rock permanent secban peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Peanut Brittle: Unloved Rock thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #565974

Bottom post of the previous page:

So they gib people like normal cult, for wizard tier powers? Shadowling ascension?

I honestly have no clue if it was deserved to yeet their tools until I know how OP they get

But from rocks explanation, they do sound kinda OP ngl
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: Peanut Brittle: Unloved Rock thread

Post by NoxVS » #566114

confused rock wrote:admins saying I valided james as hard as physically possible while killing all of my teammates when I was hesistant the whole way through and stopped whenever a mistake hurt one of (as in the same one several times in a fucking row) my coworkers while in the end even with what effort I did put in the antag ended up unstoppable leading to 6 people dying really makin me question what else I was supposed to do I could ignore him entirely despite stopping crime being my job and then only 5 people would die and I wouldn't be evil valid man or I could've valided as hard as possible and I would've maybe stopped James after he killed the first guy.
Makin me wonder if there is any universe where I get to stop james before he kills everyone without it being a step too far
makin me wonder what those guys james was trying to kill were supposed to do
makin me wonder if the "antags can do whatever we want" rule is completely reversed and now if I don't think someone is an antag I can be harsher to them
makin me wonder whose idea it was that we should just rip these roleplay rules from goon with basically no changes, a server which has an entirely different base ruleset. I'm under the impression this is already being reconsidered is why I didn't bother with any policy discussion.
come on Rock don't act like there was nothing you could have done. All you had to do was not see valid gear and immediately decide to deep fry and eat it. Thats it. Rest of security was going to actually have an interesting roleplay opportunity but you ruined it for them. It seemed pretty obvious that the officer you said Rave spit in the face of with his decision was disappointed that rather than have any form of interaction with me you instead walked in, ate the whole driving force behind any interrogation or whatever. You and the other officer caught me before I had done anything and when you saw valid gear the first thing that went through your mind was how to immediately destroy it. There probably wouldn't have been any issue if you brought it to sec. Could have put it in evidence, could have given it to another officer or to the captain, could have kept it on you. Anything other than "VALID MAN NEEDS THIS TIME TO DESTROY IT"

It probably would have been fine if I had been tossed in perma or given more restrictions and released. Captain could have made that decision had there been any chance for any form of interrotion. All you had to do was literally anything aside from instantly deciding to deep fry the valids
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #566115

Should he have expected that the admin would literally just GIVE the items straight to you as if you were never caught?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #566116

NoxVS wrote:
confused rock wrote:admins saying I valided james as hard as physically possible while killing all of my teammates when I was hesistant the whole way through and stopped whenever a mistake hurt one of (as in the same one several times in a fucking row) my coworkers while in the end even with what effort I did put in the antag ended up unstoppable leading to 6 people dying really makin me question what else I was supposed to do I could ignore him entirely despite stopping crime being my job and then only 5 people would die and I wouldn't be evil valid man or I could've valided as hard as possible and I would've maybe stopped James after he killed the first guy.
Makin me wonder if there is any universe where I get to stop james before he kills everyone without it being a step too far
makin me wonder what those guys james was trying to kill were supposed to do
makin me wonder if the "antags can do whatever we want" rule is completely reversed and now if I don't think someone is an antag I can be harsher to them
makin me wonder whose idea it was that we should just rip these roleplay rules from goon with basically no changes, a server which has an entirely different base ruleset. I'm under the impression this is already being reconsidered is why I didn't bother with any policy discussion.
come on Rock don't act like there was nothing you could have done. All you had to do was not see valid gear and immediately decide to deep fry and eat it. Thats it. Rest of security was going to actually have aN iNtErEsTiNg RoLePlAy OpPoRtUnItY
yeah it's so interesting when the captain/rest of sec comes down, goes "oh shit that guy intends to kill scores of people, execute him immediately," and then executes you. way more interesting than giving you a window to escape and continue antagonizing, which you did.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #566117

also what the fuck? did they expect him to just catch and release? "oh yeah looks like this traitor i caught 30 minutes in has a bomb, acid, a gun... hmmmmmmm, it would be mean to take those away. better let him loose with em"

