rock permanent secban peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Peanut Brittle: Unloved Rock thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #565974

Bottom post of the previous page:

So they gib people like normal cult, for wizard tier powers? Shadowling ascension?

I honestly have no clue if it was deserved to yeet their tools until I know how OP they get

But from rocks explanation, they do sound kinda OP ngl
► Show Spoiler
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: rock permanent secban peanut

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #566722

Tbh I hate aura's style. It's a very "WOW you attacked someone? BAD!" style - maybe it would work on manuel but it's probably worse from when he was on LRP.

I was noted for gunning down a non-antag QM as acting HoS for sending mindshields back to centcomm on a cult round because I force fed him a holymelon then mindshielded him (oh noooo not his right to be properly nourished and protected from antagonists!) - LRP server.

He had the gall to "inform" me "BRO mindshields only work on revs not cultists!" and when I corrected him that that's straight up wrong and the shields prevent conversions (Obviously the plan is to water -> shield the whole crew to prevent conversions/weed out cultists) he tells me "But BRO it doesn't stop people being SHARDED!" like yeah thanks dude if I see a fucking construct walking the halls they're kind of past the stage where I have to wonder to myself if they want to sacrifice me to their god or not.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #566723

welcome to the manuel, the hugbox server where you get banned for killing people who are killing crew members.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #566726

admins will tel you notes don't matter or that they "fade" so you really shouldn't appeal them anyways
here's proof that that's bullshit and you should always appeal, even if you don't get them overturned, since they'll look retarded trying to use dumb notes against you (like rock's "let a player succumb to death" one)
fuck jannies, fuck jannies and FUCK jannies
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #566727

teepeepee wrote:admins will tel you notes don't matter or that they "fade" so you really shouldn't appeal them anyways
here's proof that that's bullshit and you should always appeal, even if you don't get them overturned, since they'll look retarded trying to use dumb notes against you (like rock's "let a player succumb to death" one)
are you offering? ;)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kingtrin
Byond Username: Kingtrin

Post by Kingtrin » #566734

Isn't walking into the chapel and threatening to kill people over basically nothing the very definition of LRP? This is literally validing an event.

Also lol at beesting saying the death threat is irrelevant on a server where your supposed to not immediately look for excuses to murder antags.
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #566735

>roleplay server
>get banned for not doing things the exact way whatever admin running the event wanted
imagine setting a strict narrative involving armed nutjobs, interfering in a round and taking up a section of the map, and banning somebody, a security officer who is meant to keep the station safe, for successfully (after a warning) robusting said armed nutjobs who, apparently using a threat of force, drove a crewmember out of his work area.
banning someone for not letting an event go precisely how you want is the antithesis of actual RP. people on manuel are so scared of going horizontal that basically any scenario which leads to it results in bwoinks, and this is consistent.

t. occasional manuel player
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #566737

>Manuel players regularly lament that noone ever plays sec
>Take every opportunity to ahelp the second sec breathes on them
>Not a single Mod who works Manuel (save BASED VEKTOR/PKP/Phuzzy) have ever played Sec and love to bring the hammer down on those pesky Sec Players who have the gall to interfere with their events/RP
>Secban one of the only regular sec players, making the No Sec problem even worse

Lmao, taking bets on who gets secbanned next, me or Larry.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #566742

Larry
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #566743

MUH EVENT

It's the JOB of Security to protect the crew. And you (as a seccie) stroll up and see three guys beating on your crew, and know they aren't affiliated with the station, you don't need to be nice to them.
I'm glad I ducked out that round. Would random crewmembers trying to intervene have gotten the ban too?

Rule 4: Act like an antag, get treated like an antag.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #566744

This janitor is not worthy of his powers. Let me take his place, and I will lead our armies to victory.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #566747

teepeepee wrote:admins will tel you notes don't matter or that they "fade" so you really shouldn't appeal them anyways
You should always appeal notes that are incorrect or add items not related to the incident because they are tallies and when you have X tallies for the same thing people are reasonably gonna assume you can’t figure it out.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #566749

dude with 6% my hours on manuel who has never played manuel security in his life trying to tell me helping someone finish off 3 people they were already killing is murdering. I thought this ban was uninformed, but after seeing how they talked to armblade chaplain I realise this ban is also probably malicious, especially with how its worded that implies I ran up to three civilians and gunned them down. My ban doesn't even mention the chaplain!

