[DoctorBrutality] Archanial - gibbed for recalling

Archanial
Byond Username: Archanial

[DoctorBrutality] Archanial - gibbed for recalling

Post by Archanial » #565220

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Terry, 11.06.2020
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Archanial/Michael Sagan
Admin: DoctorBrutality
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 139275
Detailed summary: I was late joined syndicate sleeping agent druring low-pop round (around 15 people on the server). My objectives were to murder some atmospheric technician, steal hos gun and survive. After some murder, getting AA and hiding the bodies I visited brig to get my objective as well as arm myself. HoS' locker was emaged and had no gun. Next up I decided to catch some prisoner let out by AI. I killed him and the roboticist who defended him. AI notices me, tries to lock me down and calls shuttle. I recall the shuttle and proceed to one human the AI but I was about 10 seconds late and AI called shuttle again. During that time random event (I suppose) disabled tcomms and CC made announcement about doing something (cannot remember what exactly) to next person to recall. My time was running out and I had no way to communicate with other traitor who stole the gun and decided to recall and make announcement that I am looking for it and we can leave after I find it. That was the moment Doctor decided to gib me.
It is worth to mention that I asked him on ahelp about if I could recall it and he responded with something along "please don't" which made think it was nothing serious.
Before I recalled for the 2nd time I killed 5-6 people, one of which was my target, another was hop who I killed to get AA and complete my objectives easier.
I wouldn't be making this compliant if Doctor chose something like sending an ERT or even a deathsquad to punish me IC and call shuttle but instead he chose to end my round with a single click to please the dchat.
I am sorry I needed the time to look for a gun but round wasn't even an hour long when I recalled last time.
If I got any facts wrong, I am sorry, I have memory of a goldfish.
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Re: [DoctorBrutality] Archanial - gibbed for recalling

Post by pugie » #565247

I don't think this complaint holds much merit. I don't know if I can get ahelp ticket logs now that statbus is dead but I'll elaborate on the ahelp you and I had in a moment.

Anyways, the CentCom announcement I made went along the lines of "Any recallers will be remotely detonated". Fairly self explanatory, a few seconds after this announcement you ahelped asking if you can recall, I said "please don't", considering there was 5 players left, 2 were antags, 1 was afk, leaving only 2 other people (including the AI you onehumaned) on the station as virtually everyone else who was active you had killed. Barely more than a minute after I told you in ahelps to please not recall, you recalled anyways, true to CentCom's promise I gibbed you.

You getting gibbed was not a decision made via listening to dead chat's salty tears, I wasn't paying much attention to what the ghosts were saying, more focused on the fact that you were lowpop recalling which is extremely scummy and something admins have intervened with before with bans. I don't see a reason to reward an antagonist who is killing everyone on sub 20 pop with more meatbags to kill or sending an alternatively overpowered ERT/deathsquad that would probably mow you down, I stand by my decision to gib you.

I don't really believe you when you say you don't really remember what the announcement said, because you ahelped asking about if it's ok to recall and being told "please don't". I don't have anything else to say on the matter other than play stupid games and win stupid prizes, don't recall next time nerd.
Archanial
Byond Username: Archanial

Post by Archanial » #565267

pugie wrote:Anyways, the CentCom announcement I made went along the lines of "Any recallers will be remotely detonated". Fairly self explanatory, a few seconds after this announcement you ahelped asking if you can recall, I said "please don't", considering there was 5 players left, 2 were antags, 1 was afk, leaving only 2 other people (including the AI you onehumaned) on the station as virtually everyone else who was active you had killed. Barely more than a minute after I told you in ahelps to please not recall, you recalled anyways, true to CentCom's promise I gibbed you.
How am I supposed to know how many people were left and how many of them were antags. I recalled because I had to complete my objective, which I find completly valid reason as I was late joiner and also a sleeping agent so I had much less time to work with.
pugie wrote: I don't really believe you when you say you don't really remember what the announcement said, because you ahelped asking about if it's ok to recall and being told "please don't". I don't have anything else to say on the matter other than play stupid games and win stupid prizes, don't recall next time nerd.
I meant that I don't remember what did it say in the moment of writting. During the round I was perfectly aware of the announcement made by you, but I expected you to bsa me not gib instantly.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #566139