"be nice to antagonists" should not mean "literally give antags special privileges and security immunity, up to and including releasing them with all of their gear intact even if you're over a third of the way into the round." remember the rule 10

"b-b-b-b-but you cant just EAT the gear that's fail RP!!!!"
it's better ten fucking fold than turning them loose
hell, shoving their gear down your urethra would have been better RP than, as a SECURITY OFFICER, giving a KNOWN TERRORIST their WEAPONS OF TERROR and RELEASING THEM
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #566136

I think if Rave strongly believed that new antag should have been seen in action, introducing someone else to try being heretic would be good idea. Hide new set of mandatory antag items somewhere and guide anyone willing to try it out with spooky voices in head (or just spawn them into new heretic's backpack like nuke core/sliver kit do on dynamic traitor, lol). Don't punish sec player doing their job by completely nullifying their success in antag's capture.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #566145

Shadowflame909 wrote:
oranges wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Yeah I'm going to do my best to not let this become the norm on Manuel we aren't fucking baystation
You'd have to actually be active and unbanned from discord to do any of these things sticky
how is a whole admin banned from discord

that's like if the president was banned from the white house
I accidentally kicked jcll's spybot and broke verification
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #566161

Ikoden wrote:I think situations like this only prove that there should be division between TG admins and Manuel admins. I think it's time to have totally different admins for TG servers and for Manuel.
The rules are really different. I would even say that there should be different ban log for TG station and Manuel. Just my 2 cents.
lmao and let them keep making decisions like this?
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #566170

In my opinion, RaveRadbury is my friend and nice to me so if they do something wrong they should be forgiven
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #566172

Even if Rave did the right thing here which believe it or not I don't think, there is NO fucking way that it can continue that way. The only reason giving the heretic any leeway could be considered was because there was one of them. normally there can be SEVERAL heretics. every single one is a huge increase in stakes.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #566173

oranges wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Yeah I'm going to do my best to not let this become the norm on Manuel we aren't fucking baystation
You'd have to actually be active and unbanned from discord to do any of these things sticky
saprasam wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
You might want to actually play and admin on Manuel then.
this is a take that makes you look like a supreme faggot
it's the same thing as saying "when you code it"
Well, you see the difference is that anyone could code, albeit some things are just ridiculous to expect some non-coder to just code it however still, while not everyone can be an admin on the server. If anyone tells a non-admin to just be an admin then they're retarded however if someone (especially another admin) tells an admin to just be an admin then that makes a lot of sense because that's the fucking point of their volunteer role existing!
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #566174

Stickymayhem wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:
oranges wrote:
how is a whole admin banned from discord

that's like if the president was banned from the white house
I accidentally kicked jcll's spybot and broke verification
Are those two separate things or one?
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566176

sticky is an actual fucking admin though grey man
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #566178

confused rock wrote:sticky is an actual fucking admin though grey man
yeah, that's the point of my post. sticky IS an admin :shades:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #566214

there should be a check before you can post in Manuel related threads so there can be discussions that aren't just a bunch of people with no stake in Manuel who don't play there bitching about how terrible Manuel is

I'm kidding but like. holy fuck, dude, every time this god damn server comes up in any form there's a bunch of players and admins who come out of the woodwork to grace us with the incredible, never before seen take of "Manuel sucks hugbox admins uwu uwu uwu"

if you're gonna dump on the server at least post something fucking constructive, or even remotely on topic, this is a fucking peanut thread where people are still just jerking themselves off about how Manuel must be the worst xd and it's a dead horse
Limey wrote:its too late.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #566215

saprasam wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:
You might want to actually play and admin on Manuel then.
this is a take that makes you look like a supreme faggot
it's the same thing as saying "when you code it"
also yeah this post is dumb as shit, dude

it's not necessarily reasonable to expect an average person to learn to code and make a PR for any change they suggest but when someone is already an admin it's not really that unreasonable to say what rave said

god knows I don't have a lot of recent connections; that's an actual valid point if I try to act like I know the current server culture on Manuel - it would be dumb as fuck to defend me saying some stupid shit with "well you don't need to admin or play to know what the server is like rn lol"
Limey wrote:its too late.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #566226

qbopper ain't wrong bro
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566262

