[Hornygranny] Beardbeard - Permaban appeal - 2020 is my year

Appeals which have been closed.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Beardbeard

[Hornygranny] Beardbeard - Permaban appeal - 2020 is my year

Post by Beardbeard » #567112

BYOND account: Beardbeard, Sideburns, Flensing, another 1 or 2 - forgot the password to these and used 10minutemail. Current is Tytalus
Character name: I don't remember, probably Charles Veni
Ban type: Permanent, Hellban, Hardcoded ban, Dedicated server to host my ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Into the trash it goes!
Time ban was placed: 5:45 PM December 9, 2013
Server you were playing on when banned: I forget, don't think whatever name it had even exists at this point.
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A
Your side of the story: I don't remember exactly what I had done at this point, but it was after a series of bans and unbans for murder, sabotage, etc. All justified, all deserved. I will not claim otherwise, I was a bad man.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It has been 7 years. In the time since that ban, I have graduated high school, dropped out of college before my first semester even began, worked a series of shitty retail and security jobs, and truly become Chill. I have ascended beyond the man I was 7 years ago. I have gained an appreciation for communities and their rules, and what is and is not reasonable behavior among people. I make an oath to you now, my friends, that I will never again repeat the mistakes of my past. I ask your forgiveness, that we may once again game together.
References of good conduct: I played on the Colonial Marines server a lot last year, Goonstation too but I don't think anyone I spoke to a lot on either one is really still around.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Hornygranny] Beardbeard - Permaban appeal - 2020 is my year

Post by Stickymayhem » #567120

It's a 7 year old ban. The evasion component was during a database failure where they ended up getting unbanned for three days. Almost no admins that were around back then are still here.

Maybe they've changed, maybe not. Personally I don't think it's the end of the world if they get unbanned, fuck up again and get rebanned.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #567122

Stickymayhem wrote:It's a 7 year old ban. The evasion component was during a database failure where they ended up getting unbanned for three days. Almost no admins that were around back then are still here.

Maybe they've changed, maybe not. Personally I don't think it's the end of the world if they get unbanned, fuck up again and get rebanned.
we did like a year or two back. He played for a short amount of times and then basically intentionally griefed specifically to get banned again.
That's his gimmick.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567123

NikNakFlak wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:It's a 7 year old ban. The evasion component was during a database failure where they ended up getting unbanned for three days. Almost no admins that were around back then are still here.

we did like a year or two back. He played for a short amount of times and then basically intentionally griefed specifically to get banned again.
That's his gimmick.
Oh I forgot about that, yes. If I recall correctly I was hanging outside of the engine, disconnecting the cooling loop while the engineers watched, then hiding behind a corner and doing it again when I heard them wrench it back into place. I may or may not have been a clown but it was a stupid thing to do.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567126

Since I'm breaking kayfabe here anyway, I would also like to state that, while it's no defense of what I did at all, the intention was always comedic in some way, and many people saw it as such. Obviously it did bother people and violated the rules, or I would never have been banned, but my intentions have never been malicious and I will ensure that I act only within acceptable boundaries if unbanned.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #567133

9. If you are appealing a ban from a retired administrator, an active admin may answer at their discretion. The admin taking over should make as much known as soon as they begin investigation.
fine ari...

I am now handling this ban since HG is no longer on the team and because I was the first individual to post here and because he is no longer on the blacklist, ergo it's free game.

The answer is "no". You can prove you have actually changed by playing on another community for some time that they would be interested in vouching for you.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567134

Cobby wrote:
9. If you are appealing a ban from a retired administrator, an active admin may answer at their discretion. The admin taking over should make as much known as soon as they begin investigation.
fine ari...

I am now handling this ban since HG is no longer on the team and because I was the first individual to post here and because he is no longer on the blacklist, ergo it's free game.

The answer is "no". You can prove you have actually changed by playing on another community for some time that they would be interested in vouching for you.
I discussed this with Sticky, who was the first non-deleted post, before posting my appeal if that affects things at all.

Edit: To expand, I discussed the nature of my ban with him and was encouraged to post an appeal as he did not personally see any issue with the ban being lifted. I don't know if that really counts as him "taking over" but I think it merits more than just an outright refusal.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #567135

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... rd#p417152

If I remember correctly, you were unbanned last time but now you're appealing an actual server ban on a different account?

