Re: heretic is cool but kinda trash change my mind

Post by wesoda25 » #566520

how long has it been in the game now?
[this space reserved]
BrotherCrow
Byond Username: VerifyVenuzY

Post by BrotherCrow » #566545

I feel the heretic fills a really good spot in the antag roster, a contracting wizard that is rewarded for being active right from the get go (which is also when they are weakest) and im sure any mechanical problems will be smoothed out in the long run.

The only major issue for me is the how the wiki for it wasnt fleshed out from the start. The reasoning is to have fun in experimentation but doing that puts you at higher risk of getting caught, especially if you dont know what your spells or items specifically do. I feel this actaully goes against experimenting and taking risks since no one wants to lose this antag to unkown mechanics. Im probably in the minority but this type of uneccessary risk taking just clashes with my playstyle.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #566556

I have been doing well as heretic, i think as the strategies get refined it will feel stronger.

I really enjoy antagonists that start out with next to nothing, which is why i have always loved vampire. A few of the spells are kind of crappy though, but they could always be buffed if the meta becomes too solidified.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566604

i watched deana get max level heretic and i was the only one who survived (t: commited suicide)
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)