Qbopper wrote:*snip*

also yeah this post is dumb as shit, dude

it's not necessarily reasonable to expect an average person to learn to code and make a PR for any change they suggest but when someone is already an admin it's not really that unreasonable to say what rave said

god knows I don't have a lot of recent connections; that's an actual valid point if I try to act like I know the current server culture on Manuel - it would be dumb as fuck to defend me saying some stupid shit with "well you don't need to admin or play to know what the server is like rn lol"
through gritted fucking teeth
fine i guess you're right but im keeping to my own personal opinion and you CANT stop me
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566277

Quite honestly, the real issue this demonstrates is that there is a good reason why antag items for lone antags are disguised and hidden. So they don't get found out on the spot. Heretic included, but it's items aren't able to be hidden to prevent them being found out.

I think this probably needs a code solution, so you can at least feign innocence during a search.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #566302

NecromancerAnne wrote:so you can at least feign innocence during a search.
Wait you mean to tell me that doesn't work? Cus I'm pretty damn sure it does. 10% of the time in 30% of the cases.

That doesn't really smell all that "we can do this in 60 minutes" or even "good guys can actually fight the bad guys" if identification is a problem to the degree it's contestable to the average player that casually selected security to have fun in a vidja by batoning said bad guys.
Guess it's a degree of how fucked you want the station to be.

Alternative take is to actually hide those items. Kind of like you were roleplaying a bad guy with stuff to hide that marks you as being a bad guy with intent to gib people. Or is that "fail RP" to hide your items to not get caught with them and executed for them? Pretty sure it isn't. Pretty sure you should be doing that to arpee. Pretty sure it's just a smart thing to do as one, even on bagel.
You just need to git gud and not carry an item that says "hello i exist to murder people" with you all the time or suffer the consequences for doing so.
Heretic is a threat to the station, he should act like it, not get a free pass for failing to act like it. Cult halos, eswords, armblades, implants revealing rev heads et cetera.

Catering to the lowest common denominator works as a baseline, in this case it's the new players or the casual normie.
These people tend to have a problem with identifying "emag" as it is. The definition of a "bad guy" should not be a guessing game once he's caught other than in ling rounds, right? That's the gimmick for lings. Unless the motherfucker was smart and hid his shit.

Easily identifiable murdertools that you treat as such is very much roleplay. Trying to code shit so antags always get a "get-out-of-jail-card" every time that always works, just seems pandering for sake of it and ball crushing the one role that's SUPPOSED to fight them.

I don't see the upside to coded immunity. That's on you as antagonist to work it out, not get given free passes by the game. You already get antag tools that are exceptionally effective, being handheld by the game to succeed isn't interesting nor engaging.
signnatrire
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566306

Literally every solo antagonist except Heretics can hide their main method of acquiring equipment and actually have the means to disguise the fact they are an antagonist up and until they use overt items and powers. Additionally, the Heretic must have the item to do whatever it needs to do in the round. It isn't just their uplink. It's the means to act in the role. So you kind of need it. Hiding it just neuters yourself entirely.

Which is the problem. They can't do anything at all without that book. It's maybe the biggest thing holding it back
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566367

NecromancerAnne wrote:Literally every solo antagonist except Heretics can hide their main method of acquiring equipment and actually have the means to disguise the fact they are an antagonist up and until they use overt items and powers. Additionally, the Heretic must have the item to do whatever it needs to do in the round. It isn't just their uplink. It's the means to act in the role. So you kind of need it. Hiding it just neuters yourself entirely.

