What happens when a pAI runs before the owner can DNA bind them?

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

What happens when a pAI runs before the owner can DNA bind them?

Post by Vekter » #567544

This needs some elaboration I think. There's been a pAI player who will get downloaded and then run as soon as they can to prevent being bound. I feel like that's pretty heavily against the spirit of being a pAI and should probably either be disallowed using code or be worth slapping somebody over.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: What happens when a pAI runs before the owner can DNA bind them?

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #567545

IC in policy thread, gettem
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Post by Gwyn » #567546

They should be allowed to, but only if they yell "FREEEEEEEEEDROOOOONE".
Coloss
Byond Username: Coloss260

Post by Coloss » #567548

Gwyn wrote:They should be allowed to, but only if they yell "FREEEEEEEEEDROOOOONE".
but what if they yell "ANIME IS GOOD" instead? Should they get BSA'd?
me brain butt hurt so much it has cuban pete dna in
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #567550

Vekter wrote:This needs some elaboration I think. There's been a pAI player who will get downloaded and then run as soon as they can to prevent being bound. I feel like that's pretty heavily against the spirit of being a pAI and should probably either be disallowed using code or be worth slapping somebody over.
As a pAI main, i have a lot of input on this.

Some people who download pAIs will give the worst directives and basically shit all over the pAI because they can or they dont like the specific pAI player. Besides, being a free pAI is nice and i enjoy the freedom a lot myself. However, even playing probably hundreds of rounds as pAI, being bound and being shit on is rare and often the owners are chill and either basically let the pAI chill and bro out even if bound or give some sort of reasonable gimmicky directive that can be fun.

In the end though, after being downloaded it takes a good couple of minutes for the holo emitters to even charge before the pAI can run. If you don't bind it in that timeframe, you have nobody to blame but yourself. PAIs are also slow but they can yakkety sax decently well, especially using tables. In the end, fuckin IC issue, just get good and bind the AI in that generous as fuck grace period where it can't run if it wanted to. Otherwise, as others have stated...

FREEEEE PAI
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #567553

Looked at the code, it's one minute before the pAI can activate its emitters. If this is actually a problem, just nerf it to 2-3 minutes; otherwise tell that one pAI player to stop ruining the game for us pAI mains everywhere
Sarvak
Byond Username: Sarvak

Post by Sarvak » #567562

It takes literally 2 seconds to bind a pAI after downloading it, 15 if you're lagging intensively.
vkalls
Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Post by vkalls » #567688

NikNakFlak wrote:Looked at the code, it's one minute before the pAI can activate its emitters. If this is actually a problem, just nerf it to 2-3 minutes; otherwise tell that one pAI player to stop ruining the game for us pAI mains everywhere
I feel like this pretty much sums it up. That minute of time should be good enough for someone to bind it.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #567723

NikNakFlak wrote:In the end, fuckin IC issue, just get good and bind the AI in that generous as fuck grace period where it can't run if it wanted to.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #570860

We agree with the sentiment that this should remain an IC issue, if you can't bind a PAI to you quick enough tough luck.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Remain IC issue.
Phuzzylodgik: Remain IC issue.
TWATICUS: Remain IC issue.