Nobody plays security on manuel, especially the admins, for two reasons. The first is that it can seem really boring if you're actually just in it for the valids- there's usually not much in the way of conflict, so validhunters don't actually play security. In fact, if you want to validhunt on manuel you're better off playing another role, like chaplain! The chaplain started the fight and got off scot free while I was permanently banned from the role for protecting them, because sec can subdue people non lethally while others can also do this but aren't expected to. Fighting antags is far more frustrating if you are playing security for this reason. In this case we were outnumbered too, the perfect situation for lethal force. There's only a couple players who will put up with playing manuel security when nobody else signs up for the role and I thought it was for these reasons, but since we now have one less manuel sec player, it might also be because basically none of the admins on manuel ever play security. This admin especially doesn't seem to comprehend the stress involved in working alone, or doesn't want to because they don't like Rock. I'm not easy to like and I don't expect everyone to, but it's kind of inevitable that the person who most often plays the rarely played role designed to stop conflict, would get into trouble more often. Too bad that doesn't justify them talking about my note history when I don't have any notes about my behaviour as security in the past year.
BrianBackslide wrote:MUH EVENT

It's the JOB of Security to protect the crew. And you (as a seccie) stroll up and see three guys beating on your crew, and know they aren't affiliated with the station, you don't need to be nice to them.
I'm glad I ducked out that round. Would random crewmembers trying to intervene have gotten the ban too?

Rule 4: Act like an antag, get treated like an antag.
No, random crew members would not have been banned because they're held to a significantly lower standard than security, can't be expected to have non lethal means of dealing with enemies, and aren't that annoying grey lizard.

Again, for those who didn't read the log of their ahelp discussion with the chaplain, it was basically them saying "no, you didn't do anything wrong, now how can you tell me that all of the deaths were Rock's fault?" To which the chaplain basically replied that they weren't concerned about whether the crusaders lived or died, probably straying from a more direct "yes I had a fucking armblade and I'm outnumbered 3 to 1 what do you expect me to do" because they were worried Aura would punish them.

For those who didn't read the logs of the ahelp with me, it starts with Aura giving me "why did you beat your wife" I Mean "why did you valid the crusaders", them basically telling me that I personally started all the trouble and that they probably would've banned me no matter what I said, they were just curious.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #566756

I couldn’t care less, even if rock doesn’t deserve this, it’ll happen eventually. Admins fucking hate him so hes fucked either way.
[this space reserved]
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #566758

A true loss of a storycrafter and high quality RPer for Manuel. :(
F
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566761

Some admins who have never played manuel sec a day in their life may grudge me, Wesoda, but hopefully I’ll be fine as long as some other people have brains.

I fucking dare you to play manuel sec for a week. Yes, even if there are zero other officers, that’s when you’re needed most; And, as it turns out, most likely to be banned.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #566762

I have a character all made up to play sec rounds on and this right here is why I don't ever do it. I don't want to have to live under the assumption that I'm going to get ahelped for doing what I'm supposed to do. Especially since I'm not really the best RPer.

Maybe MRP was a mistake and it's not the playerbase that's not ready for it, but the admins.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566763

The one thing that does concern me is that this is a permanent secban which is absolutely ridiculous, but means that my ban will likely be reduced instead of removed entirely. Though it's still a several day secban since I have to waste my time appealing it.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #566764

Rock if it makes you feel any better I have dozens and dozens of hours in sec on Manuel and hardly ever even got bwoinked.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #566770