Which is the problem. They can't do anything at all without that book. It's maybe the biggest thing holding it back
I was going to say something along the lines of "It's also the only thing holding it back because they can perform robeless jaunts at half the cooldown of a regular jaunt" but actually this isn't something holding the heretic back. Hiding it DOESN'T neuter yourself entirely. As far as I know the book is used for buying spells and sucking up rifts, and the heart is used for sacrifices, but outside of those situations there's no reason to carry them on you. The heretic's innate abilties including their attack and jaunt can be used without those items, so they can just hide them wherever is convenient and use them whenever it's time for a sacrifice or rift sucky sucky. Since they actually can use abilities without the book (I literally tested this but I still doubt myself for some reason) it's basically just like stealing a contractor tablet except it means they can't greentext if they have no living heart, and there's more likely to be other books in the round they can steal. If everyone suddenly starts caring about greentext then yeah you're screwed if you lose it and can't find another, but you don't need to carry it on you at all times. And even if you did, then it's the only thing holding them back. half cooldown jaunt is incredibly good and probably better than anything you can get in the uplink.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566370

NecromancerAnne wrote:Literally every solo antagonist except Heretics can hide their main method of acquiring equipment and actually have the means to disguise the fact they are an antagonist up and until they use overt items and powers. Additionally, the Heretic must have the item to do whatever it needs to do in the round. It isn't just their uplink. It's the means to act in the role. So you kind of need it. Hiding it just neuters yourself entirely.

Yeah, that's the thin red line in sand where the difference between a good gamer and a bad one kinda oozes into reality.
You have difficulties to face and tools to get to your goals. Past that it's pandering.
That seems balanced to me, yes, you are powerful but you are also easy to discern to be one unless you are careful.

And since this is somehow specifically manuel, it's far more arpee to stress over that than to get given code solutions to thing that makes for good conflict story about a stressy little wizard wannabe. Something being hard isn't bad, it's just hard to do. Antagonists are not supposed to WIN, they are supposed to get caught in the conflict and cause it, yes? Greentexting isn't supposed to be something that always happens, that's optional and given to the players who put in the effort, not a participation trophy.

If the thing is easy, it's no worth doing. Easy things get boring fast. Also the longevity of the antag kinda comes into play if we immediately start changing it to be easier.
signnatrire
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566383

If I was told my role can't be played without basically ignoring the stuff I have been given to make any progress, period, in my role on the off chance a security officer checks me for looking at him funny, which is why those disguised pieces of gear exist because our playerbase are animals that will do that, what good is the role? You need the book to gain knowledge, to do runes and do your objectives. Otherwise, you fail without it.

I might as well toss all my shit into a grinder and do a generic murderbone given what you just said. The role becomes just a pointless vector for murderboning.

What I said isn't a matter of helping new players 'git gud', which to me isn't something detrimental in the first place and your post reeks of elitism or being quite disenguous. It's that these protections exist from a code level to spit in the face of metagamers who hate fun. Think about all the times you've seen security members strip people of the items that usually are uplinks, even if they have no reason to suspect that the person is a traitor. It's those people the uplinks being disguised exist for, but by unfortunate happenstance have been given key information to more easily discover antags (clowns with a pen in their bag being the reason he was executed, for example). They are also the same people that had some fun interactions removed like Syndicake traitor healing, and why we can't have antag tests, period. This game falls completely apart if you have no method obsfucation if you want to maintain the idea it is a paranoia game.

This is going to end up as Hiveminds all over again, is my point. It was an antag with little early power, and by using any of it's powers up until they are unstoppable, they just die on the spot or stop being able to function in the round. Absolutely garbage role I wouldn't blame anyone for just giving up on, making a stunprod and maint musket, and wiping the station of life that way instead rather than engage with the role itself.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566435

NecromancerAnne wrote:rather than engage with the role itself.
Traitors are occasionally burdened with traitorboxes to hide their shard and/or nuke core. Same difference, greentext becomes impossible without and that's your roleplay document on manuel. "steal the core/shard".
Nobody complains about those.