Like, stop appealing different bans on other accounts. You're currently permabanned on sideburns for the following reason:

(MANUAL BAN) On round ID 90715, set the SM up to delaminate and then disconnected. It was extended. Please explain on forums. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID

You were given a chance and you blew it. Like, don't make it seem like it was a thing 7 years ago when that's not the case. I feel like this is probably more closed shut at least.

Anyways, I think the appeal should be updated. Somehow you fooled sticky into thinking you weren't unbanned 2 years ago. Like I get it, we unbanned you 2 years ago since it's been awhile. But now, we have recent precedence and the "7 year ban" is misleading.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #567136

The post 2nd bit is just peanut posting after giving factual information, not a ruling. I cannot speak for private conversations but I imagine that was also an opinion/suggestion (or an inappropriate ruling as you are not suppose to handle rulings privately).

My first post (deleted) and last post were both rulings and they are both the first ones on this appeal.

Again, I'm happy to have you return only when you prove you are interested in actually changing. That activity of showing you've changed does not need to be done on TG.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567137

CitrusGender wrote:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... rd#p417152

If I remember correctly, you were unbanned last time but now you're appealing an actual server ban on a different account?

Like, stop appealing different bans on other accounts. You're currently permabanned on sideburns for the following reason:

(MANUAL BAN) On round ID 90715, set the SM up to delaminate and then disconnected. It was extended. Please explain on forums. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID

You were given a chance and you blew it. Like, don't make it seem like it was a thing 7 years ago when that's not the case. I feel like this is probably more closed shut at least.

Anyways, I think the appeal should be updated. Somehow you fooled sticky into thinking you weren't unbanned 2 years ago. Like I get it, we unbanned you 2 years ago since it's been awhile. But now, we have recent precedence and the "7 year ban" is misleading.
I don't have access to see that appeal, but I assume it's the one I mentioned earlier? Where I was disconnecting a pipe or something over and over again. I genuinely did forget about that until it was mentioned. I can update the appeal, but it would just be adding on that incident. The rest doesn't change, I'm not going to pretend I didn't fuck around in the past, I deserved to get banned. I was a shithead, as part of my irony veneer that I'm sick of maintaining because I was just an asshole to everyone.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567139

Cobby wrote:The post 2nd bit is just peanut posting after giving factual information, not a ruling. I cannot speak for private conversations but I imagine that was also an opinion/suggestion (or an inappropriate ruling as you are not suppose to handle rulings privately).

My first post (deleted) and last post were both rulings and they are both the first ones on this appeal.

Again, I'm happy to have you return only when you prove you are interested in actually changing. That activity of showing you've changed does not need to be done on TG.
I get that, but I was fiending CM for months and I'm not banned. IIRC the reason I stopped was actually because roleplay just got more or less thrown out the window. I don't remember any of the people I talked to, and am doubtful anyone is around to vouch for me still, and to be honest I really don't want to play on another server/community that I don't care a whole lot about solely to wrangle someone with some standing to vouch for me here. It just feels very dishonest, and contrary to my goal of being less of a little shithead.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #567140

Beardbeard wrote: I don't have access to see that appeal, but I assume it's the one I mentioned earlier? Where I was disconnecting a pipe or something over and over again. I genuinely did forget about that until it was mentioned. I can update the appeal, but it would just be adding on that incident. The rest doesn't change, I'm not going to pretend I didn't fuck around in the past, I deserved to get banned. I was a shithead, as part of my irony veneer that I'm sick of maintaining because I was just an asshole to everyone.
I feel like it's important since the main thing behind this appeal is saying you've changed after 7 years but really it's more of a question whether or not you've changed after 2 years and whether or not we should give you another chance. Like I get it, the last 5 year ban was long enough but now we have something recent that completely makes your "reason to be unbanned" invalid since something happened 2 years ago and not 7.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #567143

it's not dishonest to play nice on one server so you can play nice on the other. You can be totally transparent with them. If you dont feel like they should have you on their server to the point where it feels dishonest, I certainly dont want you on ours.