Those ahelp logs between Aura and the Chaplain are so damning for that appeal.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[2020-06-22 02:58:05.473] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): Alright, so a bunch of shit went down, so can you explain what happened to you about the crusaders?
[2020-06-22 02:58:21.416] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): You aren't in trouble, this is just for my understanding of events
[2020-06-22 03:00:22.737] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff)->Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS): I was just trying to talk to them, they attacked me and Bobby first, so I left the chapel and told the HoS what happened, and overheard the pastor say they needed to hold my chapel. I went to robotics, got some flashes, and decided to do things myself because, well, it's my chapel, and what sort of chaplain would let people kick them out of their own chapel. Naturally, since I had flashes, I won, especially with help from the HoS halfway through
[2020-06-22 03:03:30.993] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): So you were taking care of things and the HoS more or less just included themselves into it, right?
[2020-06-22 03:03:59.103] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff)->Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS): Yeah. I had asked them for help because it was 3v1 otherwise. I asked them to help me
[2020-06-22 03:04:44.526] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): But you went in with the express purpose of subduing them, not killing them? You said flashed, there were centcomm messages about it.
[2020-06-22 03:05:33.371] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff)->Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS): I thought those were for stopping people just outright killing them to begin with. I didn't think it mattered if I killed them or not after they attacked me and the geneticist with swords
Chaplain claims they and another crew member were attacked first, that they informed the HoS, that they asked the HoS to help them, that they in particular weren't fighting with only the intent of non-lethally subduing as they were attacked first with weapons.

This alone fully justifies Is-A-Lizard's actions.

If you're gonna be banning Is-A-Lizard for being a shitsec on MRP, at least WAIT FOR HIM TO ACTUALLY BE A SHITSEC AND BREAK SOME FUCKIN' RULES FIRST.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #566772

^ok that’s pretty convincing, I hope this is over turned

But honestly playing good security is not hard, manuel must really suck
[this space reserved]
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #566775

Used to play Sec in Manuel all the time a few months ago. Never got banned or noted, but got a few bwoinks that mean I can say that yeah, the standards Sec is held to in Manuel can be a bit rough. It often shows a lot of the moderation staff don't play Sec because even in Manuel you can end up going horizontal fast if you jump through all the absurd hoops of escalation you're meant to go through before someone clicks on you really hard.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
EpicFatGamerNuts2006
Byond Username: EpicFatGamerNuts

Post by EpicFatGamerNuts2006 » #566779

Dr. Aura wrote:The culmination of circumstances speak for themselves, as does the magnitude of the response in relation to the nature of the offences. If you put a modicum of the effort you spent trying to defend your actions into deciding which actions are proper for the roles you have spent 5 years playing, you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

A frogge ben a wee beeft wib foure legges, be whiche liveb bob in water and on lond. He ben broun or grene or yelwe, or if he be tropical, he may be dyuers coloures. He hab longis and gylles bob. He haccheb from an ei and he ben be a tadpolle. He growep to be a frogge, if he be nat eton.
Armhulen wrote:i have added epicfatgamernuts2006 to my friends list
wesoda25 wrote:im gonna add EpicFatGamerNuts2006 to my friend list too bc idk what that does
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #566784

Be omniscient or you are not welcome on manuel.
Time travel device is also required.

I'll comp the notion that it's not so much players as it is jannies making the place intolerable.

Literally asspulls an event and then goes ban happy when player has no idea what he was supposed to do in that asspull.
Maybe you could have fucking told him then. Shitler.
signnatrire
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566787

I mean to be fair there is a very slight chance they aren't acting in malice because they have absolutely zero idea how manuel works. They have played a job a total of six times on manuel. All of these times were as shaft miner, and the last time they played security was on sybil in 2019. I have spent 13 days as a living player on manuel. They have a little over a day spent on manuel, total.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #566789

just to clarify if you do something I dont like to the point im ahelping you with intent to ban I dont really care if I haven't roundstart joined that job in days/weeks/months, im still banning you for it.

