted pregnancy being "Deserved" as a punishment for people who have too much sex. It justifies their ideas of marriage or helps validate their sexual inactivity. At rallies you'll hear more cries of "Whore!" than you will "Murderer!"

This is why images of looting and attacks on cops are so bad. People will leap at the idea that "Well if you act like this you DESERVE it!" and it drives people who might otherwise not give a shit to vote Trump. It's bad. I have a bad feeling about all of this. Biden is sweeping the primaries and Republicans are beginning to back away from Trump but have the American people? Our voter turn-out is always so fucking piss poor the real name of the game is motivating people to get out of their fucking homes and go vote in the first place, not trying to win people who voted for the one guy over to your side on the next attempt. I'm sure a lot of people who voted Trump will be running to the Dem camp after all this shit, and no Dems will be hopping the fence, but the number of lazy ass Americans who will see burning cars and see their cities get destroyed and think "Wow this sucks? These people hate Trump? Well I'm gonna go grudge-vote now."

The 2016 presidential primary for example? Only an estimate like 56% of the total population that could vote actually turned out to do it.
I thought that dems were those who don't usually vote? Either because of disenfranchisement or disillusion with the establishment. You had to push a black candidate to motivate black people to go out and vote, and when he was done they went back to not voting.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #564065

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #564070

why wont police use communist methods against communist rioters
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
XSI

Post by XSI » #564076

oranges wrote:Image
There's more