You can either find someone from CM to summarize your recent (I will not accept activity near the 2 year mark since we banned you then) activity/behavior or play on another server and reappeal later, otherwise this is certainly denied barring headmin override. You have ruined your chances here, and unlike others i am not going to entertain some notion that because you haven't grieffed us specifically for 2 years for whatever reason I need to roll the dice and hope you don't do it again after what, the 10+ chances you've already been given?
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567158

CitrusGender wrote:
Beardbeard wrote: I don't have access to see that appeal, but I assume it's the one I mentioned earlier? Where I was disconnecting a pipe or something over and over again. I genuinely did forget about that until it was mentioned. I can update the appeal, but it would just be adding on that incident. The rest doesn't change, I'm not going to pretend I didn't fuck around in the past, I deserved to get banned. I was a shithead, as part of my irony veneer that I'm sick of maintaining because I was just an asshole to everyone.
I feel like it's important since the main thing behind this appeal is saying you've changed after 7 years but really it's more of a question whether or not you've changed after 2 years and whether or not we should try you again. Like I get it, the last 5 year ban was long enough but now we have something recent that completely makes your "reason to be unbanned" invalid since something happened 2 years ago and not 7.
That's perfectly fair. Again, no defense, but I believe what I did at that point was very minor compared to the shit I used to do. It was still stupid and not something I would do again.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #567159

Cobby wrote:it's not dishonest to play nice on one server so you can play nice on the other. You can be totally transparent with them. If you dont feel like they should have you on their server to the point where it feels dishonest, I certainly dont want you on ours.

You can either find someone from CM to summarize your recent (I will not accept activity near the 2 year mark since we banned you then) activity/behavior or play on another server and reappeal later, otherwise this is certainly denied barring headmin override. You have ruined your chances here, and unlike others i am not going to entertain some notion that because you haven't grieffed us specifically for 2 years for whatever reason I need to roll the dice and hope you don't do it again after what, the 10+ chances you've already been given?
It's more the fact that I have no interest in playing in their community and would ultimately just be trying to find someone to hassle and say "Hey can you tell these guys I'm not a shithead" you know? It feels wrong to me. I assure you that I have no intention of spending all this time just to do something stupid and get banned, because I know the moment anything were even suspected of me it would be reapplied with no questions asked.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #567168

Gonna post this timeline here in hopes that it will be found by future generations of spessmen:

2014-06-02
[hornygranny] Beardbeard Permaban | Posting as Beardbeard - Denied

2015-08-28
[Tsaricide] Beardbeard - I have a dream | Posting as Beardbeard - Denied

2016-01-15
[hornygranny] Beardbeard - new year new me | Posting as Beardbeard - Denied

2017-06-29
Beardbeard - Make /tg/station great again | Posting as Beardbeard - Denied

2018-01-18
[jordie0608] Beardbeard - Blacklist Appeal | Posting as Sideburns - Denied

2018-06-09
[jordie0608] Beardbeard - Blacklist Appeal | Posting as Sideburns - Successful

2018-07-04
24 hour server ban applied by togopal

Code: Select all

Rule 1 ban - As a silicon with custom laws (https://i.imgur.com/PkxIfoB.png), killed a HoS for "not typing proper english". Custom laws do not allow you to kill without reason. Adminhelp log https://i.imgur.com/ogckiR5.png
2018-07-04
[togopal] sideburns - patriotism gone too far | Posting as Sideburns - Denied

2018-07-09
Permanent server ban applied by lazengann

Code: Select all

On round ID 90715, set the SM up to delaminate and then disconnected. It was extended. Please explain on forums.
2019-06-01
Ban evades on the event hall during database downtime
"I was playing on the event hall yesterday while the ban database was down and I want to continue doing that."

2019-06-02
[Lazengann] Beardbeard - Ban Appeal | Posting as Beardbeard - Denied

2020-06-25
You are here ---> X
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #567213

Someone pinged me in discord for this but yeah Cobby can have this he's doing a good job here
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #567222

Worth noting HG is still around and pops in from time to time. Would not be hard to flag him down.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #567226

Beardbeard wrote: It's more the fact that I have no interest in playing in their community and would ultimately just be trying to find someone to hassle and say "Hey can you tell these guys I'm not a shithead" you know? It feels wrong to me. I assure you that I have no intention of spending all this time just to do something stupid and get banned, because I know the moment anything were even suspected of me it would be reapplied with no questions asked.
And I'm not interested in entertaining your shenanigans once again so we are back at square one where I deny this appeal.