I think the ban can be argued well enough you arent having to grasp at playtime. If you dont then im not sure why you bothered to even appeal.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566790

I'm just flinging shit since general chat is the new ntr hut
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Re: Peanut Brittle: Unloved Rock thread

Post by Cobby » #566792

wyci is a valid response, stay mad sissies!
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #566793

ok
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #566795

Spoiler:
[2020-06-22 02:58:05.473] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): Alright, so a bunch of shit went down, so can you explain what happened to you about the crusaders?
[2020-06-22 02:58:21.416] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): You aren't in trouble, this is just for my understanding of events
[2020-06-22 03:00:22.737] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff)->Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS): I was just trying to talk to them, they attacked me and Bobby first, so I left the chapel and told the HoS what happened, and overheard the pastor say they needed to hold my chapel. I went to robotics, got some flashes, and decided to do things myself because, well, it's my chapel, and what sort of chaplain would let people kick them out of their own chapel. Naturally, since I had flashes, I won, especially with help from the HoS halfway through
[2020-06-22 03:03:30.993] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): So you were taking care of things and the HoS more or less just included themselves into it, right?
[2020-06-22 03:03:59.103] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff)->Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS): Yeah. I had asked them for help because it was 3v1 otherwise. I asked them to help me
[2020-06-22 03:04:44.526] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS)->Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff): But you went in with the express purpose of subduing them, not killing them? You said flashed, there were centcomm messages about it.
[2020-06-22 03:05:33.371] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tanachi/(Constanze Morschaff)->Dr. Aura/(Tickles-The-INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS): I thought those were for stopping people just outright killing them to begin with. I didn't think it mattered if I killed them or not after they attacked me and the geneticist with swords
See the bolded text: Did Dr. Aura even read Tanachi's response? Tanachi clearly says they asked the HoS for help and then Dr. Aura puts entirely different words in his mouth (keyboard).
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566796

BeeSting12 wrote:Did Dr. Aura even read Tanachi's response?
Pretty sure none of it has anything to do with the reality of the situation.
He was just banbotting for ruining his railroading metafuck "arpee" so you trying to bring logic to it isn't really gonna get you anywhere.
signnatrire
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #566797

Listen, this guy already had a case in his head before the fight even started, and then pieced together the statements to form the most convincing proof for it.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566798

the fated battle of wits
liggersec admin vs liggersec
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566799

Cobby wrote:wyci is a valid response, stay mad sissies!
i'll learn how to code so i can revert cobbychem just to spite you
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #566800

Cobby chem sux
[this space reserved]
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #566802

Why can't admin just have the balls to say they think unlovedrock sucks as sec and ban them for that instead of trying to get validation for the ban from a shitty situation???
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #566803

pugie wrote:Why can't admin just have the balls to say they think unlovedrock sucks as sec and ban them for that instead of trying to get validation for the ban from a shitty situation???
bet u wont

Warm wishes,
Bobbah

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566804

pugie wrote:Why can't admin just have the balls to say they think unlovedrock sucks as sec and ban them for that instead of trying to get validation for the ban from a shitty situation???
i think we should pre-emptively ban liggers from secroles so that we have no shit sec
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566805

saprasam wrote: i think we should pre-emptively ban liggers from secroles so that we have no shit sec
Manuel in it's current state makes a pretty solid argument for banning all the players.

Then admins can't just push around their sockpuppets in their attempts to have arpee and server kick those for "ruining the RP" and normal people can go back to not running into a wall of "I'm sorry what the fuck is this" every few days.

From the looks of it, lot of manuelmins would ban each other if they ever played, so there's that. Kind of self solving solution.
signnatrire
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566806

The secret to dm'ing is understanding you will never receive a 'perfect' response to a given scenario. All things are possible, and all responses are valid. It's up to you to determine what happens next. The best you can do is make sure your set pieces aren't pushovers.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #566807

manuel rounds last too long for me anyways, 3 hours of chemist burns me out before I even roll antag.

shadowflame909 hostage situation never
The secret to dm'ing is understanding you will never receive a 'perfect' response to a given scenario. All things are possible, and all responses are valid. It's up to you to determine what happens next. The best you can do is make sure your set pieces aren't pushovers.
What if you get murder hobos tho

damn murder hobos ruining my arpee
► Show Spoiler
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566808

I thought NecromancerAnne meant direct messaging when I first read it and it still made sense
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #566811

Yeah "you ruined my poorly executed event I'm going to permaban you from your main job" is pretty scummy if that's the case.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #566812

I'd like to think it's about the event, but someone reminded me that Aura plays a lizard who I used to mess with a lot years back before they were an admin, and they might still dislike me because of that. I don't want to think someone has been seething in anger for several years though!
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #566813