"These are the breaks you are given, make best of it." And that's the roleplay document you are given as Heretic or as any antag, really.
As long as it WORKS, no roleplayer should not argue he needs buff X or Y to be better at it.
There's absolutely zero reason to be GOOD at the role or even follow objectives to roleplay it.
Only thing rising from buffs is the same problem that PnP has with wizards and warriors. One is the superior role to play mechanically, other is the mechanically inferior. And none of that shit matters when you sit in a table and are swinging your sword and board in a sea of orks.
It's an elective role anyway for roleplay, optimally people would only roll/choose for antags they wish to roleplay, not the one's the win with.
Be paranoid and hide your stuff and maybe get them stolen and then you are running for your life cus you know they are checking for fingerprints on the shit. That's heretic playing his role, him keeping the shit on him and having a "i win button" of some sort really just severs you from the roleplay of it when you can elect not to be what you are roleplaying for a hot minute to escape the consequences of your actions.
That's an very OOC shit to have access to.
A good roleplayer gives two shits what happens the end as long as he's roleplaying. Game balance is an issue for powergamers, not to a roleplayer.

That being said, having a "i win button" that you have to murder someone for seems very in-line with what heretic do and leaves that evidence trail and metaphorical timer being tied to that so conflict follows.

I'm of the opinion you should roleplay the shit you are given, you argue game should rise up to meet you.
It's a roleplay server, you are supposed to act like a heretic and be paranoid about it. Given free escape method is far more conducive to causing murderbones than people playing it being afraid of being caught.

It's manuel, right? The winning part of it becomes really not an option and succeeding even less of an issue. You roleplay what you are given for as long as you can to the point you can. Not beeline the greentext. That's engaging with the role. What sec is allowed to do and not to do isn't a rule manuel has defined to any degree as pointed out by this thread and the screaming that follows. Immediately going to "we must be able to escape security now" over one instance isn't really healthy but powercreep for sake of powercreep.

And on Bagel, who gives a shit, then it's hard balance problem and we need playtesting and lots of test runs to get a picture what is *Actually* needed to make it something resembling a a 50/50 split when crew and heretics clash.

Neither approach is wrong doe, it goes to the "game design" of it all. And that's on Oranges to make a decision or someone who codes it, iunno.
signnatrire
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566446

I don't actually think the syndicate extraction kit is at all a good addition to traitor whatsoever either, because it literally gets abandoned for exactly the same reasons I just stated, and also forces a massively obvious traitor tell onto you before you are even ready. Additionally, doesn't prevent you from setting your own goals within the antag. It definitely gets ignored a lot just because it is such a big giveaway you are a badman, as well as the frustrations involved in doing the objective that it is attached too, which usually makes it more trouble than it is worth. It really also goes to show how fucking awful the objective system is.

Both of these things suck, but heretics not being able to goal set without that book is one of it's biggest hurdles. Traitors can absolutely do way more without giving themselves away as an antag by comparison short of that box.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #566456

personally I think rock deepfrying and eating a traitor's tools in front of their face before tossing them the fuck back out into the halls is fucking hilarious and the fact that the antag literally cannot function without this single point of failure is a flaw in the design of the antag, not in his method of dealing with it
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #566466

I want to know in what universe, including farty spess-man, would you find a dude with magical powers blastin', a creepy cult book and a literal heart and not be completely in the right to shove the whole lot into an incinerator and find a therapist? Frying and eating it is kinda NRP but it is traditional.

Ok, any universe except The Elder Scrolls.
Last edited by Kassori on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
pfp by AspEv
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #566477

Last edited by Jack7D1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #566510

Kassori wrote:I want to know in what universe, including farty spess-man, would you find a dude with magical powers blastin', a creepy cult book and a literal heart and not be completely in the right t shove the whole lot into an incinerator and find a therapist? Frying and eating it is kinda NRP but is traditional.