Before we get into the merits of your complaint, let's take a quick dive into the logs to establish some facts:

First shuttle call, 52 minutes into the round. You recall 36 seconds later:

Code: Select all

[2020-06-11 11:10:22.739] SHUTTLE: Replicant/(TACHYONIC ANTITELEPHONE) has called the emergency shuttle.
[2020-06-11 11:10:22.742] SHUTTLE: Shuttle call reason: are most of the crew dead?
[2020-06-11 11:10:58.928] SHUTTLE: Archanial/(Michael Sagan) has recalled the shuttle.
Second shuttle call, 57 minutes into the round. You recall 44 seconds later:

[2020-06-11 11:15:25.548] SHUTTLE: Replicant/(TACHYONIC ANTITELEPHONE) has called the emergency shuttle.
[2020-06-11 11:15:25.551] SHUTTLE: Shuttle call reason: Over half the crew are dead
[2020-06-11 11:16:09.556] SHUTTLE: Archanial/(Michael Sagan) has recalled the shuttle.
Growing wary of your pattern of recalling, Doctor Brutality issues the following command report announcement:

[2020-06-11 11:17:40.808] ADMIN: Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope) has created a command report: Please be aware that any further recalls will be grounds for remote detonation.
Third shuttle call, 1 hour into the round:

[2020-06-11 11:18:16.397] SHUTTLE: Replicant/(TACHYONIC ANTITELEPHONE) has called the emergency shuttle.
[2020-06-11 11:18:16.401] SHUTTLE: Shuttle call reason: Wew LAD time to go
29 seconds later, you ahelp and have this conversation with Doctor Brutality:
[2020-06-11 11:18:45.269] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #1: Archanial/(Michael Sagan): I can recall right?
[2020-06-11 11:18:56.272] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope)->Archanial/(Michael Sagan): Please don't.
[2020-06-11 11:19:17.145] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Archanial/(Michael Sagan)->Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope): I need to find hos gun 10 minutes isn't enough
[2020-06-11 11:19:40.168] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope)->Archanial/(Michael Sagan): Probably should have thought about that before you killed everyone else on the station, don't recall.
[2020-06-11 11:19:51.763] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Archanial/(Michael Sagan)->Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope): I killed like 4 people
[2020-06-11 11:20:01.411] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope)->Archanial/(Michael Sagan): Yeah exactly.
[2020-06-11 11:21:34.133] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Archanial/(Michael Sagan)->Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope): I actually did think about it when I tried looting brig and discovered that hos locker was emaged

So now, despite seeing a command report threatening shuttle recallers with "remote detonation" and having an admin twice tell you - in direct response to your question - to not recall the shuttle, what do you do?

[2020-06-11 11:21:50.259] SHUTTLE: Archanial/(Michael Sagan) has recalled the shuttle.
Shocking no one but you, you are then (as was promised and foretold) gibbed by Doctor Brutality:

[2020-06-11 11:21:54.528] ADMIN: Doctor Brutality/(Edgar Pope) punished *no key*/(Michael Sagan) with Gib.

[2020-06-11 11:22:25.306] ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #1: Archanial/(Michael Sagan): This has to be a joke
This is not the first incident in which you've asked an admin for permission to do something, heard "no" in reply and then proceeded to do the thing anyway.

It's one thing entirely to ask for permission and then ignore the answers you don't like. It's another, far more obnoxious thing to then appeal and file admin complaints in response to the consequences that result.

Simply put: If you're going to ask us if it's okay to do something, please listen when we tell you no.

We are not upholding this complaint.

Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.