Shadowflame909 wrote: What if you get murder hobos tho

damn murder hobos ruining my arpee
I don't really play with murderhobos but if that's what they wanna do, it saves you a lot of the trouble with prep by just throwing bigger and scarier monsters at them with no rhyme or reason. Quite honestly, that's when you start going fucking OLD SCHOOL. Break out the megadungeons full of loot and baddies.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566814

NecromancerAnne wrote:dm'ing
Oh you mean like, rule 10?
Apparently that doesn't apply on manuel tho since everyone forgets it is an extension of rules, not a replacement. So then you get boohoo bans due their snowflake insert dying to SS13 shit and someone was remotely present in the situation to blame it on.

And why *ARE* they DMing ss13 rounds? Isn't the whole purpose of it to self guide itself with antags and events like blob?
Is manuel so fucking neutered nothing actually happens unless admins insert their stuff in and then don't inform players how it's supposed to be played in any capacity and then proceed to ban people due to "incomplete information" since they actually took part of the event?

That actually sounds about right. :honk:
confused rock wrote:I thought NecromancerAnne meant direct messaging when I first read it and it still made sense
Yeah, as if DMing had a big secret beyond being able to be flexible to the levels of aggravating.
And considering 99% of these ss13 events is "y murders x" there's really no point in defending that as DMing.

You can create an area/world for players to roam in and story hooks they either take or don't take. That's kind a the end of your worldbuilding unless you are a shit DM who can't do but railroad. Best rollplays go freeform and then gravitate towards your storyhooks when they feel they are ready for it.

Unless your players agree to being railroaded, it's a thing that gets you booted out of being a DM pretty goddamn fast in PnP. Nobody literally gives a shit what you want as DM and that's the sad truth. You just don't have players if you keep railroading it up. Either you create content for your players to experience in their terms or you could just not DM in the first place. That's the job. Literally every system ever has so much content in it there's no reason to limit yourself to "one story" type of deals in the first place.

Ss13 kinda mirrors that, you just have like 60 players all doing their own murderhobo party in that world that automatically dungeon masters itself and then someone hops in and starts to DM their autism and highjacks the whole experience for sake of their "superior" idea in a setting that's constantly moving and completely out of their control. Of course it's going to go fucking sideways as soon as you engage the storyhook. Durr.

And if you response is to "rocks fall everyone dies" as soon as shit isn't going according to your railroad, you ain't gonna have any friends either.

From what I gather three murderhobos were running around being shit with a sprinkle of "nuhhuh my puppet is better" logic applied to them antagonizing crew and got shat on. That's not being a DM, that's giving players antag rolls. Fucking farcry from being a "dungeonmaster" in any capacity.
signnatrire
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #566815

Lol? it was 'DM'd" because it was an event you nitwit. we say "DM" but in the end its a series of player/admin guided 'events' that occur. they arnt(mostly) rolling d20s and have a dungeon masters screen.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566816

cybersaber101 wrote:Lol? it was 'DM'd" because it was an event you nitwit.
It was same level of DMing as me randomly teleporting your ass to space for no reason other that I can, apparently.
GLHF, no, you can't admincomplaint me it was an event and as such completely valid and your wizard roll is now wasted, no tokens. Also banned for taking part in my event and not doing what I wanted. Learn to mindread you sad fuck.

There's a difference where you actually put effort in and get to call it "DMing" and then there's just pressing buttons and watching spaceman go horizontal and pretend it's somehow an "event" and then get salty nobody had mind reading powers afterwards.
signnatrire
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #566817

confused rock wrote:I'd like to think it's about the event, but someone reminded me that Aura plays a lizard who I used to mess with a lot years back before they were an admin, and they might still dislike me because of that. I don't want to think someone has been seething in anger for several years though!
You'd be shocked when it comes to players who ever adminned.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #566821

Merged the other peanut thread with this one.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #566822

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Merged the other peanut thread with this one.
this is like mixing cashews with coconuts. Both maybe fit the description but you can't fit many coconuts in a bowl so it's unfair to coconuts.
Unless the bowl is made out of coconut.
signnatrire
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #566824

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Merged the other peanut thread with this one.
You realize these are two unrelated things right?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?