I watched my friends die and the murderer brought the disembodied heads to medical so thats okay, won't get nightmares for months or anything (: won't feel any emotion or anger (:
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566526

Dear jack, shut the hell up. thank you for making it personal.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #566527

Kassori wrote:I want to know in what universe, including farty spess-man, would you find a dude with magical powers blastin', a creepy cult book and a literal heart and not be completely in the right to shove the whole lot into an incinerator and find a therapist? Frying and eating it is kinda NRP but it is traditional.

literally in the mrp server specific rules
Real life realism is not required, and you are encouraged to be a little silly within the context of the SS13 game world. (Clowning around, people spontaneously exploding and creating ridiculously elaborate machinery are all non-serious things but yet a vital part of the game world.)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #566528

Jack7D1 wrote:It's worth noting that no one was punished and the antagonist got a second chance mainly because of how new the antagonist is to everyone. This is unlikely to set precedent and was really a choice made to make the round more fun for more people. Since I doubt validhunting lizard who really shouldn't play on Manuel would enjoy the extended shift immediately following.
are you b a r a r p e e i n g son
► Show Spoiler
Kassori

Post by Kassori » #566531

Which rule? Im kinda retarded but handing a killer back their killing tools because RAISENS is just next level NRP
pfp by AspEv
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #566532

Kassori wrote:
Which rule? Im kinda retarded but handing a killer back their killing tools because RAISENS is just next level NRP
rule 8

and I'm not talking "handing a killer back their killing tools" as an example of silliness within the context of the SS13 game world, I'm talking "deepfrying and eating a fucking book"
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #566533

The whole thing is kinda weird on one hand it's fine for an admin to 'dm' and do things to make the round more enjoyable as a whole and on the other hand the one(?) person who wasn't pleased at all with how it felt to them is basically being insulted for that feeling by admins.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566534

Actually, dear jack, yes I was punished. Aside from berating me, Rave said that they only didn't punish me because this was a one time thing as far as they were concerned, implying that if the same thing happened in the future, I would be punished. I was also punished with my round being fucking ruined. Maybe it was for the benefit of the round, but all I got from rave wasn't that they were doing it to improve the round the fact they were screaming at me about it made it seem like it was because I was evil norp metagaming book fryer man. The man who validhunted super hard because he tried to stop the antag after he had killed several people. The man who validhunted super hard because he mentioned that he was going to fry the book before he fried it so if any other security officers were so invested in the roleplay, they could've told me in advance not to fry the book. The man who validhunted super hard because he was fighting an antag that was only killable with lethals so he used lethals to kill them. Why should I have given any slack to James if I'm still the horrible validhunt bad guy for trying to stop an openly dangerous antagonist? But whatever it's rock he always does thissssssssss
Kassori

Post by Kassori » #566535

rule 8

and I'm not talking "handing a killer back their killing tools" as an example of silliness within the context of the SS13 game world, I'm talking "deepfrying and eating a fucking book"
Yeah, my disagreement is handing a book of witchcraft and a literal fucking heart back to someone doing dark magic is not
8. Play as a coherent, believable character.

Burning the witch is the reasonable thing to do.

The other part of rule 8
There's a good chance your character still wants to have a job at the end of the day, so you should probably act like it.

"Sorry boss, I didn't realize the black tome written in blood or the shriveled black heart were something dangerous, please don't fire me!"

Of course that also applies to "I'm so sorry Admiral, I had no idea you'd want to actually see evidence of paranormal activity on the station because I fucking ate it"

Eating the book is NRP, as I said, they should have been put in evidence at best or at worst, cremated so they were destroyed in a way that wasnt an NRP meme at worst.
Also Real life realism is not required, and you are encouraged to be a little silly within the context of the SS13 game world. (Clowning around, people spontaneously exploding and creating ridiculously elaborate machinery are all non-serious things but yet a vital part of the game world.)
That applies to frying and eating things to destroy them as well.

He's also a lizzer. I've had my inflamed appendix plucked out and snacked on a few times by those strange friends, so eating a heart isn't that weird.
pfp by AspEv
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #566568

confused rock wrote:Dear jack, shut the hell up. thank you for making it personal.
dont worry jack is just good at telling people to not play on manuel 8-)
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #566575

Kassori wrote: Eating the book is NRP
No it isn't.

Just because something is silly doesn't make it NRP.

The Discworld books are silly. Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is silly. That doesn't mean you can't have a MRP or even HRP game in either of those settings.

Roleplay levels have absolutely jack shit to do with the seriousness of the setting you're roleplaying in and the idea that it does is a cancer that ends up creeping into any community that attempts to have any RP going on. It's what led to bullshit like Bay players demanding that you not be allowed to put a hat on the dog because "we're HRP, we've got to be serious".
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #566576

Fikou wrote:
confused rock wrote:Dear jack, shut the hell up. thank you for making it personal.
dont worry jack is just good at telling people to not play on manuel 8-)
play on manuel
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #566587

Manuel is a bad server basil and Terry are better.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566589

confused rock wrote:Actually, dear jack, yes I was punished. Aside from berating me, Rave said that they only didn't punish me because this was a one time thing as far as they were concerned, implying that if the same thing happened in the future, I would be punished. I was also punished with my round being fucking ruined.
Do you regard any threat that doesn't immediately die to you as having ruined your round? It seems like you spent the round actively engaged in fighting him, so would it have even mattered whether it was the same antag or a different one?

What Rave did was a course correction for the round with a massive crutch in securities favour. A constant gps locator and teleportation device in the target.

And can you really call someone not noting you but just using stern words towards you a punishment? Because that is a bit...interesting. It's like saying any admin messaging you is a punishment.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566593

It's absolutely a punishment because they gave the strong implication I should never do what I did again, same as if they did leave a note. I think this is wrong, so I complain.

Jack has certainly helped me understand how I feel about this. You could argue that this was just executed poorly and was in the benefit of the round as it was the first time we were getting to see heretics (albeit not in their intended environment) But that's not how rave told it to me and that's not how jack is saying it. Rave said everything I did was lowrp and that I was metagaming for saying that this normally isn't an issue since the antagonist doesn't spawn alone, which I thought was the case!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #566599

Do it rave I know you want to
[this space reserved]
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566606

so i heard you could get a spray bottle and fill it with cooking oil to make an on demand item fryer is this true
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #566639

saprasam wrote:so i heard you could get a spray bottle and fill it with cooking oil to make an on demand item fryer is this true
Yes. You can spray/splash items with hot enough cooking oil to instantly fry them.
The more cooking oil in the reaction the more fried the resulting food item will be.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566659

You can fry projectiles midflight with it.
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566665

NecromancerAnne wrote:You can fry projectiles midflight with it.
it's why i'm so interested in it, more ways for me to powergame victories
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

rock permanent secban peanut

Post by Flatulent » #566717

this is what you get for playing on Manuel lmao
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: rock permanent secban peanut

Post by Armhulen » #566720

A MESSAGE FROM THE GODS
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: rock permanent secban peanut

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #566722

Tbh I hate aura's style. It's a very "WOW you attacked someone? BAD!" style - maybe it would work on manuel but it's probably worse from when he was on LRP.

I was noted for gunning down a non-antag QM as acting HoS for sending mindshields back to centcomm on a cult round because I force fed him a holymelon then mindshielded him (oh noooo not his right to be properly nourished and protected from antagonists!) - LRP server.

He had the gall to "inform" me "BRO mindshields only work on revs not cultists!" and when I corrected him that that's straight up wrong and the shields prevent conversions (Obviously the plan is to water -> shield the whole crew to prevent conversions/weed out cultists) he tells me "But BRO it doesn't stop people being SHARDED!" like yeah thanks dude if I see a fucking construct walking the halls they're kind of past the stage where I have to wonder to myself if they want to sacrifice me to their god or not.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.